PDA

View Full Version : Buying Bills Big Business

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-30-2004, 09:14 AM
"Let me put it to you this way, we've sold 50% of our Bills' paraphernalia this month." That telling statement came from the District Manager of Laux Sporting Goods, Mike O'Hara. He says Laux has tripled their sales over the past three days in comparison to last year's numbers, and he gives all credit to the Bills' tremendous turnaround.

"The return season usually brings in cranky customers looking to make a return or exchange, but this year the Bills are doing so well, everyone is all smiles." Tracy Jacim says, "Looks like you owe the Bills a 'Thank You' card." O'Hara says without hesitation, "I do."

The hottest item at Laux is the McGahee jersey. It's so hot, the store was forced to have 800 extra jerseys made. However, the Drew Bledsoe jersey is not faring so well. Large sizes have been slashed to an all time low price of
$29.99...half the price of all the others.

"Most people know he is not the future of the team. Why buy a jersey of someone who only has a year left, I'd rather buy from someone who has another ten years," says avid Bills fan James Maloney of Cheektowaga.

But Bills fans are fickle, football is a tough game. Fan after buying fan confessed they may not be standing in line with cash in one hand and a Bills item in the other if the team hadn't made a comeback. Translation: if the Bills beat the Steelers this Sunday, and either the Jets or the Broncos lose, the Bills are on their way to the Playoffs and who knows what else. For Laux District Manager Mike O'Hara that means, "All I can tell you, for example, is that when the Bills went to the Superbowl four years in a row, we couldn't get enough merchandise in the store, our numbers were phenomenal!"

http://wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=25431

Jan Reimers
12-30-2004, 09:29 AM
The Bandwagon is overflowing, but that's a good thing.

FTG
12-30-2004, 09:38 AM
The hottest item at Laux is the McGahee jersey. It's so hot, the store was forced to have 800 extra jerseys made. However, the Drew Bledsoe jersey is not faring so well. Large sizes have been slashed to an all time low price of

:gag:

JD
12-30-2004, 09:50 AM
Yea, I went there Monday and the place was mobbed.......

I actually seen a guy just give his Bledsoe jersey to some kid because he just bought a new McGahee jersey...:funny:

I went there for a McGahee jersey but they were sold out :fury:

Earthquake Enyart
12-30-2004, 09:53 AM
saw.

jamze132
12-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Out here in Tacoma, WA they have the Mcgahee and Evans jersey in the front window of 2 prominent shoe stores. A few months ago, I was looking for a Bills jersey and had to special order one. The guy laughed and asked why I would want a Bills jersey. He thought it would be funny to make me a free Norwood jersey.

mybills
12-30-2004, 10:05 AM
The only thing they sell around here is :curse: Bledsoe jerseys. :rolleyes:

OpIv37
12-30-2004, 10:08 AM
The only thing they sell around here is :curse: Bledsoe jerseys. :rolleyes:

I see Bledsoe and occasionally Moulds jerseys around here. Ironically, they had McGahee when he first got drafted, but I haven't seen them recently now that he's actually contributing. Then again, I've been avoiding retail institutions because of the Christmas crowds, so maybe they are there, but I just haven't seen them yet.

Michael82
12-30-2004, 10:53 AM
Don't forget....you can still WIN a Moulds jersey for only $2 per raffle ticket.....

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=61349

FTG
12-30-2004, 11:10 AM
Don't forget....you can still WIN a Moulds jersey for only $2 per raffle ticket.....

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=61349

Change it to a Evans jersey and I'll buy some :up:

Michael82
12-30-2004, 11:44 AM
Change it to a Evans jersey and I'll buy some :up:
Impossible to find at a low price. :mad:

FTG
12-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Impossible to find at a low price. :mad:

then how did you get a McGahee jersey?

Earthquake Enyart
12-30-2004, 12:01 PM
Out here in Tacoma, WA they have the Mcgahee and Evans jersey in the front window of 2 prominent shoe stores. A few months ago, I was looking for a Bills jersey and had to special order one. The guy laughed and asked why I would want a Bills jersey. He thought it would be funny to make me a free Norwood jersey.
I'd have punched that guy. Seriously.

The King
12-30-2004, 12:02 PM
I am going to try and return my L Milloy this weekend and get a M. The Large is too damn big. You think they will let me at the proshop?

Iehoshua
12-30-2004, 12:05 PM
I'm kind of tired of the replica jerseys, not sure if I like replithentic much. I'd like to get an authentic but it looms that the player could leave, traded, get hurt, then would I ever wear it again? Probably not...

The King
12-30-2004, 12:08 PM
I'm kind of tired of the replica jerseys, not sure if I like replithentic much. I'd like to get an authentic but it looms that the player could leave, traded, get hurt, then would I ever wear it again? Probably not...

I think there are like 3 players you would be safe with. TKO, London and Evans.

Michael82
12-30-2004, 12:15 PM
I am going to try and return my L Milloy this weekend and get a M. The Large is too damn big. You think they will let me at the proshop?
Yes, as long as u have the tags and havent worn it.

Michael82
12-30-2004, 12:16 PM
then how did you get a McGahee jersey?
McGahee was a rookie in 2003. Not 2004. His jerseys were popular and available last year. I got the jersey at a going out of business sale in March or April.

Mr. Cynical
12-30-2004, 02:42 PM
However, the Drew Bledsoe jersey is not faring so well. Large sizes have been slashed to an all time low price of $29.99...half the price of all the others.:lmao:
Wonder if they'll be offering a free toaster with it just to unload the rest of them. :snicker:

"Most people know he is not the future of the team. Why buy a jersey of someone who only has a year left, I'd rather buy from someone who has another ten years," says avid Bills fan James Maloney of Cheektowaga.James is a smart man indeed. :up:

HAMMER
12-30-2004, 03:48 PM
saw.
Seen, Saw, Funny stuff, what is it about Buffalo schools that can't teach our kids how to use that word properly? It is amazing how many people use seen instead. I have lived all over the country and this is definitely a Buffalo thing.

FTG
01-02-2005, 07:22 PM

Time to mark them down again. Whats a roll of toilet paper cost?

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Time to mark them down again. Whats a roll of toilet paper cost?

:rofl: