PDA

View Full Version : Goal Posts

zone
12-29-2004, 05:51 PM
Do you guys think if we win, everyone will storm the field and tear down the goal posts?

JayWood
12-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Ummmmmm....NO!! :doh:

zone
12-29-2004, 06:26 PM
Ummmmmm....NO!! :doh:
come on =)... please...

W
12-29-2004, 07:15 PM
We'd be the laughing stock of America

OpIv37
12-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Do you guys think if we win, everyone will storm the field and tear down the goal posts?

I was at the last AFC Championship Game at Rich (it was still called that back then). Halfway through the 4th, they lined the entire perimeter of the field with cops, and each one had a German shepard. Needless to say, no one attempted to jump on the field.

Plus, even if we win we won't know if we're in or not- the Jets would have to lose and their game would have to finish before ours.

shotgun
12-29-2004, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=Plus, even if we win we won't know if we're in or not- the Jets would have to lose and their game would have to finish before ours.[/QUOTE]

well the rams jets game i am sure thay will keep showing the score @ the game plus rams will blow them out and will have to tear down the fg post just kidding ... i am 3rd row in the end zone and i would not even think of running on the feild ... go bills !!!!

big al

jamze132
12-29-2004, 07:38 PM
Since destroying goal posts isn't really common practice in professional football, maybe a tradition needs to be started. Why don't we start with the kicker's practice net and work our way up?

dannyek71
12-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Since destroying goal posts isn't really common practice in professional football, maybe a tradition needs to be started. Why don't we start with the kicker's practice net and work our way up?
How about the actual kicker?

The kickers net is more useful.

jamze132
12-29-2004, 10:03 PM
How about the actual kicker?

The kickers net is more useful.

Only if you are refering to Lindel. If so, than go get em' tiger.

NapalmDeath
12-30-2004, 12:55 AM
I was at the last AFC Championship Game at Rich (it was still called that back then). Halfway through the 4th, they lined the entire perimeter of the field with cops, and each one had a German shepard. Needless to say, no one attempted to jump on the field.

Plus, even if we win we won't know if we're in or not- the Jets would have to lose and their game would have to finish before ours.

I was at that game as well. Vs. KC

I will say this, if our game takes longer and we win, and the Rams do pull off the win before we do, anything is possible. The crowd is going to be fired up from the get go, even with the Steeler fans that are gonna be there. It has been a long time for Bills fans, so who knows.

JD
12-30-2004, 09:41 AM
I think it will happen....if Jets lose and we win....with the jets game finishing before ours.

It has been such a long time so he is right, anything can happen with emotions so high.

Patrick76777
12-30-2004, 09:56 AM
Ok, First off, we wouldn’t be the laughing stock of the league. And although it’s not common practice, it kind of is a tradition in Buffalo. I know for a fact they did it when we finally beat Miami. They did it when we won the division over the Jets in 1988 and we did it in 1990 when we won the division at home over Miami.

Now let me say that although there is no etiquette on charging the field, it’s usually done after the end of a long losing streak, a huge win for the program/franchise, or a very dramatic circumstance.

I think that starting the year 0-4 but finishing with 7 straight wins an clinching a playoff berth is very dramatic. However, the game itself must also be fairly close. If were beating Pittsburgh’s scrubs by 28 points with 15 minutes left, it would be stupid.

Also, we would need to make sure we got into the playoffs first. Beating Pittsburgh rushing onto the field and celebrating only to find out that we didn’t get into the playoffs would be very embarrassing.

IMO, the only way this can happen is if we’re in a very close battle with the Steelers. Halfway thru the 4th quarter, we find out that the Jets have indeed lost to the Rams. Then we end up winning a very close game that is in doubt right up until the final few minutes.

If this scenario plays out, I could totally see a field crashing take place and seeing as how I’m in the front row, I’ll be one of the first over the wall.

As for the security. Yes, in the last AFC Championship game they took a lot of precaution. But remember, the game was for a trip to the Superbowl and the fans had rushed the field 2 times in the previous 5 seasons. It’s been 3 GM’s, 4 coaches and almost 15 years since the last field crashing. There is no way they’ll have the dogs and horses down there. Maybe a few extra yellow coats but like I said, I sit in the front row and a lot of those Yellow coats are old ladies and young kids who wouldn’t be able to stop a wave of fans.

jamze132
12-30-2004, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE= I sit in the front row and a lot of those Yellow coats are old ladies and young kids who wouldn’t be able to stop a wave of fans.[/QUOTE]

Way to take advantage of little kids and grannys! :dance:

Michael82
12-30-2004, 11:34 AM
I sit in the front row and a lot of those Yellow coats are old ladies and young kids who wouldn’t be able to stop a wave of fans.
:snicker:

THATHURMANATOR
12-30-2004, 11:43 AM
:snicker:

What is so funny?

Michael82
12-30-2004, 12:18 PM
What is so funny?
the old lady comment. :D