PDA

View Full Version : Blue & Gold Fans, It's Time !

cdroesch
11-23-2002, 12:08 PM
Old Blue and Gold fans, It's time to let your feelings be known ! From the News on Saturday:

The most common request Hamister has received from Sabres fans is to switch the team's colors back to blue and gold. Hamister is considering the change.

"I've heard from enough people to say it's on the list to find out," Hamister said.

To all of you people who still bleed blue and gold, you can make a difference. The Penguin and Islanders listened to the fans, we can make a difference.

Isn't it funny those 3rd jerseys which my friends and I refer to as "the uglies" are the same color as the top of my Adelphia bill. Let's make a clean break. I don't know a single person who likes the uglies. The only people who own them are people who get them as gifts and those who's favorite color is red. And those swords which are something right off the cartoon network ? C'mon.

Let your feelings be known. Guest relations are on all levels of the arena. Wear your old sweaters to the games. Write Ron Bertovich a letter or tell Mark Hamister in person. We CAN bring back the old colors and old logo.

It would be a great way to bring fans back. New colors, new logo and a new arena back in '96 alienated alot of fans.

Tradition. It's time to come home.

Fat Tony
11-23-2002, 12:19 PM
Welcome aboard, cdroesch !

Well, the Hammister era did get off to an excellent start yesterday. I like the idea of dumping the Black and red- geesh- who doesn't have a black road jersey these days? What's the point of watching an NHL game on a color TV ?

I do think the road jersey needs some updating. St Louis has has had similar uni's to the sabres over the years, and they have done a great job keeping them stylish.

I would love to do what the Atlanta Thrashers heve done. They use the "Nest " logo at home, and use the wierd "T" crest on the road. Maybe they can use the more traditional Sabre crest & uni for home games, and use the modern logo with a Blue/Gold color scheme for the road.

What do ya think?

Fat Tony
11-23-2002, 12:20 PM
And I love the old fashioned tie- down string look on the collar.

lordofgun
11-23-2002, 12:27 PM
I'm with you cdroesch! BRING BACK THE BLUE AND GOLD!

Welcome to the zone!

Dr Phil
11-23-2002, 12:43 PM
I whipped out the crayons on fat tony's idea.

What do you think? Does it look like a straight jacket?

lordofgun
11-23-2002, 12:47 PM
if they have to keep the new logo and style, i guess it'd be ok. but i'd rather go old school.

clumping platelets
11-23-2002, 12:52 PM
Old School!! :up:

SABURZFAN
11-23-2002, 02:32 PM
i'd rather go back to the "old school" jerseys too.i've never been able to take a liking to the new jerseys.i don't even want to talk about the red jerseys.

SABURZFAN
11-23-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Dr Phil
I whipped out the crayons on fat tony's idea.

What do you think? Does it look like a straight jacket?

it almost looks as bad as those old VANCOUVER CANUCKS unis.

cdroesch
11-23-2002, 03:34 PM
Yes ! Fat Tony is dead on. Exactly what I was thinking. Old logo, old colors at home, Maybe goat head with blue and gold for the road. It keeps new fans happy, it makes old fans happy. And I'm all about the strings. Those 3rd uglies looks like they outlined my cup for the neckline. There's not one good quality about those.

There are alot of, and I mean alot of Blue and Gold fans. Everything I've said isn't just my opinon only, there's 6 of us that watch the games at someones place and we all say the same thing. That old logo was vintage Sabres. It was original. Now we are Carolina, Ottawa, Chicago, New Jersey and every other trendy team that has the same colors.

It's more than rooting for the color of the laundry. It's rooting for the logo you grew up with, in the city you grew up in, in the colors youve worn since day one.

That doofus Moss comes in here, changes everything and leaves, and we're stuck with what he left behind. I say, let's do something about it, and this is a perfect opportunity to do so.

Buffarama
11-23-2002, 08:06 PM
Howard Simon a month or so ago, showed a jersey that had the old blue and gold, but was like the red jersey with the sword logo in the middle, and a small goathead on the sleeve. I was pretty sharp looking.
BTW, Biron sucks. 4-1 Boston.

Buffarama
11-23-2002, 08:07 PM
And Connolly is a total flop while I'm venting here.
And, for the umpteeth consecutive year, we are the only team in the NHL, that has absolutely NO ONE in front of the net on our power play.

Novacane
11-23-2002, 08:50 PM
Connolly is a *******. I can't stand him. For those who would respond with "but he has great potential", please spare me! The guy should be a figure skater because thats all he can do, Skate pretty!

BTW........I agree on the blue and gold. Dump everything that was brought in under the Rigas family!

Sabre Ally
11-24-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by cdroesch

Isn't it funny those 3rd jerseys which my friends and I refer to as "the uglies" are the same color as the top of my Adelphia bill. Let's make a clean break. I don't know a single person who likes the uglies. The only people who own them are people who get them as gifts and those who's favorite color is red. And those swords which are something right off the cartoon network ? C'mon.

Well, now you DO know someone who likes the third jerseys, so :tongue: