• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Buying Bills Big Business

"Let me put it to you this way, we've sold 50% of our Bills' paraphernalia this month." That telling statement came from the District Manager of Laux Sporting Goods, Mike O'Hara. He says Laux has tripled their sales over the past three days in comparison to last year's numbers, and he gives all credit to the Bills' tremendous turnaround.

"The return season usually brings in cranky customers looking to make a return or exchange, but this year the Bills are doing so well, everyone is all smiles." Tracy Jacim says, "Looks like you owe the Bills a 'Thank You' card." O'Hara says without hesitation, "I do."

The hottest item at Laux is the McGahee jersey. It's so hot, the store was forced to have 800 extra jerseys made. However, the Drew Bledsoe jersey is not faring so well. Large sizes have been slashed to an all time low price of
    $29.99...half the price of all the others.

"Most people know he is not the future of the team. Why buy a jersey of someone who only has a year left, I'd rather buy from someone who has another ten years," says avid Bills fan James Maloney of Cheektowaga.

But Bills fans are fickle, football is a tough game. Fan after buying fan confessed they may not be standing in line with cash in one hand and a Bills item in the other if the team hadn't made a comeback. Translation: if the Bills beat the Steelers this Sunday, and either the Jets or the Broncos lose, the Bills are on their way to the Playoffs and who knows what else. For Laux District Manager Mike O'Hara that means, "All I can tell you, for example, is that when the Bills went to the Superbowl four years in a row, we couldn't get enough merchandise in the store, our numbers were phenomenal!"

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

The Bandwagon is overflowing, but that's a good thing.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• FTG
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BillsChampsin04

The hottest item at Laux is the McGahee jersey. It's so hot, the store was forced to have 800 extra jerseys made. However, the Drew Bledsoe jersey is not faring so well. Large sizes have been slashed to an all time low price of
      $29.99...half the price of all the others.
      Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

Yea, I went there Monday and the place was mobbed.......

I actually seen a guy just give his Bledsoe jersey to some kid because he just bought a new McGahee jersey...

I went there for a McGahee jersey but they were sold out
        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

saw.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Out here in Tacoma, WA they have the Mcgahee and Evans jersey in the front window of 2 prominent shoe stores. A few months ago, I was looking for a Bills jersey and had to special order one. The guy laughed and asked why I would want a Bills jersey. He thought it would be funny to make me a free Norwood jersey.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

The only thing they sell around here is Bledsoe jerseys.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                The only thing they sell around here is Bledsoe jerseys.
                I see Bledsoe and occasionally Moulds jerseys around here. Ironically, they had McGahee when he first got drafted, but I haven't seen them recently now that he's actually contributing. Then again, I've been avoiding retail institutions because of the Christmas crowds, so maybe they are there, but I just haven't seen them yet.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Don't forget....you can still WIN a Moulds jersey for only $2 per raffle ticket.....

Comment

• FTG
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    Don't forget....you can still WIN a Moulds jersey for only $2 per raffle ticket.....

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=61349

Change it to a Evans jersey and I'll buy some

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
                      Change it to a Evans jersey and I'll buy some
                      Impossible to find at a low price.

Comment

• FTG
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        Impossible to find at a low price.
                        then how did you get a McGahee jersey?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                          Out here in Tacoma, WA they have the Mcgahee and Evans jersey in the front window of 2 prominent shoe stores. A few months ago, I was looking for a Bills jersey and had to special order one. The guy laughed and asked why I would want a Bills jersey. He thought it would be funny to make me a free Norwood jersey.
                          I'd have punched that guy. Seriously.

Comment

• The King
                            Without me it's just Awe so
                            • Jun 2004

I am going to try and return my L Milloy this weekend and get a M. The Large is too damn big. You think they will let me at the proshop?
                            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                            It was all
                            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                              • Jan 2003

I'm kind of tired of the replica jerseys, not sure if I like replithentic much. I'd like to get an authentic but it looms that the player could leave, traded, get hurt, then would I ever wear it again? Probably not...

Comment

Working...
                              X