PDA

View Full Version : The Heartwarming Story of the NFL's biggest.....

Dozerdog
12-28-2004, 06:25 PM
...............DICKHEAD!

Former Bills #1 overall pick Tom Cousineau stayed close to home

When he came out of Ohio State, Buffalo used the No. 1 overall pick in the 1979 draft to take him. It seemed like a good fit. The Bills were struggling and needed an infusion of talent. And playing in Buffalo, just three hours up I-90 from Cleveland, meant Cousineau would be close to home.

“I was incredibly flattered to have been drafted by the Bills and I looked forward to playing with them,” the now 47-year-old Cousineau said. “Chuck Knox, the coach there at that time, was a great coach. He was what they call a players’ coach. I just looked upon it as a great opportunity.”

But that feeling lasted for only a few fleeting hours – if that. .....

MORE... (http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news_room/news/arts/3789.0.html)

Dozerdog
12-28-2004, 06:26 PM
It was a pick left over from the OJ Simpson trade....the #1 pick we recieved in return was used to draft Jim Kelly.

Turf
12-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Stew Barber was the biggest mistake in management that Ralph ever made. Period. Ask Gary Anderson among others. He treated players like s%$#.
The Bills darkest years were under that incredible *******.

Jan Reimers
12-29-2004, 04:14 AM
Stew Barber was the biggest mistake in management that Ralph ever made. Period. Ask Gary Anderson among others.
Yeah, after we cut him, Anderson has only gone on to a 22 year career during which he has become the leading scorer in league history.

SABURZFAN
12-29-2004, 06:18 AM
Yeah, after we cut him, Anderson has only gone on to a 22 year career during which he has become the leading scorer in league history.

didn't we keep joe danelo instead? :idunno: