PDA

View Full Version : Im Done!

JefftheBillsfan
11-23-2002, 09:27 PM
I turned off the game after the third goal tonight. I am not watching this sorry excuse for hockey anymore. People spend their hard earned money to watch these millionares skate around doing their best not to break a sweat. I AM SICK OF IT!!! I watched the Bills last year because they were bad because of a lack of talent, not a lack of heart. At worse, this Sabres team should be .500 or at worst a couple under. Its all too apparent that their heads arent in the game. They dont skate consistently and they had more giveaways in the first period that most teams have in 5 games.

I used to really be upset with Miroslav Satan for his frequent lack-luster work ethic. I look on the team now, and I see an entire team of Satans now. Millionares who have it made, who think they are better than the rest of us and dont feel obligated to give the fans something to be positive about. Oh BTW, the fans pay your salaries you pre madonnas.

In my opinion there isnt 1 person in that locker room with a spine. If someone did, they wouldnt stand for this. They would do what it takes to get in everyone's heads and make them play. It is obvious nobody has done this. I dont care if Lindy Ruff isnt a good motivator, a good coach at that. There comes a point where you need to take responsibility for yourself. These are grown men for crying out loud.

Get them out of here. All of them. I am done watching untill they start putting in an honest day of work.

Novacane
11-23-2002, 09:30 PM
You are right Jeff. They don't give a damn because they have guaranteed contracts. The team has nothing they can do to them. We just have to hope after the contract expires in '04 that the NHL sticks to thier guns and insists on getting rid of the guaranteed contract. Otherwise this kind of crap will continue and fans will just go away.

JefftheBillsfan
11-23-2002, 09:46 PM
Its not so much the league IMO. True their may be a decrease in diligince in the entire league, but it is profound here. We might not be as good as the team that we were the first 2 games this year, but we are MUCH better than this. When I play a game, I work as hard as I can. I only have my teamates and myself to play for. They have that, $$$, and the fans. They have every reason to play hard but they dont feel obligated to. When I play I make sure I do my best not to let anyone down. And when I work I make sure I earn my $$$. I have few spare hours of the day left with school/sports/work, I used to love coming home and catching the Sabres game. A little entertainment while I can just take a break from life for a couple of hours and put my heart into the game. Well they have taken that away from me now.

Novacane
11-23-2002, 09:48 PM
I know how you feel Jeff. I am sick of the players on this team. I wish we could trade them all!

JefftheBillsfan
11-23-2002, 09:53 PM
hell bring everyone from rochester up, put these guys on waivers, if they dont clear, they dont clear.

Sabre Ally
11-24-2002, 12:10 AM
You guys are kidding, right?????/ If you turned it off after the first period, you missed some GREAT HOCKEY! 4 fights, lots of action........oh, we lost? SO WHAT! I was glued to the set. It's your loss for not sticking with the team.

Novacane
11-24-2002, 07:29 AM
You are welcome to your opinion SA. I'd rather see them actually score goals than fights. Last I knew goals were more important than fights.

SABURZFAN
11-24-2002, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
You are welcome to your opinion SA. I'd rather see them actually score goals than fights. Last I knew goals were more important than fights.

that may be true but if we don't win,we might as well 'goon it up.'

clumping platelets
11-24-2002, 11:02 AM
Ice the goalie and check the puck

JefftheBillsfan
11-24-2002, 11:31 AM
I'm not going to watch a team that has no work ethic who is capable of winning but for some reason decides not to. I do enjoy the fights but 30 seconds of the team standing up for each other doesnt excuse the rest of the game where they choose not to play. Young kids look up to these players. This is why society is raising children like we have today.

Sabre Ally
11-24-2002, 08:56 PM
But they did play. How the :angry: do you know what they :angry: played like if you didn't watch the game?

You guys call yourselves fans, but you don't watch, you don't go to the games, so why the :angry::angry: do you EVEN have an opinion?

Dr Phil
11-24-2002, 08:58 PM
They talk a big game, Ally.

They are just mad the WNBA is 300 days away

Sabre Ally
11-24-2002, 09:00 PM
eh, they piss me off Doc. They complain about Wys being critical of the Bills and then turn around and act just like him when it comes to the Sabres. nothin but a bunch of hypocrites. :rolleyes:

Buffarama
11-24-2002, 09:04 PM
Earth to Sabres hockeys fans:

1) This is the worst group of players ever to wear a Sabre uniform.

2) This is the worst coach and GM ever, and to be here this long. They are old in the tooth. They need to go. How many years shoud they be here? 10? 20? Enough is enough!

Until Regier and Ruff are gone, things will never change. Never, ever, ever ever ever ever never.

Sabre Ally
11-24-2002, 09:09 PM
That may be, but is that a reason to stop watching them? The Bills sucked last year, but did you stop watching them??
Come on people, I moved 1000 miles so I could be in the same town as the Sabres. You all should be happy to at least have a team!

Buffarama
11-24-2002, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by not watching them, I've seen almost every game in the last ten years at least.
I won't stop watching them, which is why I'm here hoping they will get better.

Sabre Ally
11-24-2002, 10:09 PM
I know you're still watching Buffarama. But the important word in your post is hoping.....there are others posting in this forum that have given up hope and therefore find absolutely nothing positive about the team at all. That's who I'm talking about/to.

Buffarama
11-24-2002, 11:10 PM
It aint looking good Sabre Alley. I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel until the 6+ year Reign of Regier ends.

Sabre Ally
11-24-2002, 11:19 PM
Yeah, too bad we can't trade him. :chuckle:

Novacane
11-24-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
eh, they piss me off Doc. They complain about Wys being critical of the Bills and then turn around and act just like him when it comes to the Sabres. nothin but a bunch of hypocrites. :rolleyes:

miss priss.............read before you respond! I watched the whole boring game! If you thought it was exciting, good for you. I thought it was boring! I like seeing goals once in a while!

If you want to praise a bunch of sucks go ahead. Others have the right to comment on what they see.

Sabre Ally
11-24-2002, 11:39 PM
:rolleyes: I was responding to the very first sentence in this thread.
I turned off the game after the third goal tonight.

There's no need to resort to namecalling, particularly when no one was talking to you anyway.

Novacane
11-24-2002, 11:42 PM
there are others posting in this forum that have given up hope and therefore find absolutely nothing positive about the team at all.

I'll say something positive! Hammister sounds like he is going to be a good owner. I can't wait until the sale is final so he can get rid of all the losers this team has. There is a loser mentality on this team but at least they had a few fights against the Bruins! To bad they did not get points for fights!

Novacane
11-24-2002, 11:44 PM
You guys are kidding, right?????/ If you turned it off after the first period, you missed some GREAT HOCKEY! 4 fights, lots of action........oh, we lost? SO WHAT! I was glued to the set. It's your loss for not sticking with the team.

You guys? That was addressed to more than one person.

Novacane
11-24-2002, 11:46 PM
:rolleyes: I was responding to the very first sentence in this thread.

There's no need to resort to namecalling, particularly when no one was talking to you anyway.

Hey, I'm sorry for the miss priss comment. I just really don't like others judging my being a fan.

don137
11-25-2002, 07:38 AM
What motivation do the players have? Let's see. Wooley plays bad and gets traded to the the stanley cup champion Red Wings. I bet if you took a blind survey most of the players would be rather playing somewhere else and it shows by there play. The "leaders" don't even play with any heart anymore.
There is light at the end of the tunnel with Hammister coming in but we will be in the tunnel a long time.

Earthquake Enyart
11-25-2002, 08:22 AM
I haven't heard anyone called Miss Priss for years.