• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

If the Bills don't make it...

Will you still be pleased with the season, or will you be pissed that we were one or two games (actually four) away from being a force in the league?

Will you put it behind you and move on, or will you pout that we were so damn close and things need to change?
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• EDS
    • Jan 2003

I will be satisfied that the team is moving in the right direction and I will be very excited for next year.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

7 in a row is impressive. And we have respect. Thats a solid season if you ask me.
      Not too mention I think the league will go into a tailspin of media fans and players that all think we should be there.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
        The Stoner Zoner
        • Feb 2003

I will be proud of the Bills if they make it or not and things look bright for the future. I think we can win with J.P starting cause the whole team around him is so solid.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

I'll be happy over our improvement but it will eat me alive over the next 6 months knowing we were so close to making the playoffs.

I'm sure most of us won't get the replays of the Jags game out of our head all offseason knowing that game cost us the playoffs. Add in losing a game to bums like the Raiders and not finishing off the first Jets game also cost us.

Just knowing either one of them 3 games we should've won could've gotten us in the playoffs would turn us gray and eat us from the inside all offseason.

The football season is too short to forget about it. We have 6 months before we can erase the memories. It's not like the NBA, MLB or NHL where the season starts up 3 or 4 months after it ends.

It would even kill me more if we happened to lose this week and got the help we would've needed with a Jets or Broncos loss but we didn't take care of business.

What would hurt most is missing out in January when our team is playing as good as we are. We're better then the Jets and Broncos and it would be a shame to lose out on the action to them guys.

I feel we're as good as any team in the NFL right now and could compete and maybe pull off the victory against any of them. That's saying a lot coming from me because I don't get optimistic over how good we are very easily.

I don't think we could make the Super Bowl this season with the strength of the AFC and having to win 3 road games against elite teams like the Colts, Steelers and Patriots but it would be nice to have a chance at it.

We haven't made the playoffs since 1999 and we all know what happened in the last 5 seconds of that game. It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth especially since we haven't made the playoffs since.

I'm sure most of us are also dying for another home playoff game soon. We haven't had one since 1996 in Kelly's last season. I was 18 years old and at that game. Little did I know it would be 8 years later and we wouldn't have one since.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Very happy. I wrote this season off long ago. I still say that Bledose is the achilles heel, but he's been fine manager the last half of the season. Can't fault him for that.

Comment

• Cntrygal
              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
              • Jul 2002

Very Happy.
              Originally posted by notacon
              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

I'll be happy, but forever thinking about those first 4 games. What if. . .
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i will pout like a son of a ***** for the rest of the playoffs..

but then by draft time i will be happy that we improved so much..

this will sting real bad if we dont make it at all..

i think i would rather make it and lose in the first round then not make it at all.. i want to watch them for just one more week before the season is over.. the offseason is just too damn long.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Considering I had written this team off for dead, I'll be thrilled no matter what happens.

MM righted the sinking ship and made it cool to be a Bills fan again. If we don't make the playoffs, I'll be happy waiting for next year when we hopefully take it to the next level.

Comment

• ricogarion
                      • Apr 2003

without a doubt after the 0-4 start this season has turned out to be a huge sucsess.The playoffs would just be the icing on the cake,but all Bills fans must be feeling damn good about what the future holds for our favorite football team.Now if we could only do something about those hideous white jersey's???
                      I'm your huckleberry.

Wyatt Earp: "Been hitting it awful hard, haven't ya?"

Doc Holliday: Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

I think you all know where I stand on this issue.

Seriously though, I really don't know how I'll feel.

On one hand, I'll be pissed because there is no prize for 7th place. 4 years, no playoffs. Regardless of how they played down the stretch they still didn't get it done.

On the other hand, they showed alot of improvement and with a rookie HC. That bodes well for the future.

Overall the one thing that would piss me off the most by missing the playoffs is that they didn't get JP the experience for next year. Granted, the injury put a huge dent in that possibility. But if we are going to miss the playoffs, at least JP would have a season under his belt for next year. He also would have formed timing with Evans/Moulds and the system in general. Not making it and using up all those games with Drew is what would piss me off the most because he isn't the future. So they better make it THIS year.

Comment

• cordog
                          eat, drink, and be merry
                          • Apr 2003

If they dont make it, it will ruin me for the rest of the playoffs. Dont let either 2 wild card teams get their asses kicked, i will be *****ing about how buffalo coulda played a hell of alot better.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                            • Jan 2003

I will be very happy with the season. I will however be haunted by the Jacksonville game for at least a few months. That game would have made all the difference :/

I will however be very excited for the future, Willis Mcgahee, Terrance Mcgee, Lee Evans and hopefully JP got things looking pretty good. Add to that the solid play this year by Takeo, London, and the rest of the D and special forces and things look pretty good. Think about just the play of the special teams for a moment. If they can supply us with points as they have been along with the D we got much less to do on Offense

Bobby April has been a pleasant surprise. Lee Evans looks to be better than PP (to me) already and Willis is.....well, he is a wealth of god given talent. He has a natural instinct for the goal line and deceptive speed to go with that brutal stiff arm of his.
                            Last edited by Billz_fan; 12-30-2004, 11:58 PM.
                            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                              Will you still be pleased with the season, or will you be pissed that we were one or two games (actually four) away from being a force in the league?

Will you put it behind you and move on, or will you pout that we were so damn close and things need to change?
                              Anything less than a SB win is a failure in the eyes of TheBrownBear.

Comment

Working...
                              X