PDA

View Full Version : Denver -9 points, Jets -3 points

Tatonka
12-29-2004, 01:42 PM
just so you know.. both are favored to win.

like a few others have said.. Denver may not cover -9 points, but there is just absolutely no way that they lose that game.. no way no how no chance..

the jets are our only hope.. but they run the ball well and play good pass defense.. all they have to do is pound the crap out of the soft st. louis dline like dorsey levens did on the opening drive against philly.. and they should win.

i am going to be pissed off and down about this for a while.. i hate to be the one to be down about this.. but i just dont see how this can happen.. i can definately see us killing pitts backups.. and then watching the jets slowly eat up the rams..

i truely hope i am wrong.. buffalo has the worst god damn luck.. can we just get a break this time please.. let us be the panthers this year.. except with a slightly happier ending..

i just have this horrible feeling that no matter what, we will get screwed.. and those two sorry ass, undeserving teams (jets and broncos) will get in and then get killed in the first round.

i am trying to stay positive.. but i need some help.. someone tell me how this is possibly going to work out for us.. besides the "on any given sunday" stuff.

:bikerbabe

Tatonka
12-29-2004, 01:45 PM
where is spaz when i need him.. he was always the most postive bastage around!

Cntrygal
12-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Okay.... Since you don't want to hear the "any given Sunday" crap... or how the Patsies probably never imagined the almighty powerful 2004 fish team beating them.....

EVEN if the football Gods are still not 100% on our side for this year, and we don't go any further (than beating Pitts). We accomplished ALOT this season after a very rocky start. These guys finally understand HOW to win. They WANT to win. They are playing as a TEAM. It's fantastic to see the change in attitude - by players and coaches. (I didn't like GW as a HC and couldn't stand KG). No matter what happens this Sunday, next year teams are going to see us on their schedules and NOT mark us as an automatic win.

:gobills:

Cntrygal
12-29-2004, 01:53 PM

:couch:

Morgoth
12-29-2004, 01:54 PM
I'm a Bills fan living in Colorado Springs. That puts me about 50 miles south of Denver. I hate the Broncos with the heat of a thousand white-hot suns. That being said I plan to will the Broncos to a loss and then laugh myself stupid while drinking heavily all day Sunday. Anyway, it's a 50-50 chance Plummer will implode and take the Broncos with him so cheer up.

Tatonka
12-29-2004, 01:55 PM
next year means nothing.. i dont want moral victories or any of that crap.. if we dont make the playoffs.. then it is all for nothing.. imho..

at least that is what i feel right this second.. i will probably change my mind in the offseason when i am getting excited for next season..

but right now.. it will be a huge disappointment if we miss the playoffs at 10-6.. that is just absurd to think that could happen.

Tatonka
12-29-2004, 01:57 PM
I'm a Bills fan living in Colorado Springs. That puts me about 50 miles south of Denver. I hate the Broncos with the heat of a thousand white-hot suns. That being said I plan to will the Broncos to a loss and then laugh myself stupid while drinking heavily all day Sunday. Anyway, it's a 50-50 chance Plummer will implode and take the Broncos with him so cheer up.

that does make me feel a little better!

:up:

Cntrygal
12-29-2004, 01:59 PM
next year means nothing.. i dont want moral victories or any of that crap.. if we dont make the playoffs.. then it is all for nothing.. imho..

at least that is what i feel right this second.. i will probably change my mind in the offseason when i am getting excited for next season..

but right now.. it will be a huge disappointment if we miss the playoffs at 10-6.. that is just absurd to think that could happen.

It sucks to miss the PO's at 10-6, esp when teams barely at .500 make it in... BUT, I'd rather be 10-6 and miss the PO's than less than .500

Tatonka
12-29-2004, 02:02 PM
It sucks to miss the PO's at 10-6, esp when teams barely at .500 make it in... BUT, I'd rather be 10-6 and miss the PO's than less than .500

why? the only difference is we draft lower.. :mad:

either way the guys are playing golf during the playoffs.

Cntrygal
12-29-2004, 02:10 PM

The draft is a crap shoot....

I'm really tired of hearing (and remembering) about the 70s...2-14, 3-13, 4 SB losses, RJ/DF debacle etc etc..... We've been a laughingstock with intermittent threat (to others) factors. It's nice to finish with a positive record.

Patrick76777
12-29-2004, 02:12 PM

I actually feel really good about it. I just have a feeling that this is going to happen. And I like Indy in Denver!

juice
12-29-2004, 02:13 PM
It sucks to miss the PO's at 10-6, esp when teams barely at .500 make it in... BUT, I'd rather be 10-6 and miss the PO's than less than .500Your absolutely correct, at 10-6 you can use the fact that the Bills finished the season as the Leagues hottest team to attract Top Free Agents as well as to keep UFA from departing simply for more money.

Pat Williams will probably stay because of his position in a dominate defense and JJ might decide to stay as part of a unit that is over-acheiving and has one of the premeir position coaches.

The King
12-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Tatonka,

BILL-ieve. Too many things have fallen into place for this team, this is our destiny.

Mr. Miyagi
12-29-2004, 02:24 PM
I think the Rams will beat the Jets and kick them out of the playoffs.

The Rams are fighting for their own playoff lives over there. And it's at St. Louis. They'll come through for us. :up:

Cntrygal
12-29-2004, 02:26 PM
The thing I'd be pissed about is if we reverted back to the "bumbling" Bills. Not only would I be miserable/pissed watching the game, the Steelers fans at the bar are very loud and annoying. Last weekend they were yelling the "Let's Go Steelers" chant about every 5 minutes. Even when the game was over and we were an hour into the later games.

Cntrygal
12-29-2004, 02:29 PM
I think the Rams will beat the Jets and kick them out of the playoffs.

The Rams are fighting for their own playoff lives over there. And it's at St. Louis. They'll come through for us. :up:

That would be great!

Tatonka
12-29-2004, 02:29 PM
Tatonka,

BILL-ieve. Too many things have fallen into place for this team, this is our destiny.

part of me does feel that way..

but the cynical side says no way..

i just wish that sunday would hurry up and get here.

Devin
12-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Truth be told I think both teams will lose we will win and face SD. Im not just saying this as a Bills fan but more so because I truly believe with the way things have fallen into place this is what will happen.

Philagape
12-29-2004, 02:43 PM
Mularkey will be the difference for the Bills. No one knows Maddox like he does.

No victory is safe in the hands of Jake Plummer.

The Rams offense is healthy and at home.

I'm optimistic.

The King
12-29-2004, 02:51 PM
part of me does feel that way..

but the cynical side says no way..

i just wish that sunday would hurry up and get here.

Youll find when you let go of that cynical side its a lot more fun to be a fan. Let loose. Live a little. BILL-ieve!!!

THATHURMANATOR
12-29-2004, 03:04 PM

Didn't Miami miss the playoffs at 10-6 last year?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
12-29-2004, 03:07 PM
I too don't feel good having to rely on another team losing to help us into the playoffs.....but remember last year when the Cardinals took it to the Vikings?

I just don't see the point of writing off our chances of getting in until its really over........I think there is at least a 50/50 chance that one of those teams loses.....and those are odds that make Sunday a great day for heavy drinking......

bills_7
12-29-2004, 03:27 PM

Where did he go?

willis_mchenry
12-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Someone posted this already, but on Monday Night Football, Peyton Manning said he wants to play because a couple of years ago they rested their guys when they played Buffalo, then lost in the playoffs anyway. He said he didn't want that to happen again and he wants to keep the rhythm that they are in now. He said he'd also like to get to 13 wins because Dungy has never done that before.

finsrclowns
12-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Indy defeats Denver 27-24. Vanderjadt kicks a 59 yard FG as time expires and Mike Shanahan throws up on the sideline.

The Jets look like easy winners but 2 late SL TD's puts them up 35-31. Then Pennington throws a nice floater over the middle that's picked and the Jests lose. After the game Pennington says he's tired of the press being so "negative".

The Bills shrug off a rough first half to pull out a 24-13 win over Pitt. Tom Donahoe lights a victory cigar on the Bills sideline after which Bill Cowher has to be restrained from going after him.

Does that make you feel any better Tatonka? :dance:

Earthquake Enyart
12-29-2004, 04:17 PM
The key isn't how much Manning plays. The key is how much Freeny plays. Plummer has gag written all over him.

RedEyE
12-29-2004, 04:21 PM
It's going to be an interesting weekend for sure!!!

The Colts and there stinky D against a Denver team finding it's momentum. Colts should want to put the Broncos out now, rather then making it happen later. It could prove to bite them on the ass.

The Rams are playing ****ty football, but there is hope that Bulger could be well enough to light up a nice passing attack mixed in with a little Steven Jackson endzone dance. Rams D is lousey, but has proven to be worthy of helping their team out when it counts this year. I wish we could get the Jets to play in Seahawk colors. This game will be very close. Could see OT!

Pittsburgh second string O is better than many other team's first string O. Maddox and Staley might be proving something once again, and that Pittsburgh D isn't #1 in the league for nothing. It will be a fight every step of the way for Buffalo.

The Playoffs start Sunday!!!

the dude
12-29-2004, 07:15 PM
hey T - I feel your pain

Couple things give me hope though:

1. Marc Bulger has an amazing record playing at home in the dome - something ridiculous like 18-3 or something.
2. Rams need this win as much as the Jets do - even moreso, they have no backdoor possibilities.
3. Strength of the Jets D is playing a cover-2 like scheme, keeping plays in front of their safeties and getting a pass rush. No John Abaham this week, could mean more time for Holt and Bruce to get beyond the second level. If that happens, their D can be susceptible to Stephen Jackson who is supposed to be ok this week.

My fear in this game is the Jets pound the wimpy D-line of the Rams on the opening drive and they and force them to play from behind. Then it could be lights out.

If the Rams are to win, it'll be a couple long bombs to open up the running game, a turnover or 2 as Chad and Co. feel the pressure and we're in business.

As far as the Colts/broncs, I agree the chances are small but I still could see a possibility here. If I were Shananhan, I'd run the ball thruout the 1st half for 2 reasons: keep Peyton on the cold bench, prevent Plummer from throwing scary interceptions at an inopportune time. Unless the Colts are up by 14 or more points at halftime, I can't see their backups holding off a desperate Broncos team.

I see it as a 40-60 shot for the Rams and about a 20-80 shot for the Colts. Using basic probability - and assuming we beat the Pitt backups, that gives us about a 50-50 shot. After 2-6, I'll look at the big picture and take those odds.

jamze132
12-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Who would have thunk that the Jags would be shut out at home by the Texans?... with the playoffs on the line?

We have been pretty lucky thus far with the way everything is playing out. Even if we don't make the playoffs this year, we should still be very excited for our future. Besides, we can always blame Nate for the dumbass play against the Jags in week 1.

DaBills
12-29-2004, 08:29 PM
"No victory is safe in the hands of Jake Plummer."

Lol.

I think the Rams may go to the ground game again. Jackson put up almost 150 and looked good doing it. I think it may be a long afternoon for the Jests.

jamze132
12-29-2004, 09:50 PM
Jake Plummer.... Hmm...

I am positive that his facsination with Johnny Damon will not lead him to success Sunday.

Mr. Cynical
12-29-2004, 09:57 PM
Your absolutely correct, at 10-6 you can use the fact that the Bills finished the season as the Leagues hottest team to attract Top Free Agents as well as to keep UFA from departing simply for more money.

Pat Williams will probably stay because of his position in a dominate defense and JJ might decide to stay as part of a unit that is over-acheiving and has one of the premeir position coaches.
Most definitely the best post you have ever written since I've been here.

Mr. Cynical
12-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Tonk, I wish I had something to say to make you feel better but I don't. All I can say is that this is just a game. Don't let it get too far under your skin. Even you once said this awhile ago....that your wife (and I think kid) made you realize the "real" priorities in your life. So if the Bills don't make it, think of those things instead. It will give you the proper perspective and you won't feel as bad.

I'm taking a similar aloof approach to this whole thing until they are playing in the AFC Championship. If they make it that far however, then all bets are off and I'll be a basket case, regardless of my prior words about priorities. :crazy:

jamze132
12-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Tonk, I wish I had something to say to make you feel better but I don't. All I can say is that this is just a game. Don't let it get too far under your skin. Even you once said this awhile ago....that your wife (and I think kid) made you realize the "real" priorities in your life. So if the Bills don't make it, think of those things instead. It will give you the proper perspective and you won't feel as bad.

I'm taking a similar aloof approach to this whole thing until they are playing in the AFC Championship. If they make it that far however, then all bets are off and I'll be a basket case, regardless of my prior words about priorities. :crazy:

Very well put. Sometimes we forget that it is entertainment and that we have no control on what happens. But damn it, I can't help but get over-excited about our current situation. I am so infatuated with the Bills, Sabres, and the Amazin's that I often forget it's a game. And damn it, I have been losing with all my teams for a while and need some success.

Tatonka
12-29-2004, 11:21 PM
oh, no worries about me taking this too personal or being too down.. but we all as fans invest alot to the bills emotionally.. even if you say you dont care.. you would be here if you didnt.

i guess i just really want a chance to see them for just one more week.. just one extra game and the chance at that all elusive superbowl win.. even if it is just a pipe dream.. we are so much better than so many of the teams that will be playing in the playoffs.. it would just be a travesty to see things not work out.

jamze132
12-29-2004, 11:38 PM
oh, no worries about me taking this too personal or being too down.. but we all as fans invest alot to the bills emotionally.. even if you say you dont care.. you would be here if you didnt.

i guess i just really want a chance to see them for just one more week.. just one extra game and the chance at that all elusive superbowl win.. even if it is just a pipe dream.. we are so much better than so many of the teams that will be playing in the playoffs.. it would just be a travesty to see things not work out.

No Tatonka, a travesty would be watching the Jets play in 2 weeks.

DaBills
12-30-2004, 12:10 AM
No Tatonka, a travesty would be watching the Jets play in 2 weeks.

Isn't it a travesty watching them any week?

:dance:

ScottLawrence
12-30-2004, 12:46 AM
Sadly....I think you right.

1) The Jets will not squander a 5-0 start to not get into the playoffs against the Rams.(Mike Martz seems to have lost control of that team)

2)The Colts without playing there starters the entire game will lose in Denver.

Like people have said, anything can happen on any given sunday but, I don't like our chances.(Jets, Broncos)