PDA

View Full Version : Bills should draft Ohio State kicker Nuggent

FTG
12-29-2004, 07:50 PM
anyone else watching the Alamo bowl? This guy has an awesome leg. 4 KO....................4 touchbacks thru the back of the endzone.

jamze132
12-29-2004, 08:05 PM
This guy is going to be a STAR! It's a shame that someone will draft him in the first round or just before us in the second. We gotta find a way to trade way up so we can grab him. Maybe Travis for a high #2? I am so sick of living and dying with each Lindel kick. The guy is money from inside 25 yds!!! Man, that's impressive! Isn't it great that every time he lines up for an attempt outside of 40 yds, the coach calls a timeout before the snap? What's really funny is when that happens he makes it! And I wanna see some touchbacks!!!

DraftBoy
12-29-2004, 08:40 PM
This guy is going to be a STAR! It's a shame that someone will draft him in the first round or just before us in the second. We gotta find a way to trade way up so we can grab him. Maybe Travis for a high #2? I am so sick of living and dying with each Lindel kick. The guy is money from inside 25 yds!!! Man, that's impressive! Isn't it great that every time he lines up for an attempt outside of 40 yds, the coach calls a timeout before the snap? What's really funny is when that happens he makes it! And I wanna see some touchbacks!!!

I dont know about 1st round pick, late 2nd early 3rd for sure.

jamze132
12-29-2004, 09:30 PM
I dont know about 1st round pick, late 2nd early 3rd for sure.

You can call me DraftMan after he go's in the first. LOL

clumping platelets
12-29-2004, 10:08 PM
This hatred for Lindell is sad :(

He's doing fine. It's not his fault that he's rarely been put into the position to win a game at the end of regulation or in OT

jamze132
12-29-2004, 10:14 PM

He's doing fine. It's not his fault that he's rarely been put into the position to win a game at the end of regulation or in OT

Oh come on! We are lucky we haven't been in a situation late in a game when he needed to kick a 40+ to win the game. And would you not like to see some touchbacks??? I am sure he is a great guy and he gives 110% but we need a better kicker on our team.

OpIv37
12-29-2004, 10:19 PM

Lindell's done his job this year, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that he's rarely been asked to make anything over 40 yards. By NFL standards, the guy is terrible for anything beyond that, and his kickoffs are short- imagine how good our ST would be if he could consistently kick off inside the 5.

One of these days, we're going to be stuck in a close game- the last thing I want to see is to be down by 1 with 3 seconds left and need a 43 yd FG to win- I have no confidence in Lindell to do that. I can't criticize his play this year, except for the short kickoffs, but we need a kicker that we can trust when the game is on the line.

G. Host
12-29-2004, 10:25 PM

He kicked a 48 yard FG (Coach Mike had a time out called disqualified it).
His kickoffs have been to 5-15 yard line.
Yes I think he gets too much abuse.

jamze132
12-29-2004, 11:52 PM
He kicked a 48 yard FG (Coach Mike had a time out called disqualified it).
His kickoffs have been to 5-15 yard line.
Yes I think he gets too much abuse.

Then why the hell would the coach call a timeout after HE sent Lindel out to KICK A FIELD GOAL? He doesn't have the confidence that is needed in a kicker in the NFL. He sees Lindel kicking everyday in practice. This also wasn't the first time he called a timeout before a Lindel kick. I was privileged to watch Lindel perform in Seattle. And it seems he had a hard as hell time making them from 40+ during warmups. The Seattle kicker didn't have any problems. :shocked:

Jan Reimers
12-30-2004, 04:57 AM
We have more pressing needs in the early rounds than a kicker.

Lindell isn't great, but he's accurate inside the 40 and his kickoffs are decent.

I think we need linemen on both sides of the ball, and perhaps a linebacker and defensive back before we think about a kicker.

Typ0
12-30-2004, 05:49 AM
No way will a kicker go in the first round...that's kind of absurd. It's also misleading the way they kick in college because it's a different ball and a different tee.

helmetguy
12-30-2004, 06:03 AM
I'd rather make the receiving team have to try to advance the ball than just take a knee and give it to them at the 20. Our kick coverage has been excellent most of the year. Touchbacks don't give you opportunities for turnovers. If we take care of business on offense and defense, we won't have to worry about another 47-yard heartbreaker.

OpIv37
12-30-2004, 07:37 AM
I'd rather make the receiving team have to try to advance the ball than just take a knee and give it to them at the 20. Our kick coverage has been excellent most of the year. Touchbacks don't give you opportunities for turnovers. If we take care of business on offense and defense, we won't have to worry about another 47-yard heartbreaker.

Under normal circumstances, I agree that we should make them try to return it, especially the way our ST has played this year. But think about the Music City Mirage game- wouldn't you rather have a kicker boot it out the back of the endzone, and forced them to move the ball 80 yards in 21 seconds against the best defense in the league?

A touchback isn't needed or even desirable on every kickoff, but there are occasions when we need a kicker who can get one.

FTG
12-30-2004, 07:50 AM

Please! Just because someone suggests an improvement that is hating him :rolleyes:

Tell me you would be confident with Lindell lining up for a 45 yd FG at the end of the game with us trailing by 2. I don't think many Bills fans would.

FTG
12-30-2004, 07:53 AM
I think we need linemen on both sides of the ball, and perhaps a linebacker and defensive back before we think about a kicker.

Come on.......................the hatred for our linemen, linebackers and defensive backs is really sad :;

DarbyTheDinosaur
12-30-2004, 07:57 AM
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Rian Lindell

Longest Field Goal - 54 yards
Career XP percentage - 100%
Career Field Goal Percentage - 77%
Career Field Goal Percentage (1-19 yards) - 100%
Career Field Goal Percentage (20-29 yards) - 94%
Career Field Goal Percentage (30-39 yards) - 86%
Career Field Goal Percentage (40-49 yards) - 57%
Career Field Goal Percentage (50+ yards) - 50%

27 years old
235 pounds
900,000 base salary
NOTE: Lindell has registered 3 touchbacks this season...(League Average is 6.3...)

---------------------------------------------------------------
VS.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Nugent

Longest Field Goal - 55 yards
Career XP percentage - 98%
Career Field Goal Percentage - 80%
Career Field Goal Percentage (1-19 yards) - 100%
Career Field Goal Percentage (20-29 yards) - 89%
Career Field Goal Percentage (30-39 yards) - 78%
Career Field Goal Percentage (40-49 yards) - 74%
Career Field Goal Percentage (50+ yards) - 89%

22 years old
180 pounds
First-Round kicker salary

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, I am comparing apples to oranges...college games to pro, but hey...it provides some info...

Jan Reimers
12-30-2004, 09:22 AM
Come on.......................the hatred for our linemen, linebackers and defensive backs is really sad :;
Sorry to be so darn negative, FTG.

Dozerdog
12-30-2004, 09:22 AM
Looking at the comparisons, I'd be more concerned about Nugent missing more easy ones than Lindell missing a few more long ones.

I do realize the hash-marks are wider in college- but ya got to make the chip shots

justasportsfan
12-30-2004, 09:32 AM

He's doing fine. It's not his fault that he's rarely been put into the position to win a game at the end of regulation or in OTSince our kickoff coverage has been awsome, I sometimes wonder if he's been told not to kick it into the endzone for a touchback and hopefully our ST can pin them in the 10 or get a chance for a TO. :idunno: I always thought he's had a strong leg but his accuracy needed work. I can barely remember him kiccking the ball for a touchback.

jamze132
12-30-2004, 10:16 AM
Since our kickoff coverage has been awsome, I sometimes wonder if he's been told not to kick it into the endzone for a touchback and hopefully our ST can pin them in the 10 or get a chance for a TO. :idunno: I always thought he's had a strong leg but his accuracy needed work. I can barely remember him kiccking the ball for a touchback.

I am sure he has been told to kick out of the endsone, but we all know that if he kicks it past the 10, he does cheetah flips in the tunnel so no one sees him.

FTG
01-02-2005, 02:22 PM
NO............we don't need a new kicker. :rolleyes: