PDA

View Full Version : Will the Bills make the Playoffs?

Tatonka
12-26-2004, 10:57 PM
obviously what needs to happen is:

1. Buffalo has to beat Pittsburg - pitt might be without big ben as well as some other key players, due to the fact that they have homefield throughout the playoffs wrapped up. not really the way i would like it to go down, but the bills will play whoever they put on the field.

then we need one of the following to occur...

a. The Jets have to lose to St. Louis in St. Louis next sunday. St. Louis needs to win on monday night to still be alive. If they beat Philly tomorrow night, then their final game will be for the playoffs as well, possibly..

OR

b. The Broncos have to lose to an Indy team that is playing for nothing, as they can not move up or down in the playoff standings and Peyton has already broke the record...

i am not very optimistic about the jets or broncos losing, but i will hold my breath.. i was really hoping san diego would win today, so indy would have something to play for. i do think the bills will beat pitt.

i am just wondering how everyone else feels.

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2004, 11:03 PM
There are a few threads on this already, but I'll chime in again....

My feeling is that our best shot is St. Louis beating the Jets.

It will be in St. Louis, and they are at their best there. In addition Bulger is back (we'll see how he does tomorrow night) However, even if they don't beat the Eagles, I still think the chances of the Rams beating the Jets at home is better than Indy beating the Broncos in Denver. It will be cold and Denver will be playing for their lives, and even though Indy will play tough I don't see them risking starters for very long.

ScottLawrence
12-27-2004, 12:56 AM

It will be in St. Louis, and they are at their best there. In addition Bulger is back (we'll see how he does tomorrow night) However, even if they don't beat the Eagles, I still think the chances of the Rams beating the Jets at home is better than Indy beating the Broncos in Denver. It will be cold and Denver will be playing for their lives, and even though Indy will play tough I don't see them risking starters for very long.

Even without there starters playing for "very long", I assume they will play for the first half and only the first half.

Lets say Manning and the Colts take a solid lead going into half, something like 17-7(as I think the Colts would easily take the Broncos if there starters played the entire game).....The Colts could just control the clock and hand the ball off to there second string running back in Dominque Rhodes, who in 2001, ran for over 1,000 yards in reserve for James.

I like our chances in both game.

Kenny
12-27-2004, 01:04 AM

Agreed with you 100%

I know it was just the lowly Titans, but the Broncs and especially Plummer really took charge that game... they actually looked pretty damn good.

The Colts on the other hand, really dont have much to play for, and I'd be really surprised if their starters play in the second half.
There's been an argument, that the Colts will go all out and try and beat the Broncos so that they'll have momentum in the playoffs and against the Broncos in the wildcard... but that doesnt hold for me:

a) I truly believe that Indy would rather play the Broncos rather than the Bills in the playoffs
b) If they do go all out against the Broncos, they risk injuring one of their star players in a meaningless game. Even if they go all out, and win the game, IF a star player goes down, they're screwed in the playoffs. So their choices would be to win and risk injury and hurt their playoff chances, or possibly lose the game and lose some momentum... IMO I'd take the later any day of the week.

With regards to the Rams vs Jets... it's a longshot, but we better pray to God that somehow... just somehow, the Rams beat the iggles tomorrow. If the Rams lose, sure they can play the role of spoiler, but I have a feeling they'll just be the sorry sad team they've been most of this season. If they win however, we'll be seeing a team possessed... a team bent on making the playoffs.
IMO, this scenario is our only hope.

Jan Reimers
12-27-2004, 08:34 AM
The Jets will implode one more time, and the New York media will tar and feather Chad Pennington.

Tatonka
12-27-2004, 08:49 AM
i hope i am so wrong, and one of those two teams blows it..

OpIv37
12-27-2004, 08:51 AM
The Jets will implode one more time, and the New York media will tar and feather Chad Pennington.
that would just be the icing on the cake for this season's miraculous turnaround.

OpIv37
12-27-2004, 08:52 AM
btw why am I the only one who thinks we could LOSE to a 14-1 team?

Cntrygal
12-27-2004, 08:57 AM
i hope i am so wrong, and one of those two teams blows it..

I hope it's the jets, since a guy at work told me that there was NO possible way they could lose out (a couple weeks ago) and that there was NO chance of them dropping out of the PO's.

:evil:

Cntrygal
12-27-2004, 08:58 AM
btw why am I the only one who thinks we could LOSE to a 14-1 team?

We COULD lose.... BUT they COULD lose to us.

OpIv37
12-27-2004, 09:01 AM
We COULD lose.... BUT they COULD lose to us.

I'm just saying it's going to be a tough game. I'm spending a small fortune to get up to the game, so obviously I think we have a shot at it, but it will be no small feat to beat the steelers.

Also, i wanna rumble with some Steelers fans (but only if R. Rich is nearby).

BillsFanInMass
12-27-2004, 09:10 AM
I think we would beat the Steelers with there starters in im kinda pissed they wont be my wife is a Steelers fan. Its in Buffalo and the freakin Giants almost beat them . They didnt look that good to me.

DarbyTheDinosaur
12-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Good News from the Indianapolis Star:

Dungy: Regulars to play vs. Denver
Don't look for any of Indianapolis' healthy regulars to get the day off when the Colts (12-3) close the regular season Sunday at Denver (9-6).

The Colts are the AFC's No. 3 playoff seed, and their status will not change, win or lose, but coach Tony Dungy believes that for a team to practice hard and stay sharp going into the playoffs, its starters must play.

"What we'll do is we'll determine how long our first group is going to play, but they'll all play," he said. "We'll practice like they're going to play. We'll play the game for however long we decide like a playoff game.

"We'll try to keep that rhythm and then we'll substitute from there."

Denver's position couldn't be more different. The Broncos are fighting to get into the playoffs, and a victory over the Colts could well result in a wild-card rematch between the teams.

-- Phil Richards

DarbyTheDinosaur
12-27-2004, 10:08 AM
Upon further review:

Hoping for the St. Blewis Rams to beat Philthy and then the Jets will be quite an uphill fight...of the Rams' 6 victories this season---> two against SF (by only 10 points in each!), one against arizona (by 7 points!), one against TB when the Bucs were god-awful, and two against Seattle (who got their clocks cleaned by the Jets). LOSSES--> blown out by ATL, MIA, NE, GB, BUF, and Arizona!

But, hey...Bulger comes back, it's MNF, it's @ STL, McNabb may not play much, next week is @STL, two wins by STL puts them at 8-8 with the pressure on SEA to win at 4:00 to get the division...GO RAMS! GO RAMS! GO RAMS!

We have to beat the Steelers!
We have to beat the Steelers!

Keep The Faith and BILLieve!