PDA

View Full Version : We Will Know Our Fate By 4:30 On Sunday

Jan Reimers
12-30-2004, 05:12 AM
We should have won our game by then, and the Rams-Jets should also be decided, hopefully with a Rams victory.

I doubt very much that the Colts, with nothing to play for and their starters resting a good portion of the game, are going to win in Denver.

Typ0
12-30-2004, 05:47 AM
one thing we have going for us in the colts game is I think their offense really wants to execute outside in that weather to get ready for the playoffs. Plus they were commenting on how they had a let down a few years ago when we beat them at the ralph the last week.

mybills
12-30-2004, 06:08 AM
I have faith in the colts winning even without their starters. :idunno:

DarbyTheDinosaur
12-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Good work mybills...you must have faith.

Believe me, I felt like I've had a black cloud over my head for about 18 years now...I've been a Red Sox fan since '86 and a Bills fan since '87. Trust me, if you were a fan of even one of those teams throughout your childhood, you kind of got the feeling that things were always going to fall apart or unravel...to and insult to injury, I started watching hockey in the early 90's...naturally, I was a Sabres fan, well after watching the Red Sox choke every year, and watching our beloved Bills go 0-4 through my preteens and teens, I had the pleasure of seeing Brett F***ing Hull score a Stanley Cup goal in the crease.
I have always thought my teams would always, always come up short and I carried that attitude with me into every big game...until this year.
Early in the baseball season, I finally made my way up to Fenway and noticed the Red Sox slogan for the year..."Keep The Faith". It struck a chord with me and I carried it with me into every Sox game...sure, when we were down 0-3 to the Yanks, I felt a little hopeless, but I still told me dad and my fellow Sox buddies..."Keep the Faith, right?" and they nodded...and we all did...you have to understand, this is a completely differentt attitude for Sox fans...we all kept the faith and we did it...it actually happened.
I see serious parallels between my lack of faith in the Sox and my lack of faith in the Bills come crunch time. Some guy on ESPN.com listed the Bills as the new officially star-crossed franchise if the Red Sox ended up winning the series...don't you think it's time they ended that as well?
Let it be known that the Bills were 1-5 before the Sox won the series...since then, they are 8-1, with their only loss coming in New England (and the World Series trophy was there with some Red Sox players).
We have all seen the new slogan on this board and other Bills boards...BILLieve. That is eerily similar to Keep The Faith, wouldn't you say?

So, all I ask is Keep The Faith and BILLieve...the Bills WILL make the playoffs this year.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2004, 07:40 AM
I hope the Ralph puts tha Rams/Jets game on the jumbotron after game if the Bills win.

mybills
12-30-2004, 07:42 AM
you mean, WHEN the Bills win! :dance:

OpIv37
12-30-2004, 07:47 AM

I don't have faith in the Colts' winning, but I will never lose faith in Denver's ability to blow a big game at home against backups. The Colts' backups can't beat the Broncos, but the Broncos are always capable of beating themselves.

don137
12-30-2004, 07:47 AM
I agree it will come down to the Rams-Jets game...Indy does not want to face Buffalo in the playoffs and if the Colts win they risk playing the Bills instead of the Broncos. The Broncos have lost 3 of their last 5 with their only wins coming against the lowly Titans and nail biter at home against the fins...

Typ0
12-30-2004, 07:48 AM
I don't have faith in the Colts' winning, but I will never lose faith in Denver's ability to blow a big game at home against backups. The Colts' backups can't beat the Broncos, but the Broncos are always capable of beating themselves.

I was thinking that too. Well said.

mybills
12-30-2004, 07:58 AM
True, but the colts are better coached. They can and will win to give them the 13th or whatever it is, win. Not because of who they'd rather play later. I don't buy that.

OpIv37
12-30-2004, 08:17 AM
True, but the colts are better coached. They can and will win to give them the 13th or whatever it is, win. Not because of who they'd rather play later. I don't buy that.

I don't buy it either because I don't think other NFL teams are intimidated that easily. Granted, Buffalo is on fire right now, but it's ridiculous to think another team would be so afraid of us that they'd intentionally tank a game.

jamze132
12-30-2004, 10:43 AM
I don't buy it either because I don't think other NFL teams are intimidated that easily. Granted, Buffalo is on fire right now, but it's ridiculous to think another team would be so afraid of us that they'd intentionally tank a game.

I couldn't agree more. I posted something similar a few minutes ago on another thread. It's all about momentum and confidence. This ain't like Brett Favre laying down for Strahan.

BillsOwnAll
12-30-2004, 12:50 PM
IF Bad jake plummer shows up. I have alot of faith in thsoe rams at home. I also think the colts beat the OVERRATED jets.

The_Philster
12-30-2004, 04:11 PM
IF Bad jake plummer shows up. I have alot of faith in thsoe rams at home. I also think the colts beat the OVERRATED jets.
uh..you got em backwards
Jets-Rams
Broncos-Colts

Tatonka
12-30-2004, 05:45 PM
peyton manning has stated numerous times this week.. he wants dungy to get his 13th win.. edge is going for the rushing title.. dungy wants manning to get his 50th td.. freeny is going for sack leader.

peyton has also mentioned how benching players caused them to lose all their momentum in 1999 when they came to buffalo and got beat down.. they were 13-3 that year and benched their players..then took a nose dive to the titans in week one.

there is a slight glimmer of hope..

Mr. Cynical
12-30-2004, 06:13 PM
peyton manning has stated numerous times this week.. he wants dungy to get his 13th win.. edge is going for the rushing title.. dungy wants manning to get his 50th td.. freeny is going for sack leader.

peyton has also mentioned how benching players caused them to lose all their momentum in 1999 when they came to buffalo and got beat down.. they were 13-3 that year and benched their players..then took a nose dive to the titans in week one.

there is a slight glimmer of hope.. Wouldn't that be just peachy if both the Colts AND Rams won, making us 5th seed? I mean, how NUTS would it be if we HOSTED the AFC Champ game. :crazy:

McGaheehee
12-30-2004, 06:24 PM
This is my first post on this forum, but let me say...

GO BILLS GO!!! Theyre gonna make the PLAYOFFS!!! WOOOO!!!!

TigerJ
12-30-2004, 07:57 PM
If the Bills win and St. Louis doesn't, I'm not going to throw in the towel and give up. I'll wait for the Indy-Denver game to play out and hope for the best.

helmetguy
12-30-2004, 09:05 PM
I'm just wondering if the Jets-Rams scores might just be "conveniently" omitted from the updates. That is, if the Jets are winning-and it'd be nearly impossible for the players NOT to be doing a little scoreboard watching-might that dull the edge? I'd hate to think that would have an effect on the Bills' efforts, but who knows?

Just another "what if."

cordog
12-30-2004, 11:49 PM

there is a slight glimmer of hope..

Wouldnt that be something, Rob Johnson actually helps the Bills make the playoffs!

It just seems like typical Bills luck. Probably the HOTTEST team in the league, the team everyone is fearing to see and they miss the playoffs.

cordog
12-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Just another "what if."

What if Phil gets an ulcer and you guys miss....................Oh wait, that already happened.
:snicker2:

The_Philster
12-31-2004, 05:07 AM
What if Phil gets an ulcer and you guys miss....................Oh wait, that already happened.
:snicker2:
:mad:

mybills
12-31-2004, 07:40 AM
:rofl:

Cntrygal
12-31-2004, 08:36 AM
This is my first post on this forum, but let me say...

GO BILLS GO!!! Theyre gonna make the PLAYOFFS!!! WOOOO!!!!

Welcome!!

CuseJetsFan83
01-01-2005, 04:44 AM
well here are the scenerios

jets win no matter what happens....... they are teh 5 seed and play san diego

bills lose.... denver lose........... and either bmore or jax win... then its gonna be whomever was better between bmore and jax playing indy as teh 6 seed

jets win bills win.... denver wins........ indy plays denver for the 2nd straight week and jets would have sd........ this is why i think indy will actually PLAY the game

jets lose bills win.... denver loses......
jets vs indy 6-3
bills vs sd 5-4

jets lose.... bills win..... denver win.......
denver vs indy
bills vs sd

jets lose bills lose denver wins.........
this is the only tiebreaker the jets would win..........
jets sd
denver indy

my predicitions
jets 27 - rams 17

bills 31 - steelers 2nd team 10

colts 3rd team 24 - broncos first team 10

congrats jets and bills on making the playoffs