PDA

View Full Version : Not Really A News Flash:

DarbyTheDinosaur
12-30-2004, 09:34 AM
While I took great pleasure in the no-show of the Jacksonville Jaguars this week against the Texans, I think the general media outlook on them is wrong.

Everybody stresses how the Jaguars were probably emotionally exhausted after pulling of a tough, subzero win at Green Bay. Then they show up at home and get shutout and shutdown by the Texans. People also say this demonstrates how tough it is to keep a team motivated and consistent.

My argument is...maybe, just maybe the Jaguars were supposed to lose to the Texans. Does anybody out there think that the Texans might actually a solid football club? They may finish 8-8 in a very tough conference! They soundly thumped the Jags at home in Houston...and then soundly thumped them at Jax.

To me, the Texans domination of a Jag team that just captured a win in Lambeau reinforces only one thing...The NFC sucks...sucks...sucks. I mean, look at their number one team, the Eagles...in their 3 matchups with AFC teams thus far...They beat the Browns by 3 points...They beat an offensively impotent Ravens team by four, and were promptly eaten alive by the Steelers. Sure, they will be resting their starters, but my guess is Cincy will work over them all day long.

Winning at Lambeau in December may have been tough during 1965-2000...but not in 2004. The NFC is just not up to snuff. I am guessing a big AFC victory in the Super Bowl and AFC 285, NFC 10 in the Pro Bowl.

JD
12-30-2004, 09:36 AM
:crazy:

jamze132
12-30-2004, 10:12 AM
Some teams just own another team. Like in Madden 05', I owned the Patsys. I had 13 consecutive wins. Then they go and get Ray Lewis and Randy Moss and they finally beat me.

JD
12-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Some teams just own another team. Like in Madden 05', I owned the Patsys. I had 13 consecutive wins. Then they go and get Ray Lewis and Randy Moss and they finally beat me.
:shocked:

Jan Reimers
12-30-2004, 03:55 PM
Isn't the AFC something like 41-19 against the NFC this year? What a turnaround in the last five years or so from all those NFC-dominated years from the mid '80s to the late '90s.

Although even in those years the AFC held its own in the regular season. We just couldn't win a Super Bowl.