• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Uh oh, Buffalo: Steelers playing to win Sunday

Now, despite two more injuries -- quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's sore ribs and cornerback Deshea Townsend's broken hand -- the Steelers promise there will be no letting up Sunday at Buffalo (9-6), even though they have little to gain by winning.

Coach Bill Cowher frequently has rested his regulars during meaningless late-season games in other seasons, but doesn't seem as inclined to do so now. That could be good news for the Broncos, Jets, Jaguars and Ravens, all of whom might need a Bills loss to get into the playoffs.
    more (ESPN)

Guess what? Neither are the Bills and any Bill who can participate, even the walking wounded, will be ready to put on pads and send Steelers home with 2nd loss of the season and more bruises to heal!

• Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Good. Let's take it to them at their best, so the rest of the league knows what we're about.

GO BILLS!!
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

Sportscenter said that Cowher said that he would not play anybody not at 100%. TJ mentioned that this late in the season that means no starters should see action.
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

I hope they play with heart too...and we will hand it to them with holes in it to send them into the playoffs .

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Sometimes head coaches send mixed signals at this juncture. It's bad PR to say your team is not out to win a game, but if they rest guys who are a little nicked up, that can't help but affect the outcome of the game. What will be will be, I guess.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• LABillsFan
            • Aug 2002

Did anyone hear what Don Criqui said in the fouth quarter about the Bills? He was talking about the Bills attitude and called it merciless and in reference to the 49er's, if you don't want to get blown out...get better. I think that's exactly how Cowher will approach the game. He may not play all the starters but he will make the Bills earn every yard and every point.
            I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i hope the steelers play their starters.. i want to kick the **** out of the steelers best players.. and we will go to pittsburg and own them in their house in the playoffs.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                i hope the steelers play their starters.. i want to kick the **** out of the steelers best players.. and we will go to pittsburg and own them in their house in the playoffs.

YOU KNOW IT! We can beat the Steelers. I am so high on this team right now. We are fans of the most exciting team in football and our whole season comes down to sunday it just doesnt get any better than this.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

I DONT THINK ANY TEAM IN THE NFL right now can beat Buffalo in the RALPH!!!!!!!!!!
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• The Predator
                    • Nov 2004

The Steelers Must Be Defeated!!!!

GO BILLS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>04

"If Your Attack Is Going Well, Your Probably Walking Into An Ambush"

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

Meaningful football in January, gotta love it!

Comment

• Pride
                        • Jul 2002

HELL YEAH BABY!!!!!!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

That is great news, let's see what this team can really do against the best team in the league.

Comment

• Wolffman
                            • Jul 2004

Just because they are playing to win, doesn't mean they are gonna win. Of course Cower is going to say that, what else is he gonna say? "Well we're gonna fold and let the Bills beat us"? They'll rest thier stars, we should beat them.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by G. Host
                              Now, despite two more injuries -- quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's sore ribs and cornerback Deshea Townsend's broken hand -- the Steelers promise there will be no letting up Sunday at Buffalo (9-6), even though they have little to gain by winning.

Coach Bill Cowher frequently has rested his regulars during meaningless late-season games in other seasons, but doesn't seem as inclined to do so now. That could be good news for the Broncos, Jets, Jaguars and Ravens, all of whom might need a Bills loss to get into the playoffs.
                              more (ESPN)

Guess what? Neither are the Bills and any Bill who can participate, even the walking wounded, will be ready to put on pads and send Steelers home with 2nd loss of the season and more bruises to heal!

This whole thing doesn'tmake a lot of sense to me. It hink a lot of it is just talk. I can't imagine we'll see much of Ward, Buress, Farrior, Polamalu, Staley or the Bus, if at all. The only reason this could happen is that Cowher has let his ego of beating his former co-workers get in the way. I don't care what he says about being on a roll, and injury means far far more than a win. If Cowher doesn't realize this then i just lost a load of respect for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X