PDA

View Full Version : Exact quote from Tony Dungi

daquixxers
12-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Colts coach Tony Dungy was asked after his team's 34-31 overtime win against the Chargers how much his regulars will play against the Broncos.

"I think people make the mistake sometime of saying, 'We're not going to play these guys and this guy isn't going to play.' I think you lose a little sharpness because you don't practice," Dungy said. "We'll determine how long our first group is going to play, but they'll all play.

"They'll practice like they're going to play. They'll play for however long we decide, like they're playing a playoff game. We'll try to keep that rhythm, and then we'll substitute from there. But we're not going to go into it saying we'll have 20 guys who aren't going to play."

Devin
12-27-2004, 03:17 PM
I now officially love Tony Dungy.

John Doe
12-27-2004, 03:52 PM
It really does not sound that encouraging. I would feel better if he would have said that they were going to play for a win, not just to stay sharp.

ScottLawrence
12-27-2004, 04:05 PM
It really does not sound that encouraging. I would feel better if he would have said that they were going to play for a win, not just to stay sharp.

He actually did say that in his press conference from what I saw this afternooon on Monday Morning Quarterback on ESPN News.

fabolouspaul
12-27-2004, 04:20 PM
If the Colts decide to play their starters, we'll have 2 decent shots at the Jets or Broncos losing 1.