The Heartwarming Story of the NFL's biggest.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

The Heartwarming Story of the NFL's biggest.....

...............DICKHEAD!

Former Bills #1 overall pick Tom Cousineau stayed close to home

When he came out of Ohio State, Buffalo used the No. 1 overall pick in the 1979 draft to take him. It seemed like a good fit. The Bills were struggling and needed an infusion of talent. And playing in Buffalo, just three hours up I-90 from Cleveland, meant Cousineau would be close to home.

“I was incredibly flattered to have been drafted by the Bills and I looked forward to playing with them,” the now 47-year-old Cousineau said. “Chuck Knox, the coach there at that time, was a great coach. He was what they call a players’ coach. I just looked upon it as a great opportunity.”

But that feeling lasted for only a few fleeting hours – if that.

MORE...
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

It was a pick left over from the OJ Simpson trade....the #1 pick we recieved in return was used to draft Jim Kelly.

Comment

• Turf
      • Jul 2002

Stew Barber was the biggest mistake in management that Ralph ever made. Period. Ask Gary Anderson among others. He treated players like s%$#.
      The Bills darkest years were under that incredible *******.
      Last edited by Turf; 12-28-2004, 09:18 PM.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Originally posted by Turf
        Stew Barber was the biggest mistake in management that Ralph ever made. Period. Ask Gary Anderson among others.
        Yeah, after we cut him, Anderson has only gone on to a 22 year career during which he has become the leading scorer in league history.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          Yeah, after we cut him, Anderson has only gone on to a 22 year career during which he has become the leading scorer in league history.

didn't we keep joe danelo instead?
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
          X