PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say it......

Kolbiss
12-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Ralph is getting up there in years. Though he appears pretty healthy, when he does pass away (here's hoping that is not for a long time :pray: ), Im just curious what happens to the Bills. does he have succesors in line. I know it's kind of a ugly subject, but I really would like to know.

Dozerdog
12-27-2004, 05:05 PM
His daughters are in line- and I don't see them ponying up the inheritance tax money. Pray the Los Angeles Saints are all snug in their new digs when Ralph Dies.

BTW- have you seen him lately? He's been ded for 3 years butr no one bothered to tell him. His half time rambling when someone goes on the wall of fame or when they brought out the 1964 Bills was so bad it was almost comical.

Devin
12-27-2004, 05:06 PM
id never be able to root for the bills anywhere else. Please lord let there be a clause that dosnt allow them to move. Or a very wealthy business man willing to keep them in Buffalo.

Jan Reimers
12-27-2004, 06:00 PM
There will be estate tax issues that, unless Ralph has done some serious tax planning, may preclude his family members from keeping the team. While the Republicans are phasing down the so-called "Death Tax," Ralph may not last long enough to take full advantage of it.

Hopefully, a local buyer, probably in the form of a consortium, will purchase the team and keep it in Buffalo.

SoCalBillsFan
12-27-2004, 06:38 PM
isn't there some consortium who owns the packers? Like a million private citizens or something? That would be kind of cool for buffalo, if the citizens owned the bills

Dozerdog
12-27-2004, 06:47 PM
isn't there some consortium who owns the packers? Like a million private citizens or something? That would be kind of cool for buffalo, if the citizens owned the bills
Back in the 1930's or 40's the Packers- once owned and formed by a local meat packing plant- went "public" - 4,000 or so locals bought shares in the team to keep them there. In the 1950's, they brought Vince Lombardi to a local VFW post or something to hold an "interview" (kinda like a town hall meeting).

The NFL in it's current state won't allow that kind of ownership anymore. They want one guy (or small ownership group headed by one guy) making the decisions. They granfathered in the Packers. No professional team in any sport has this set up.

Mr. Cynical
12-27-2004, 11:26 PM
No professional team in any sport has this set up.
Which sucks, because owners can flake out or flat out suck. If they were owned by the city or some body of people, you wouldn't likely get things like Oakland/LA Raiders, Baltimore/Indy Colts or Cleveland Ravens.

Kolbiss
12-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Well that kinda sucks..... :nervous: I guess i didn't see any half time ramblings. Im just used to seeing pictures of him on the practice fields. He seems pretty healthy, but I could be wrong. Thanx for the info. :peace:

Dozerdog
12-28-2004, 08:32 AM
Which sucks, because owners can flake out or flat out suck. If they were owned by the city or some body of people, you wouldn't likely get things like Oakland/LA Raiders, Baltimore/Indy Colts or Cleveland Ravens.
On the flip side of that argument- most teams would still be playing in stadiums like the Rockpile. There would be no incentive to spend 350 million on a stadium with --say....toilets that worked.