PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that we believe Dungy when he says he'll play his starters...

OpIv37
12-30-2004, 08:20 AM
but think Cowher is just blowing smoke and will play his back-ups? Does anyone else see a contradiction here?

Patrick76777
12-30-2004, 08:24 AM
but think Cowher is just blowing smoke and will play his back-ups? Does anyone else see a contradiction here?

Cowher didn't say he's playing his starters! They both said that they're benching any injured players. Just so happens that Bettis, Ben R., Staly, Burress and others are all hurt. The Colts are healthy!

mybills
12-30-2004, 08:25 AM
Something about Cowhers face?

:jk:

They'll be using who they can to win without causing further harm..like Rothlisburger..they'll only put him in some of the time, because he's not 100% but he's still a weapon at 90%.

The King
12-30-2004, 08:26 AM
We have a weapon as well the two headed monster known as TKO and Fletch. If Roethlesberger is in the game I count on those two, to eat Big Bens face!

TedMock
12-30-2004, 08:28 AM
I don't trust anybody. The Pittsburgh and Indy situations are different, so I can see where they would do things differently. In Pittsburgh's case, they have guys who are banged up. Rothlisberger, Bettis, etc. Staley's just coming back from injury. It would make sense to give these guys a break. Plus, they're a power-running team, so being fresh is of more benefit to them.

Indy has a precision, timing offense which requires more reps to stay in sync. I don't think that they should risk injury, but they can't afford to miss time either. They've rested players over the last few years, and as a result, have come out flat in the playoffs. I think they're more concerned about losing rhythm whereas Pittsburgh's more concerned with injury.

OpIv37
12-30-2004, 08:30 AM
We have a weapon as well the two headed monster known as TKO and Fletch. If Roethlesberger is in the game I count on those two, to eat Big Bens face!

Now I'm not necessarily advocating an intentional injury, but if Big Ben stays in there, we should blitz Spikes and/or Vincent on every play to teach Cowher a lesson. I'd love to see Vincent come around the outside and force Ben to step up right into Sam Adams.

TedMock
12-30-2004, 08:30 AM
Cowher and Dungy can both valid candidates for the nickname "jawbone."

The King
12-30-2004, 08:32 AM
Now I'm not necessarily advocating an intentional injury, but if Big Ben stays in there, we should blitz Spikes and/or Vincent on every play to teach Cowher a lesson. I'd love to see Vincent come around the outside and force Ben to step up right into Sam Adams.

If hurting Ben is what we need to do to in order to win throw the kitchen sink at us. He can blame his coach not us.

mybills
12-30-2004, 08:42 AM
Am I the only one who's not afraid of the Steelers?
-for example-
They seemed to struggle alot against the Jets defense when most of them were healthy. Who's defense is better, ours or Jets? I don't care if they use Rothlisburger or not, or any of their weapons, I have faith that we can win! :up:

The King
12-30-2004, 08:44 AM
Dido

Ed
12-30-2004, 09:10 AM
I would think that the Colts would be more likely to rest their starters since they don't have a bye like the Steelers do.

Dozerdog
12-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Colts starters will play a half-

Steelers players will only play if they are completely healthy.

Both coaches & teams have histories. Cower has lost playoff games when his big guns were hobbled in the playoffs.

The Colts have a history of locking up playoff spots, resting guys, and getting killed in the playoffs.

G. Host
12-30-2004, 10:09 AM

Dungy has more reasons than Cowher IMHO. Colts have experience not making the effort and losing before and needs more outdoors work also.

jamze132
12-30-2004, 10:22 AM
In a perfect world, all of the starters could rest and come back the following week and not skip a beat. But the world isn't perfect. And I am sure that Indy would much rather face Denver or New York in the wildcard. But they are not going to tank the DEN game just so they don't see us. They will play to win and take there chances. As far as the Steelers, they will not lay down for anything. Momentum is so important now-a-days.

justasportsfan
12-30-2004, 10:35 AM
After Drew's performance against the 9er's, I am confident we could beat Pitts even w/ Ben in there. Sure the 9er's aren't that good but it was Drew's accuracy in the short game that I was worried about. Add to the fact that it's@buffalo.