PDA

View Full Version : Concentrate on Winning, not on Blue and Gold

starfirestar
11-23-2002, 01:58 PM
The original jerseys would be nice. But, is that going to help the team win? Obviously not. It may sell merchandise, but nothing more. Jereys don't make a team better. If the Sabres had switched back to Blue and Gold at the start of the season, the hype would have went for about a couple games. Thats it. Then, once they started to suck, then nobody would go. It's kinda with the Bills. They jerseys are second nature now. I don't care what they wear. I couldn't care if they were wearing plaid, as long as they are winning. Same goes to the Sabres

Dozerdog
11-23-2002, 02:34 PM
Hey, I hear ya,

But I think the fans all hear want the Sabres to turn back the clock 10 years. Back to the mindset the team had under local ownership like the Knoxes. Turning to the old Jerseys is a symbolic gesture.

Now if this team's new management will treat this club like a hockey team and not just another "property" like Adelphia did, then there will be hope. Are we going after the $10 million player? maybe not . But the old Sabres were serious about developing and or aquiring other players that were not just "prospects". Trading for LaFontaine, Fuhr, Hawerchuck. Agree with the moves or not, they were made with the thought of immediate team improvement and an eye on the playoffs.

Ever since Rigas came in, we are the Expos of the NHL- Mogilny for Peca & prospects, Hasek for picks, Peca for prospects, Audette (first time) for prospects, LaFontaine for a bag of pucks, even Kozlov for prospects.

Again, some of those deals worked, some didn't. But people are getting tired of buying a player's Jersey only to wave goodbye to a guy. Prospects and draft picks don't mean much.

Also, even if Hamister want to spend and wheel and deal to improve, we still may have to wait. Until Bettman resolves the upcoming labor dispute, cash poor clubs are not going to spend on players until the lockout is resolved. So expect a Zhitnick or even a Stu Barnes, your 30 year old money guys, to get moved before the season is over.

Typ0
11-24-2002, 04:28 AM
I like the black uni's better than the blue. However, with this particular team, I'm really partial to the plaid idea.

Ð
11-24-2002, 06:48 AM
Maybe they shoud spray their jerseys with PAM

Earthquake Enyart
11-24-2002, 04:02 PM
They should take the 3rd jersey logo and change that to blue and gold.

Don Cherry
11-24-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Typ0
I like the black uni's better than the blue. However, with this particular team, I'm really partial to the plaid idea.

Hey, Plaid aint no loser color!

Maybe the Sabres go with a checkered uniform, kinda like their previous ownership