• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

Steve Christie

After watching Christie kick 5 field goals and have a couple of nice tackles it makes me wonder what we were thinking!
    www.blzbus.com
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

He was injured before opener and rather than waiting for a couple of weeks for him to heal Donahoe tried to pull a fast one and bring him back later in season. Not a good decision in retrospect. 5/5 + extra point for Christie today although Lindell did not do too bad with 2/2 + 5 extra points and some decent kickoffs.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Not having Christie stay with us may have cost us a playoff spot this season.

Lindell cost us 1 (and possibly a second...not sure) game this year with his lack of accuracy in FG's.

I'll be crying if it come down to a missed field goal.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan

Lindell cost us 1 (and possibly a second...not sure) game this year with his lack of accuracy in FG's.

He did??? That's news to me.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

What games did he blow?

Comment

• DaBills
            • Sep 2004

It was windy from what they were saying today, so that might excuse things, but Lindell was not putting them down the center today. Bigger issue for me is the kickoffs. While no one can hope for touchbacks every time, it would be nice for opponents to be receiving them 10+ farther back instead of around the 20-25 yard line.

Our ST coverage could really pin teams if they had that extra yardgae to work with.
            “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• G. Host
              Banned
              • Jul 2002

He was putting balls into red zone today.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Lindell is 21/24 - Missing two in easy victories (One Miss hit a wall of wind in the Miami game). The third miss was a long distance kick vs Jax- but if you are going to hang that loss on Lindell you're nuts. Blame a holding call when McGahee had a 1st down on the Jax 20 at the 2 minute warning, and 3 4th down conversions in the final Jaguar drive.

Christie is 22-28 for the Giants, Including an 0/3 day (two from 30-39 yds out) vs the Pack. 2 weeks week before he went 2/4 vs the Skins.

Time to let go of the past people.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBills
                  It was windy from what they were saying today, so that might excuse things, but Lindell was not putting them down the center today. Bigger issue for me is the kickoffs. While no one can hope for touchbacks every time, it would be nice for opponents to be receiving them 10+ farther back instead of around the 20-25 yard line.

Our ST coverage could really pin teams if they had that extra yardgae to work with.
                  Are you watching the games? He has constantly been kicking off within the 10-yard line this year and the special teams cover team has benefited for that. Christie is not that good on kickoffs. I saw it today.

Comment

• dannyek71
                    Drink Responsibly
                    • Dec 2004

As I remember it, Christie's leg was really starting to go fast when we got rid of him. Plus we were in salary cap jail and needed to free up all the $$$ that we could.........I could be wrong
                    [

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

This thread is kinda funny.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Christie is no better on long FGs than Lindell, and no more accurate on shorter ones. Lindell is probably better on KOs. Why is there always a problem with our current personnel? Lindell is having a nice season.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DarbyTheDinosaur
                          • Dec 2004

Kicker Comparison

Steve Christie

Longest Field Goal - 59 yards
                          Career XP percentage - 99%
                          Career Field Goal Percentage - 78%
                          Career Field Goal Percentage (1-19 yards) - 100%
                          Career Field Goal Percentage (20-29 yards) - 94%
                          Career Field Goal Percentage (30-39 yards) - 79%
                          Career Field Goal Percentage (40-49 yards) - 67%
                          Career Field Goal Percentage (50+ yards) - 53%

37 years old
                          195 pounds
                          750,000 base salary
                          -------------------------------------------------------
                          VS.
                          -------------------------------------------------------
                          Rian Lindell

Longest Field Goal - 54 yards
                          Career XP percentage - 100%
                          Career Field Goal Percentage - 77%
                          Career Field Goal Percentage (1-19 yards) - 100%
                          Career Field Goal Percentage (20-29 yards) - 94%
                          Career Field Goal Percentage (30-39 yards) - 86%
                          Career Field Goal Percentage (40-49 yards) - 57%
                          Career Field Goal Percentage (50+ yards) - 50%

27 years old
                          235 pounds
                          900,000 base salary
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------

You can see that they are essentially the same kicker as far as percentages go. However, Lindell offers two distinct advantages...age and size. This may translate to Lindell being less likely to get hurt than Christie. Nothing worse than shopping around for a kicker late in the season because of an injury.
                          You people are depressing me...try this out so my doctor can take me off my meds!!!

op·ti·mism

1.a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

2.the belief that goodness pervades reality.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

This thread needs to be born again for all the Lindell supporters out there.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Fresh Crow here

Fresh crow being served....

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              He did??? That's news to me.
                              Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              What games did he blow?
                              Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              Lindell is 21/24 - Missing two in easy victories (One Miss hit a wall of wind in the Miami game). The third miss was a long distance kick vs Jax- but if you are going to hang that loss on Lindell you're nuts. Blame a holding call when McGahee had a 1st down on the Jax 20 at the 2 minute warning, and 3 4th down conversions in the final Jaguar drive.

Christie is 22-28 for the Giants, Including an 0/3 day (two from 30-39 yds out) vs the Pack. 2 weeks week before he went 2/4 vs the Skins.

Time to let go of the past people.
                              Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              Christie is no better on long FGs than Lindell, and no more accurate on shorter ones. Lindell is probably better on KOs. Why is there always a problem with our current personnel? Lindell is having a nice season.

Comment

Working...
                              X