PDA

View Full Version : Does Shaud replace Henry as the #2?

DaBills
12-26-2004, 08:50 PM
It's only a few games, and I want to see him against a stout run D to judge further, but this guy makes some moves to the outside today like McGhee out there. Small and quick. Is it too early to think he may be playing himself into a #2 spot?

(I know we have Joe Burns as receiver out of the backfield, but JB seems more 1-dimensional in his running style.)

And if Shaud keeps this up, is Henry even here next year?

STAMPY
12-26-2004, 09:01 PM
you're crazy if we can't get anything for travis. we should keep him. travis had 3 straight 1300 plus years. if he'd accept back up role, we should keep him

DaBills
12-26-2004, 09:05 PM
you're crazy if we can't get anything for travis. we should keep him. travis had 3 straight 1300 plus years. if he'd accept back up role, we should keep him

I'm not saying give the guy away. Obviously we get what we can. What I'm asking is, is Shaud good enough to replace him sooner rather than later?

Good point though. What do we try and get for Henry? Needs: I say a DE, then help in the secondary, then a kicker.

Dozerdog
12-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Shaud is a decent role player- might develop a niche down the line. But he's not going to get 2 -3 tough yards with 8 in the box.

If you can't get a day 1 pick from Henry, keep him. You will get more value getting 1 year as a backup and the compensatory pick when he signs elsewhere.

mybills
12-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Man, I've been a strong supporter of Henry throughout the whole McGahee ordeal...

But there's just something about Saud that reminds me of both of them. So whether we trade Henry or Williams, somebody's getting somebody good, and we're keeping somebody good! :up:

mybills
12-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Shaud is a decent role player- might develop a niche down the line. But he's not going to get 2 -3 tough yards with 8 in the box.

That's where I disagree.