X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

If you were Dungy....

Would you tank the last game? Doing so, you rest your starters and lessen the risk of any freak injury and you may not have to face the hotest team in the NFL (bills) in the playoffs if losing helps take the bills out of the playoffs?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

tough call- but could it cost them home field if they end up facing the Chargers? Also you don't want your starters to get rusty....

I don't think they'll intentionally tank the last game- most players have too much pride, and I doubt they fear the Bills all that much. I do think they'll rest some starters and could easily lose a road game in Denver weather.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
      NJ In The House
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      Would you tank the last game? Doing so, you rest your starters and lessen the risk of any freak injury and you may not have to face the hotest team in the NFL (bills) in the playoffs if losing helps take the bills out of the playoffs?
      I thought of that yesterday, personally, I would rather open against the Bronco's then the Bills.

You make a great point!

Time To Ski!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

I would play my starters at least a quarter to get them used to cold weather football.

If I got ahead, I'd pull everyone. Stat.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
          I would play my starters at least a quarter to get them used to cold weather football.

If I got ahead, I'd pull everyone. Stat.
          Jerry Gray should tell his guys to put some huge hits early on so Cowher pulls out his starters.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
            • May 2004

I don't think the thought of keeping the Bills out of the playoffs is of any concern to any other team. The playoff caliber teams are not that worried about the Bills. This is an advantage for us......we will surprise anybody we face in the playoffs if we make it that far....we have as well rounded a team as anyone.....and the coaching has finally caught up.
            "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
              WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
              • Mar 2003

Seriously this is a good point. By the time the Colts/Broncos game kickoffs the Colts will know the playoff implications of the game. If the Jets and Bills both win Dungy will be faced with:

1. Beat the Broncos play the Bills.
              2. Lose to the Broncos, play them again at home.

I think for the colts to play the Broncos - a team that will pull out all the stops to win, provides them a great opportunity to scout them up close for the next week. The colts can play things close to the vest, show the Broncos some planned weaknesses, then take them away in the playoff game.

Having to rely on the Colts winning after a great Bills victory will be gut-wrenching. Go Rams!

I wonder if Polian has any feelings either way about his old team making the playoffs and playing the colts.

I'd love to see the Bills play the Chargers.
              Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Morgoth
                Can you blow me where the pampers is?
                • Jun 2003

I wouldn't consider it tanking the game to let his players play a few series and then sit. It's a smart strategy. No one gets hurt but everyone keeps sharp for the first playoff game.
                Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                  I don't think the thought of keeping the Bills out of the playoffs is of any concern to any other team. The playoff caliber teams are not that worried about the Bills. This is an advantage for us......we will surprise anybody we face in the playoffs if we make it that far....we have as well rounded a team as anyone.....and the coaching has finally caught up.
                  Football is also a chess game. You might want to putyourself in a strategic position. Playing for homefield position is part of it.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• FTG
                    • Aug 2004

If I were Dungy I would sit Peyton, Harrison, and James. Everyone else would play the whole game
                    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

The Colts have played some sloppy football the past few games. They were really pressing to get the record at home and it showed- only 4 TD passes in 3 games and a lot of Red Zone mistakes.

I would try to get these guys on track for a half- maybe get into their old fashioned track meet - score every drive- style they are used to. Then pull them at the half.

Comment

Working...
                      X