PDA

View Full Version : Rams HAVE to win against Philly tonight

BillsOverDolphins
12-26-2004, 06:11 PM
Thankfully, the Eagles don't NEED this game, but the rams may still find a way to mess it up. If STL wins then the Dome will be rockin' next week!

Go Rams! :pray:

RAMS FAN
12-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Hey we need this win and beat the Jets next week.

Turf
12-26-2004, 06:21 PM
So the Rams still have chance if they win?
Great, now I've got something to root for tomorrow.
Go Rams!

BAM
12-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Yep. Go RAMS! RamsFan, you get endless pos rep if they pull it off! :jam: :pray:

RAMS FAN
12-27-2004, 07:08 AM
LETS GO RAMS

OpIv37
12-27-2004, 07:20 AM
Hey we need this win and beat the Jets next week.

Good luck- we're pulling for you for the next two weeks

casdhf
12-27-2004, 07:48 AM
Can't they still lose and have a chance next week?

BleedinGreenNC
12-27-2004, 08:12 AM
LETS GO RAMS LOL!!!!

Jan Reimers
12-27-2004, 08:18 AM
I don't think it matters a whole lot whether a team has something to play for or not. Does anyone really expect the Steelers to lay down against us, just because they have clinched the 1st seed?

Even if the Rams lose tonight, I expect they'll be trying like Hell to be a "spoiler" in front of their home fans against the Jets.

(And look at how the Jags, Ravens and Jets performed in their "must win" games yesterday.)

Halbert
12-27-2004, 08:20 AM
The second best reason to try to win a game with playoff implications is to keep your opponent out of the playoffs when your team already has no chance.

Even if the Rams lose today they'll have plenty of incentive to give it their best in their last home game of the season. In fact, it might make them more relaxed and tougher to beat.

ryjam282
12-27-2004, 08:24 AM
Not to mention I need Torry "Big Game" Holt to have a good day. I need 16 points out of him tonite for a trip to my Fantasy League Super Bowl...Let's go Rams, Let's GO!!!!!!

DarbyTheDinosaur
12-27-2004, 08:25 AM
We must beat Pittsburgh!

We must beat Pittsburgh!

Do not look past Pittsburgh!

We must beat Pittsburgh!

We must beat Pittsburgh!

Jan Reimers
12-27-2004, 08:26 AM
No game is meaningless in the NFL, anyway. Besides pride and professionalism, players are often playing for jobs next year, or bigger contracts, or to meet contractual incentives, or to grab the brass ring in free agency.

Kenny
12-27-2004, 03:16 PM
I don't think it matters a whole lot whether a team has something to play for or not. Does anyone really expect the Steelers to lay down against us, just because they have clinched the 1st seed?

Even if the Rams lose tonight, I expect they'll be trying like Hell to be a "spoiler" in front of their home fans against the Jets.

(And look at how the Jags, Ravens and Jets performed in their "must win" games yesterday.)
But the Steelers are a good team... have been from the beginning of the season.

The Rams on the otherhand, are a team that's playing like it's one of the worst in the league. If they lose tonight, I suspect they'll keep playing that way against the Jets.

But if they have a reason to win next week (by beating the iggles today), we might be seeing all that talent on that team actually amount to something.

helmetguy
12-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Just don't let anyone tell Martz that he's helping our playoff chances. As pissed as he was a month ago, he might tank it just to spite us.

CAbills
12-27-2004, 03:38 PM
Thankfully, the Eagles don't NEED this game, but the rams may still find a way to mess it up. If STL wins then the Dome will be rockin' next week!

Go Rams! :pray:

They may not have anothing to play for. I am sure though they are gonna want to win and win by alot to prove they can still do it without T.O.

Go rams! :nervous:

BillsOwnAll
12-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Whose the rams got the tiebreaker over saints or panthers? who would they need to win to make the playoffs saying they win out.

RaginBuc
12-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Both the Saints and the Panthers have the tiebraker over the Rams. For the Rams to make the play offs, they would have to win there division. Which would go like this

Win over Philedelphia
Win over New York Jets
Seatltle loss to Atlanta

Then that would make the NFC Wildcards the Seahawks and the Vikings.
Even if they lose tonight, expect them to play thier asses off Next Sunday solely so the rest of the world can watch Chad get ripped a new ******* by the New York Media.

Hell, I would.

RAMS FAN
12-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Here we go RAMS

Michael82
12-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Pos Rep to RAMS FAN and any other Rams fan here. :up:

:dance: :hail:Rams

Halbert
12-28-2004, 05:24 PM
Nice job, Rams.

I don't care that Philly played fourth stringers and members of the halftime band.

Now you just need to take care of business at home to get into the post season. Forget about our needs, we just want you to succeed for your own sake.

Because you're good enough, and smart enough, and dog gone it, people just like you.