Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Time to be a RAMS/COLTS fan!!!!!!

(assuming we beat Pitt, of course)

Rams win and we're in.

Colts win and we're in.

Of the two, I think Rams at home will be the winner. I think Indy will pull starters with Denver because the game is now meaningless (NE locked up #2)
  • FTG
    • Aug 2004

we need to pull for the Rams tomorrow night too. We really need them to need that game for the playoffs.

Overall I like our chances.
    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• bills_7
      TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
      • Mar 2004

We could be in trouble if the rams lose tmw nite

Comment

• RAMS FAN
        Heres looking at ya
        • Aug 2003

I hope so guys now that Bulger is back. We have a chance.
        BDZ Member!!!

Comment

• FTG
          • Aug 2004

With Bulger back you guys should win tomorrow. I heard Mcnabb won't play? Is that true?
          Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• BSXIII
            Never trust a man wearing a sombrero
            • Apr 2004

I worry that Indy may let Denver win next weekend. They have the third seed locked up and will play the 6th seed in the wild card round. The Bills may be the hottest team in the AFC now, while the Broncos have been losing to the likes of Oakland and KC. I imagine Indy would much rather face Denver in the WC round then the Bills, and that's now in their control.
            I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by BSXIII
              I worry that Indy may let Denver win next weekend. They have the third seed locked up and will play the 6th seed in the wild card round. The Bills may be the hottest team in the AFC now, while the Broncos have been losing to the likes of Oakland and KC. I imagine Indy would much rather face Denver in the WC round then the Bills, and that's now in their control.
              Exactly. Indy would be crazy to come out and beat Denver. It could haunt them if we were to make the playoffs. Our defense matches up very well with their offense.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                Exactly. Indy would be crazy to come out and beat Denver. It could haunt them if we were to make the playoffs. Our defense matches up very well with their offense.
                Also remeber that since the Broncs need to win the have to show Indy their gameplan bc they cant afford to hold anything back
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Turf
                  • Jul 2002

Don't forget that Payton gets a chance to pad his stats and become untouchable. I don't think the Colts will lay down to Denver.
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

I don't see Indy "purposely" losing a game to avoid playing us. Yeah, we are on a hot streak but you don't tank a game for that reason. I think they may sit their starters, but that would be to protect them, not to avoid winning and playing the Bills imo.

Comment

• Jimbuktu
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                      I don't see Indy "purposely" losing a game to avoid playing us. Yeah, we are on a hot streak but you don't tank a game for that reason. I think they may sit their starters, but that would be to protect them, not to avoid winning and playing the Bills imo.
                      I agree...I can't imagine a team losing to another just for the opportunity to get the chance to play them in the playoffs...those kinds of things usually come back to haunt a team...I can see Indy playing at about a 75 percent level, just to stay well-oiled for the playoffs....that 75 percent may be just enough to beat the broncos, but that denver crowd will be raucous...

I think we have a better chance of St Louis knocking off the Jets...hopefully the NY media can really get under Pennington's skin this week and make him lose his mind...A Jet implosion at the end of a season isn't unheard of, and I think that may be in order when the JEts visit the Rams next week

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

So we would hold the tie-breaker of "Common Opponents Played" against the Jets right? (IF we win out and they lose out).

We both will end up with the same Division Record (3-3).

Their AFC record will be better than ours (theirs is 7-5 ours is 5-6 right now). Just curious... I've seen a lot of people saying we'd win by Conference Record but we cannot pass them...

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by BAM
                          So we would hold the tie-breaker of "Common Opponents Played" against the Jets right? (IF we win out and they lose out).

We both will end up with the same Division Record (3-3).

Their AFC record will be better than ours (theirs is 7-5 ours is 5-6 right now). Just curious... I've seen a lot of people saying we'd win by Conference Record but we cannot pass them...

Yeah, I was looking at the conference record as well and they have us beat.

What exactly is the deal if they lose next week and we win? Is it 100% for sure we get in and they don't??

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
                              If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs[/b]
                              1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
                              2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
                              3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
                              4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
                              5. Strength of victory.
                              6. Strength of schedule.
                              7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
                              8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
                              9. Best net points in common games.
                              10. Best net points in all games.
                              11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

[/b]
                              TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM
                              If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
                              1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
                              2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs
                              1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
                              2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
                              3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
                              4. Strength of victory.
                              5. Strength of schedule.
                              6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
                              7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
                              8. Best net points in conference games.
                              9. Best net points in all games.
                              10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
                              11. Coin toss.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
                              Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 12-26-2004, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X