PDA

View Full Version : Steve Christie

zone
12-26-2004, 06:42 PM
After watching Christie kick 5 field goals and have a couple of nice tackles it makes me wonder what we were thinking!

G. Host
12-26-2004, 06:49 PM
He was injured before opener and rather than waiting for a couple of weeks for him to heal Donahoe tried to pull a fast one and bring him back later in season. Not a good decision in retrospect. 5/5 + extra point for Christie today although Lindell did not do too bad with 2/2 + 5 extra points and some decent kickoffs.

ArcticWildMan
12-26-2004, 06:58 PM
Not having Christie stay with us may have cost us a playoff spot this season.

Lindell cost us 1 (and possibly a second...not sure) game this year with his lack of accuracy in FG's.

I'll be crying if it come down to a missed field goal. :wail:

Michael82
12-26-2004, 08:51 PM

Lindell cost us 1 (and possibly a second...not sure) game this year with his lack of accuracy in FG's.

He did??? That's news to me.

Dozerdog
12-26-2004, 09:02 PM

What games did he blow?

DaBills
12-26-2004, 09:10 PM
It was windy from what they were saying today, so that might excuse things, but Lindell was not putting them down the center today. Bigger issue for me is the kickoffs. While no one can hope for touchbacks every time, it would be nice for opponents to be receiving them 10+ farther back instead of around the 20-25 yard line.

Our ST coverage could really pin teams if they had that extra yardgae to work with.

G. Host
12-26-2004, 09:12 PM
He was putting balls into red zone today.

Dozerdog
12-26-2004, 09:37 PM

Lindell is 21/24 - Missing two in easy victories (One Miss hit a wall of wind in the Miami game). The third miss was a long distance kick vs Jax- but if you are going to hang that loss on Lindell you're nuts. Blame a holding call when McGahee had a 1st down on the Jax 20 at the 2 minute warning, and 3 4th down conversions in the final Jaguar drive.

Christie is 22-28 for the Giants, Including an 0/3 day (two from 30-39 yds out) vs the Pack. 2 weeks week before he went 2/4 vs the Skins.

Time to let go of the past people.

Michael82
12-26-2004, 09:43 PM
It was windy from what they were saying today, so that might excuse things, but Lindell was not putting them down the center today. Bigger issue for me is the kickoffs. While no one can hope for touchbacks every time, it would be nice for opponents to be receiving them 10+ farther back instead of around the 20-25 yard line.

Our ST coverage could really pin teams if they had that extra yardgae to work with.
Are you watching the games? He has constantly been kicking off within the 10-yard line this year and the special teams cover team has benefited for that. Christie is not that good on kickoffs. I saw it today.

dannyek71
12-26-2004, 10:07 PM
As I remember it, Christie's leg was really starting to go fast when we got rid of him. Plus we were in salary cap jail and needed to free up all the $$$ that we could.........I could be wrong

Typ0
12-26-2004, 10:17 PM
This thread is kinda funny.

Jan Reimers
12-27-2004, 08:08 AM
Christie is no better on long FGs than Lindell, and no more accurate on shorter ones. Lindell is probably better on KOs. Why is there always a problem with our current personnel? Lindell is having a nice season.

DarbyTheDinosaur
12-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Steve Christie

Longest Field Goal - 59 yards
Career XP percentage - 99%
Career Field Goal Percentage - 78%
Career Field Goal Percentage (1-19 yards) - 100%
Career Field Goal Percentage (20-29 yards) - 94%
Career Field Goal Percentage (30-39 yards) - 79%
Career Field Goal Percentage (40-49 yards) - 67%
Career Field Goal Percentage (50+ yards) - 53%

37 years old
195 pounds
750,000 base salary
-------------------------------------------------------
VS.
-------------------------------------------------------
Rian Lindell

Longest Field Goal - 54 yards
Career XP percentage - 100%
Career Field Goal Percentage - 77%
Career Field Goal Percentage (1-19 yards) - 100%
Career Field Goal Percentage (20-29 yards) - 94%
Career Field Goal Percentage (30-39 yards) - 86%
Career Field Goal Percentage (40-49 yards) - 57%
Career Field Goal Percentage (50+ yards) - 50%

27 years old
235 pounds
900,000 base salary
---------------------------------------------------------------

You can see that they are essentially the same kicker as far as percentages go. However, Lindell offers two distinct advantages...age and size. This may translate to Lindell being less likely to get hurt than Christie. Nothing worse than shopping around for a kicker late in the season because of an injury.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 02:29 PM
This thread needs to be born again for all the Lindell supporters out there. :mad:

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Fresh crow being served....

He did??? That's news to me.

What games did he blow?

Lindell is 21/24 - Missing two in easy victories (One Miss hit a wall of wind in the Miami game). The third miss was a long distance kick vs Jax- but if you are going to hang that loss on Lindell you're nuts. Blame a holding call when McGahee had a 1st down on the Jax 20 at the 2 minute warning, and 3 4th down conversions in the final Jaguar drive.

Christie is 22-28 for the Giants, Including an 0/3 day (two from 30-39 yds out) vs the Pack. 2 weeks week before he went 2/4 vs the Skins.

Time to let go of the past people.

Christie is no better on long FGs than Lindell, and no more accurate on shorter ones. Lindell is probably better on KOs. Why is there always a problem with our current personnel? Lindell is having a nice season.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 07:16 PM
This is too good to let die......