PDA

View Full Version : I'm under the impression...

Turf
12-28-2004, 09:17 PM
That most people in the USA would be content to see 2-3 hockey games a year and root to them with ferver.
USA-Russia
Olympics.
Juniors.
Whatever.
After that, they've had enough.
I think most people see hockey as an Olympic Sport. Kinda like me watching the 400 meter with interest but really not GAF who wins.

Not me mind you, I love hockey and miss it. Not Pucks and Tucks this year. No New Years Eve Game. How wrong is that?

What amazes me to no end is the leagues' and players' total disregard of the game we love.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-29-2004, 09:40 AM
What amazes me is that the players don't see your point. I have heard people say something to the effect of "the hockey league isn't playing?"

Earthquake Enyart
12-29-2004, 10:00 AM
I watched some of the junior game on ESPN2 the other night. How the US hung on to beat the Russians, I'll never know.

lordofgun
12-29-2004, 10:18 AM
The US beat switzerland monday night. Pretty exciting hockey!

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Al Montoya is a pretty sweet goalie.

SkateZilla
12-29-2004, 01:30 PM
The US beat switzerland monday night. Pretty exciting hockey!

they stomped them in the 3rd....

Turf
12-30-2004, 09:19 AM
What amazes me is that the players don't see your point. I have heard people say something to the effect of "the hockey league isn't playing?"

I think they will figure it out in Feb when football's over and there's nothing for the media to talk about. Wow, even NFL draft day eclipses the NHL. So hockey may get 2 months of some coverage.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-30-2004, 04:00 PM
I think they will figure it out in Feb when football's over and there's nothing for the media to talk about. Wow, even NFL draft day eclipses the NHL. So hockey may get 2 months of some coverage.

Last year the Red Wings and the Avalanche were playing on a Thursday night. I hope I am not repeating myself, I can't remember if I posted this before, but that night Sponge Bob, a WNBA game, and the Women's PBA beat it in the ratings. Hell, the damn WPBA isn't even around anymore.

realmendontwearteal
12-30-2004, 10:21 PM
they lost to a pretty bad team last night