X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FTG
    • Aug 2004

Bills should draft Ohio State kicker Nuggent

anyone else watching the Alamo bowl? This guy has an awesome leg. 4 KO....................4 touchbacks thru the back of the endzone.
    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

• jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

This guy is going to be a STAR! It's a shame that someone will draft him in the first round or just before us in the second. We gotta find a way to trade way up so we can grab him. Maybe Travis for a high #2? I am so sick of living and dying with each Lindel kick. The guy is money from inside 25 yds!!! Man, that's impressive! Isn't it great that every time he lines up for an attempt outside of 40 yds, the coach calls a timeout before the snap? What's really funny is when that happens he makes it! And I wanna see some touchbacks!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
      This guy is going to be a STAR! It's a shame that someone will draft him in the first round or just before us in the second. We gotta find a way to trade way up so we can grab him. Maybe Travis for a high #2? I am so sick of living and dying with each Lindel kick. The guy is money from inside 25 yds!!! Man, that's impressive! Isn't it great that every time he lines up for an attempt outside of 40 yds, the coach calls a timeout before the snap? What's really funny is when that happens he makes it! And I wanna see some touchbacks!!!

I dont know about 1st round pick, late 2nd early 3rd for sure.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        I dont know about 1st round pick, late 2nd early 3rd for sure.
        You can call me DraftMan after he go's in the first. LOL

Comment

• clumping platelets

This hatred for Lindell is sad

He's doing fine. It's not his fault that he's rarely been put into the position to win a game at the end of regulation or in OT

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by clumping platelets

He's doing fine. It's not his fault that he's rarely been put into the position to win a game at the end of regulation or in OT

Oh come on! We are lucky we haven't been in a situation late in a game when he needed to kick a 40+ to win the game. And would you not like to see some touchbacks??? I am sure he is a great guy and he gives 110% but we need a better kicker on our team.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Lindell's done his job this year, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that he's rarely been asked to make anything over 40 yards. By NFL standards, the guy is terrible for anything beyond that, and his kickoffs are short- imagine how good our ST would be if he could consistently kick off inside the 5.

One of these days, we're going to be stuck in a close game- the last thing I want to see is to be down by 1 with 3 seconds left and need a 43 yd FG to win- I have no confidence in Lindell to do that. I can't criticize his play this year, except for the short kickoffs, but we need a kicker that we can trust when the game is on the line.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

He kicked a 48 yard FG (Coach Mike had a time out called disqualified it).
                His kickoffs have been to 5-15 yard line.
                Yes I think he gets too much abuse.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
                  He kicked a 48 yard FG (Coach Mike had a time out called disqualified it).
                  His kickoffs have been to 5-15 yard line.
                  Yes I think he gets too much abuse.
                  Then why the hell would the coach call a timeout after HE sent Lindel out to KICK A FIELD GOAL? He doesn't have the confidence that is needed in a kicker in the NFL. He sees Lindel kicking everyday in practice. This also wasn't the first time he called a timeout before a Lindel kick. I was privileged to watch Lindel perform in Seattle. And it seems he had a hard as hell time making them from 40+ during warmups. The Seattle kicker didn't have any problems.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

We have more pressing needs in the early rounds than a kicker.

Lindell isn't great, but he's accurate inside the 40 and his kickoffs are decent.

I think we need linemen on both sides of the ball, and perhaps a linebacker and defensive back before we think about a kicker.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

No way will a kicker go in the first round...that's kind of absurd. It's also misleading the way they kick in college because it's a different ball and a different tee.

Comment

• helmetguy
                        Touch the helmet for luck
                        • Sep 2002

I'd rather make the receiving team have to try to advance the ball than just take a knee and give it to them at the 20. Our kick coverage has been excellent most of the year. Touchbacks don't give you opportunities for turnovers. If we take care of business on offense and defense, we won't have to worry about another 47-yard heartbreaker.
                        Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                        And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy
                          I'd rather make the receiving team have to try to advance the ball than just take a knee and give it to them at the 20. Our kick coverage has been excellent most of the year. Touchbacks don't give you opportunities for turnovers. If we take care of business on offense and defense, we won't have to worry about another 47-yard heartbreaker.
                          Under normal circumstances, I agree that we should make them try to return it, especially the way our ST has played this year. But think about the Music City Mirage game- wouldn't you rather have a kicker boot it out the back of the endzone, and forced them to move the ball 80 yards in 21 seconds against the best defense in the league?

A touchback isn't needed or even desirable on every kickoff, but there are occasions when we need a kicker who can get one.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• FTG
                            • Aug 2004

Please! Just because someone suggests an improvement that is hating him

Tell me you would be confident with Lindell lining up for a 45 yd FG at the end of the game with us trailing by 2. I don't think many Bills fans would.

Comment

• FTG
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

I think we need linemen on both sides of the ball, and perhaps a linebacker and defensive back before we think about a kicker.
                              Come on.......................the hatred for our linemen, linebackers and defensive backs is really sad

Comment

Working...
                              X