• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daquixxers
    Veteran Zoner
    • Dec 2004

Exact quote from Tony Dungi

Colts coach Tony Dungy was asked after his team's 34-31 overtime win against the Chargers how much his regulars will play against the Broncos.

"I think people make the mistake sometime of saying, 'We're not going to play these guys and this guy isn't going to play.' I think you lose a little sharpness because you don't practice," Dungy said. "We'll determine how long our first group is going to play, but they'll all play.

"They'll practice like they're going to play. They'll play for however long we decide, like they're playing a playoff game. We'll try to keep that rhythm, and then we'll substitute from there. But we're not going to go into it saying we'll have 20 guys who aren't going to play."
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

I now officially love Tony Dungy.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• John Doe
      Florida Man
      • Jul 2002

It really does not sound that encouraging. I would feel better if he would have said that they were going to play for a win, not just to stay sharp.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Doe
        It really does not sound that encouraging. I would feel better if he would have said that they were going to play for a win, not just to stay sharp.

He actually did say that in his press conference from what I saw this afternooon on Monday Morning Quarterback on ESPN News.
        You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• fabolouspaul
          • Oct 2002

If the Colts decide to play their starters, we'll have 2 decent shots at the Jets or Broncos losing 1.
          LA needs a football team so that I can watch a Bills game live.

Comment

Working...
          X