PDA

View Full Version : Questions for those who travel to the games-

OpIv37
12-26-2004, 09:36 PM
1. Will there be a BZ tailgate party? If so, where and what time does it start?

2. Any reccommendations on where to stay? Specific hotels or general areas- anything will help.

3. We'll probably be renting a car- any reccomendations on where to park? How much should I plan on spending?

I haven't been to a game at the Ralph in about 4 years so I'm out of touch on these things- thanks for the assistance.

dannyek71
12-26-2004, 10:04 PM

2. Any reccommendations on where to stay? Specific hotels or general areas- anything will help.

3. We'll probably be renting a car- any reccomendations on where to park? How much should I plan on spending?

I haven't been to a game at the Ralph in about 4 years so I'm out of touch on these things- thanks for the assistance.
Dont have to worry about 2 or 3 if you have a 2nd ticket to give away...:clap:

As far as parking though, id plan on parking as close to the stadium as possible. The closer you are, the more fun it seems to be. Although getting out after the game is tougher then. Just my 2 cents....

Enjoy the game, and be extra loud of the fans who cant be there...:clap:

OpIv37
12-26-2004, 10:08 PM
Dont have to worry about 2 or 3 if you have a 2nd ticket to give away...:clap:

As far as parking though, id plan on parking as close to the stadium as possible. The closer you are, the more fun it seems to be. Although getting out after the game is tougher then. Just my 2 cents....

Enjoy the game, and be extra loud of the fans who cant be there...:clap:

Thanks- will do.

If my wife gets sick or chickens out because of the weather, I'll keep you in mind though. I don't know how the hell she got the tickets in the first place (neg rep to the first pervert who makes a joke about that last statement).

Dozerdog
12-26-2004, 10:14 PM

Plenty of hotels in different budget ranges

Park in the lot, it's $15 (Cheaper than league average)

Mikey, Ally, Helmetguy and Phil (as well as others) tailgate in lot 1. Ask them for details.

The_Philster
12-27-2004, 04:53 AM
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10006/normal_billszone-tailgate-map.jpg
Just look for the Helmet Crew along Drive 1 :up:

The King
12-27-2004, 05:52 AM
I will be going down as well. We should book the same hotel Op. I did want to go out that sturday before any zoners want to meet up?

clumping platelets
12-27-2004, 06:41 AM
Buffalo Brew Pub :D

OpIv37
12-27-2004, 06:51 AM
I will be going down as well. We should book the same hotel Op. I did want to go out that sturday before any zoners want to meet up?
We used priceline and got a steal at the Hyatt Regency, so that's where we'll be.

What's at the Buffalo Brew Pub, other than beer and chicken wings?

OpIv37
12-27-2004, 06:54 AM
Just look for the Helmet Crew along Drive 1 :up:

is that where most of the people I met in Baltimore hang out?

G. Host
12-27-2004, 07:34 AM

My Buffalo resouces:
http://members.cox.net/billswatch/buffalo/index.html

I have hotel and other info there. I park at Hammer's but your choice wlll be determined by a number of things including who you are meeting, how much you mind walking and how much stuff you have.

Parking will cost between $15 (lots on Ralph and major parking areas next to it) to $5. Official lots do not open until 9 AM. I tend to look for a place pointed in direction and side I am planning on going because you can often not make a left turn.

OpIv37
12-27-2004, 07:44 AM
My Buffalo resouces:
http://members.cox.net/billswatch/buffalo/index.html

I have hotel and other info there. I park at Hammer's but your choice wlll be determined by a number of things including who you are meeting, how much you mind walking and how much stuff you have.

Parking will cost between $15 (lots on Ralph and major parking areas next to it) to $5. Official lots do not open until 9 AM. I tend to look for a place pointed in direction and side I am planning on going because you can often not make a left turn.

damn, parking is cheap in NY. It's $25 for Redskins parking, and greedy Dan Snyder doesn't allow people to park off-site. Good stuff, Glenn

We're headed directly to the airport after the game- any suggestions as to which side of the stadium will be best?

G. Host
12-27-2004, 08:11 AM
North side of Stadium. Make sure you have a map if you are unfamiliar with area. Park near Abbott north of Southwestern on right side. Alternately park on California if you are planning on taking Southwestern to Union or Transit before turning towards airport. Thruway will probably be jammed with people going East.

Hopefully someone who is still living locally can tell you a lot to park in and more info on driving patterns.

OpIv37
12-27-2004, 08:22 AM
thanks again, Glenn- does anyone know if there's a way to get to the airport without taking 90 E? We'll have 2-3 hours to get there, so it shouldn't be a huge issue, but there's no point in sitting in thruway traffic if there is a back way.

clumping platelets
12-27-2004, 08:29 AM
thanks again, Glenn- does anyone know if there's a way to get to the airport without taking 90 E? We'll have 2-3 hours to get there, so it shouldn't be a huge issue, but there's no point in sitting in thruway traffic if there is a back way.

Take Southwestern Blvd (Rt 20) east (or it could be north). Rt 20 near the stadium is called Southwestern Blvd but it later becomes Transit Rd in West Seneca. Take Transit Rd north to Genessee Blvd. make left and it takes you to the airport

Michael82
12-27-2004, 08:29 AM
You want to park with us....I'll be there, Phil, helmetguy, Sabre Ally, mush69, cordog, Voltron, Dozer, Clump, and Eb, and others...

It's a great time. We will be doing a mini Chili cookoff and if Pride and BAM want to...we can have all the Zoners over on our side of the stadium. It's on the same side as the Fieldhouse. I can give you my cell or Phil's if you want to meet us there. Phil is always there EARLY....unless he has another ulcer again. :snicker: :jk: :calm:

OpIv37
12-27-2004, 08:34 AM
You want to park with us....I'll be there, Phil, helmetguy, Sabre Ally, mush69, cordog, Voltron, Dozer, Clump, and Eb, and others...

It's a great time. We will be doing a mini Chili cookoff and if Pride and BAM want to...we can have all the Zoners over on our side of the stadium. It's on the same side as the Fieldhouse. I can give you my cell or Phil's if you want to meet us there. Phil is always there EARLY....unless he has another ulcer again. :snicker: :jk: :calm:
"Your side of the stadium"? Did Ralph give you a lease?

Anyway it would be great to hang out. I know my wife won't want to get there too early because of the weather but PM me your phone numbers and I'll find you guys.

mush69
12-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Well Op, as Dozer has stated we "the helmet crew" Phil, Helmet guy, Mikey90210, Ally, Cordog, and I all park in Drive 1 right along the pedestrian walkway. I and others usually get there right before 9am and get in line to get into the lot. It is real easy to get into off of Rt 219 take the Big tree rd exit (Rt 20a). We have the field house right there and usually go in and see what is new. We all bring some food to share with others, and of course cupious amounts of :beer:

Get there early enough and you can have a chat with Sam Wyche he usually walks right by our tailgate when going to work that morning. Dozer parks on the other side because its easier for him to leave as well as some others. Look forward to seeing ya!

The King
12-27-2004, 08:43 AM
Op do you have the link to the hotel?

G. Host
12-27-2004, 08:57 AM
Take Southwestern Blvd (Rt 20) east (or it could be north). Rt 20 near the stadium is called Southwestern Blvd but it later becomes Transit Rd in West Seneca. Take Transit Rd north to Genessee Blvd. make left and it takes you to the airport

Map showing two routes - Transit and Union in dark red

I like Union for just before you turn towards airport there is an Arby's and I get a 5 for $5.99 roast beef sandwich for airport/plane.

OpIv37
12-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Map showing two routes - Transit and Union in dark red

I like Union for just before you turn towards airport there is an Arby's and I get a 5 for $5.99 roast beef sandwich for airport/plane.

I'll take the driving advice but pass on the roast beef- five Arby's sandwiches is a little too much for me.

The_Philster
12-27-2004, 03:29 PM
is that where most of the people I met in Baltimore hang out?
yep...and like you see on the map, Kenny will be right nearby as well :up: