PDA

View Full Version : Time to be a RAMS/COLTS fan!!!!!!

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2004, 06:07 PM
(assuming we beat Pitt, of course)

Rams win and we're in.

Colts win and we're in.

Of the two, I think Rams at home will be the winner. I think Indy will pull starters with Denver because the game is now meaningless (NE locked up #2)

FTG
12-26-2004, 06:09 PM
we need to pull for the Rams tomorrow night too. We really need them to need that game for the playoffs.

Overall I like our chances.

bills_7
12-26-2004, 06:11 PM
We could be in trouble if the rams lose tmw nite

RAMS FAN
12-26-2004, 06:12 PM
I hope so guys now that Bulger is back. We have a chance.

FTG
12-26-2004, 06:14 PM
With Bulger back you guys should win tomorrow. I heard Mcnabb won't play? Is that true?

BSXIII
12-26-2004, 06:15 PM
I worry that Indy may let Denver win next weekend. They have the third seed locked up and will play the 6th seed in the wild card round. The Bills may be the hottest team in the AFC now, while the Broncos have been losing to the likes of Oakland and KC. I imagine Indy would much rather face Denver in the WC round then the Bills, and that's now in their control.

ArcticWildMan
12-26-2004, 06:17 PM
I worry that Indy may let Denver win next weekend. They have the third seed locked up and will play the 6th seed in the wild card round. The Bills may be the hottest team in the AFC now, while the Broncos have been losing to the likes of Oakland and KC. I imagine Indy would much rather face Denver in the WC round then the Bills, and that's now in their control.

Exactly. Indy would be crazy to come out and beat Denver. It could haunt them if we were to make the playoffs. Our defense matches up very well with their offense.

DraftBoy
12-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Exactly. Indy would be crazy to come out and beat Denver. It could haunt them if we were to make the playoffs. Our defense matches up very well with their offense.

Also remeber that since the Broncs need to win the have to show Indy their gameplan bc they cant afford to hold anything back

Turf
12-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Don't forget that Payton gets a chance to pad his stats and become untouchable. I don't think the Colts will lay down to Denver.

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2004, 06:25 PM
I don't see Indy "purposely" losing a game to avoid playing us. Yeah, we are on a hot streak but you don't tank a game for that reason. I think they may sit their starters, but that would be to protect them, not to avoid winning and playing the Bills imo.

Jimbuktu
12-26-2004, 06:40 PM
I don't see Indy "purposely" losing a game to avoid playing us. Yeah, we are on a hot streak but you don't tank a game for that reason. I think they may sit their starters, but that would be to protect them, not to avoid winning and playing the Bills imo.

I agree...I can't imagine a team losing to another just for the opportunity to get the chance to play them in the playoffs...those kinds of things usually come back to haunt a team...I can see Indy playing at about a 75 percent level, just to stay well-oiled for the playoffs....that 75 percent may be just enough to beat the broncos, but that denver crowd will be raucous...

I think we have a better chance of St Louis knocking off the Jets...hopefully the NY media can really get under Pennington's skin this week and make him lose his mind...A Jet implosion at the end of a season isn't unheard of, and I think that may be in order when the JEts visit the Rams next week

BAM
12-26-2004, 06:46 PM
So we would hold the tie-breaker of "Common Opponents Played" against the Jets right? (IF we win out and they lose out).

We both will end up with the same Division Record (3-3).

Their AFC record will be better than ours (theirs is 7-5 ours is 5-6 right now). Just curious... I've seen a lot of people saying we'd win by Conference Record but we cannot pass them... :scratch:

ArcticWildMan
12-26-2004, 06:49 PM
So we would hold the tie-breaker of "Common Opponents Played" against the Jets right? (IF we win out and they lose out).

We both will end up with the same Division Record (3-3).

Their AFC record will be better than ours (theirs is 7-5 ours is 5-6 right now). Just curious... I've seen a lot of people saying we'd win by Conference Record but we cannot pass them... :scratch:

Yeah, I was looking at the conference record as well and they have us beat.

What exactly is the deal if they lose next week and we win? Is it 100% for sure we get in and they don't??

BAM
12-26-2004, 06:51 PM
:idunno:

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2004, 06:57 PM
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs[/b]
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.<!--Best net points in division games.-->
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

[/b]
TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM
If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4. Strength of victory.<!--Best net points in division games.Best average net points in conference games.-->
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.

http://www.nfl.com/news/981202ties.html

ArcticWildMan
12-26-2004, 07:00 PM
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.<!--Best net points in division games.-->
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM
If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4. Strength of victory.<!--Best net points in division games.Best average net points in conference games.-->
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.

http://www.nfl.com/news/981202ties.html

OK...so what does it mean if the Jets lose next week? :huh:

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2004, 07:03 PM
If we follow "Within the division" rules, then we have the TB over the Jets in common games. Reason being we will have beaten Pitt and they lost to Pitt.

If we follow "wild card tie" then I guess we lose since they have the better AFC record.

DarbyTheDinosaur
12-26-2004, 07:03 PM
If we beat PIT and NYJ lose to STL, it falls to common games...

Cincy - Both BUF and NYJ win
Miami - Both BUF and NYJ win (2x)
SF - Both BUF and NYJ win
Cleveland - Both BUF and NYJ win
Seattle - Both BUF and NYJ win
NE - Both BUF and NYJ lose (2x)
Baltimore - Both BUF and NYJ lose
Pittsburgh - BUF win, NYJ loss
St. Louis - BUF win, NYJ loss

Buffalo - 8-3
NYJ - 6-5

Buffalo grabs 6th seed....ah, too dream.

coywire27
12-26-2004, 07:13 PM
schedule of games next week
<HR style="COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Buffalo plays Pitt at 1PM and Jets play Rams at 1PM

Indy plays the Broncos at 3PM - talk about suspense!!!!

imbondz
12-26-2004, 07:17 PM

Buffalo - 8-3
NYJ - 6-5

that breakdown just turned me on

Cntrygal
12-26-2004, 08:23 PM

Buffalo - 8-3
NYJ - 6-5

Okay... This would be if we end up with the same record as the Jets. But does it mean that the Jets would be out????

Cntrygal
12-26-2004, 08:26 PM
So of course, next week....

we need to WIN...
We need the Jets to lose.
We need the Bronco's to lose.

Do we need Jax and Balt to lose out also? Or was their loss this week enough?

:scratch:

BAM
12-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Their losses put them both at 8-7. If we win next week they cannot catch us... We would be 10-6, they would be 9-7...

BillsMan80
12-26-2004, 10:48 PM
In my return to the boards, I have to post on this...and that is that Indy will not throw that game. No way no how. If they throw that game, they play a Broncos team that will have confidence back on their side after two straight wins, one a convincing win over a Tennessee team, and a 2nd, a win, albeit, a win that doesn't mean as much, but still a win over an opponent they are set to play one week later. The Colts are not going to throw the game, because then they would be letting a team they are going to be playing 1 week later beat them, and gain confidence. The Colts are going to go in there, play their starters for at least 3 Quarters and go into the playoffs with the big Mo on their side. If they lay down, and don't play, and then they come out rusty, the next week in the AFC Playoffs, there may not be an AFC Divisional Round for them. And when the early games are ending, they are playing their game anyway, so they won't really know what's going on with the earlier game. Indy is going to come out strong.

Zero
12-26-2004, 11:51 PM
Is Gonna have a field day with pennigton on monday....lets hope this elps to put more pressur on the the jets. THey've lost 2 games this month already, and shouldnt even in be in a position to fight for their playoff lives ( considering the way they started). Ill be praying hard they crumble...........:pray: (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

DarbyTheDinosaur
12-27-2004, 07:03 AM
Talk about a time to beat a Rams fan...

Bulger comes back tonight vs. Philthy. McNabb will prob. be minus 2 targets...TO and Todd Pinkston. If the Rams win, they head into the game against the Jets needing to win.

Rams will be 7-8 and play Jets at 1:00. If they win, the finish 8-8 and can snag division away from Seattle who does not play until 4:00. At least this way we are guaranteed that St.Louis will show up to play against the Jets. There will be no scoreboard watching for them during the Jets game...Just focusing on a win. Of course, this all depends on the outcome of tonight's game against Philthy. They need to win tonight or it is almost certain they tank the last week.

Colts V. Broncos is a bit more troubling...will Indy play their hearts out? Denver will (whatever little heart that may be) Hopefully, Jake the Snake falls back into his form against KC...they have the worst pass defense in the league...he threw 2 INT's. Indy has the second-worst pass defense in the league...can this equate to 2 INT's as well?

Either way...WE MUST BEAT PITTSBURGH!!!

And we will...and everything will fall into place for us. I am confident...Keep The Faith.

DarbyTheDinosaur
12-27-2004, 07:31 AM
Is Gonna have a field day with pennigton on monday....lets hope this elps to put more pressur on the the jets. THey've lost 2 games this month already, and shouldnt even in be in a position to fight for their playoff lives ( considering the way they started). Ill be praying hard they crumble...........:pray: (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)
take a look...

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/265804p-227604c.html

http://www.newyorkpost.com/sports/jets/37214.htm