X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris Yandek
    • Sep 2004

Marv Levy Interview

Chris Yandek had the opportunity to do a biographical interview with legendary Marv Levy to talk about his new book Where Else Would You Rather Be, entire coaching career with the University of California, University of Mexico, and William & Mary. His time under his mentor George Allen with the Washington Redskins in the early 1970's, coaching against the Miami Dolphins in Super Bowl 7, his mentor George Allen, his time in Buffalo, being put into the Pro Football of Fame, facing Don Shula, and so much more in an interview with a legend.

You can read and listen to the interview at http://www.thesportsinterview.com

All feedback from Buffalo Bills fans is appreciated
  • daquixxers
    Veteran Zoner
    • Dec 2004

great

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

Interview with Marv Levy

Decent reading.

Legendary NFL and College coach Marv Levy

Marv Levy known for his 12 years as head coach of the Buffalo Bills from 1986-1997 is one of the most legendary coaches of our time. He ended up coaching in college in the early 1960's with the University of New Mexico, University of California, and William & Mary. In 1969 he ended up with his first NFL job with the Philadelphia Eagles a special teams coach. He then ended up with the Los Angeles Rams in 1970 under a man he admired a lot George Allen. For the 1971-1972 seasons he ended up the Washington Redskins under George Allen again. He ended up with a head coaching position with the Montreal Alouttes in the Canadian Football League. From 1978-1982 he was the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs and helped improve that team every year, but it wasn't enough to keep his job. Four years later he came in during the middle of the 1986 NFL Season and took over the Buffalo Bills for the next 12 years. He ended up leading the Buffalo Bills to four straight Super Bowls, which were 25-28. In 2001 he was inducted into the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame. A man with a degree from Harvard University and once more with his book Where Else Would You Rather Be that is the biography of his coaching life.......MORE
      Last edited by Dozerdog; 12-27-2004, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I merged the threads....and shortened G Host's version from the whole article to a sample with a link.

Sorry- but we can't post the whole thing.

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

That is some of the worst writing I have ever seen - ever sentence, "he ended up . . . "

Comment

• Chris Yandek
            • Sep 2004

Thanks.

Hi Eds. It is just a biography, but I was doing my best on the biography. The interview is what makes the story and you can check out my site www.thesportsinterview.com to read and listen to the interview with Marv Levy. I also did one with Lee Evans earlier in the year if you want to check it out. I do appreciate the criticism.

Take Care,

Chris Yandek

Comment

• Chris Yandek
              • Sep 2004

Thanks

Thank you all again who took time to read the interview.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

I met Marv last week...he asked me about bufftp.

Comment

Working...
                X