PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills don't make it...

northernbillfan
12-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Will you still be pleased with the season, or will you be pissed that we were one or two games (actually four) away from being a force in the league?

Will you put it behind you and move on, or will you pout that we were so damn close and things need to change?

EDS
12-30-2004, 04:37 PM
I will be satisfied that the team is moving in the right direction and I will be very excited for next year.

The King
12-30-2004, 04:39 PM
7 in a row is impressive. And we have respect. Thats a solid season if you ask me.
Not too mention I think the league will go into a tailspin of media fans and players that all think we should be there.

BillsFanInMass
12-30-2004, 04:41 PM
I will be proud of the Bills if they make it or not and things look bright for the future. I think we can win with J.P starting cause the whole team around him is so solid.

BillsFever21
12-30-2004, 04:47 PM
I'll be happy over our improvement but it will eat me alive over the next 6 months knowing we were so close to making the playoffs.

I'm sure most of us won't get the replays of the Jags game out of our head all offseason knowing that game cost us the playoffs. Add in losing a game to bums like the Raiders and not finishing off the first Jets game also cost us.

Just knowing either one of them 3 games we should've won could've gotten us in the playoffs would turn us gray and eat us from the inside all offseason.

The football season is too short to forget about it. We have 6 months before we can erase the memories. It's not like the NBA, MLB or NHL where the season starts up 3 or 4 months after it ends.

It would even kill me more if we happened to lose this week and got the help we would've needed with a Jets or Broncos loss but we didn't take care of business.

What would hurt most is missing out in January when our team is playing as good as we are. We're better then the Jets and Broncos and it would be a shame to lose out on the action to them guys.

I feel we're as good as any team in the NFL right now and could compete and maybe pull off the victory against any of them. That's saying a lot coming from me because I don't get optimistic over how good we are very easily.

I don't think we could make the Super Bowl this season with the strength of the AFC and having to win 3 road games against elite teams like the Colts, Steelers and Patriots but it would be nice to have a chance at it.

We haven't made the playoffs since 1999 and we all know what happened in the last 5 seconds of that game. It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth especially since we haven't made the playoffs since.

I'm sure most of us are also dying for another home playoff game soon. We haven't had one since 1996 in Kelly's last season. I was 18 years old and at that game. Little did I know it would be 8 years later and we wouldn't have one since.

RedEyE
12-30-2004, 05:00 PM
Very happy. I wrote this season off long ago. I still say that Bledose is the achilles heel, but he's been fine manager the last half of the season. Can't fault him for that.

Cntrygal
12-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Very Happy.

Jan Reimers
12-30-2004, 05:14 PM
I'll be happy, but forever thinking about those first 4 games. What if. . .

Tatonka
12-30-2004, 05:23 PM
i will pout like a son of a ***** for the rest of the playoffs..

but then by draft time i will be happy that we improved so much..

this will sting real bad if we dont make it at all..

i think i would rather make it and lose in the first round then not make it at all.. i want to watch them for just one more week before the season is over.. the offseason is just too damn long.

ArcticWildMan
12-30-2004, 05:36 PM
Considering I had written this team off for dead, I'll be thrilled no matter what happens.

MM righted the sinking ship and made it cool to be a Bills fan again. If we don't make the playoffs, I'll be happy waiting for next year when we hopefully take it to the next level.

ricogarion
12-30-2004, 07:32 PM
without a doubt after the 0-4 start this season has turned out to be a huge sucsess.The playoffs would just be the icing on the cake,but all Bills fans must be feeling damn good about what the future holds for our favorite football team.Now if we could only do something about those hideous white jersey's???

Mr. Cynical
12-30-2004, 09:11 PM
I think you all know where I stand on this issue. :;

Seriously though, I really don't know how I'll feel.

On one hand, I'll be pissed because there is no prize for 7th place. 4 years, no playoffs. Regardless of how they played down the stretch they still didn't get it done.

On the other hand, they showed alot of improvement and with a rookie HC. That bodes well for the future.

Overall the one thing that would piss me off the most by missing the playoffs is that they didn't get JP the experience for next year. Granted, the injury put a huge dent in that possibility. But if we are going to miss the playoffs, at least JP would have a season under his belt for next year. He also would have formed timing with Evans/Moulds and the system in general. Not making it and using up all those games with Drew is what would piss me off the most because he isn't the future. So they better make it THIS year. :grind:

cordog
12-30-2004, 11:44 PM
If they dont make it, it will ruin me for the rest of the playoffs. Dont let either 2 wild card teams get their asses kicked, i will be *****ing about how buffalo coulda played a hell of alot better.

Billz_fan
12-30-2004, 11:51 PM
I will be very happy with the season. I will however be haunted by the Jacksonville game for at least a few months. That game would have made all the difference :/

I will however be very excited for the future, Willis Mcgahee, Terrance Mcgee, Lee Evans and hopefully JP got things looking pretty good. Add to that the solid play this year by Takeo, London, and the rest of the D and special forces and things look pretty good. Think about just the play of the special teams for a moment. If they can supply us with points as they have been along with the D we got much less to do on Offense :up:

Bobby April has been a pleasant surprise. Lee Evans looks to be better than PP (to me) already and Willis is.....well, he is a wealth of god given talent. He has a natural instinct for the goal line and deceptive speed to go with that brutal stiff arm of his.

TheBrownBear
12-31-2004, 12:00 AM
Will you still be pleased with the season, or will you be pissed that we were one or two games (actually four) away from being a force in the league?

Will you put it behind you and move on, or will you pout that we were so damn close and things need to change?
Anything less than a SB win is a failure in the eyes of TheBrownBear.

HAMMER
12-31-2004, 01:53 AM
I was sooo disgusted the first six weeks, I am ashamed because I wrote them off. My girlfriend kept telling me to believe, she was so right and I am so happy now. What a ya gotta do? KNOCK IT DOWN.

Anybody know a good shrink?

Captain gameboy
12-31-2004, 05:22 AM
I'd be disappointed, but I'm a big picture kind of guy and there are two reasons I'm very happy with this year, and one thing that bothers me.

First the bothersome: I think we've got ourselves into a bit of a timing problem. The defense is older than the offense and the strength of the team. I'm not sure how much time is left for us to wait for the offense to be an equal load carrier, and this year will delay the inevitable QB change.
A minor problem, but a bit of an issue with me.

On the bright side, I am one of those guys who thinks free agency is a very important issue, and I didn't want us going into the FA period with declining attendance, unsure front office stability and a "black hole" view of our team by the NFL players. That's when you get only "contract bottom line" guys.

The other good thing is personal. My kids have always been Bills fans in the extreme, but have never lived in WNY. Hence, when you put the last month of last season with the first of this, I could see the cracks forming. The Bills were just no fun to watch.
Now all is better than ever. My college sophmore kid told us yesterday he was thinking about inviting some friends over for the game, but decided not to because their presence might diminish the usual "family room intensity" during the game.
I was playing catch with my 17 year old outside yesterday, and he asked me, "Dad, have you ever thought about what we would do if the Bills won a Super Bowl? I mean what comes after that?"
My daughter was telling me how lame all the new (bandwagon) Bills fans at school are, and how she asks them questions to judge their knowlege.
Three for three on the kids-Bills meter.

This has been a very good year.

mybills
12-31-2004, 07:34 AM
I'll stay as happy as I am right now. I've already forgotten about the bad start. Why dwell on it? :idunno:

TedMock
12-31-2004, 08:29 AM
I'll be disappointed about missing the playoffs, but happy with how we've progressed. The defense got even better once Milloy and Vincent came back, Baker, McGee, and Greer were pleasant surprises, Willis became a stud, Bledsoe's thrown 11 TD's v. 5 INT's in this 6-game streak, Moulds topped 1,000 yards, Evans was better than we expected, the O-line turned around, special teams is doing well in all facets, the team has swagger and an heir of cockiness about them. We haven't had that in quite some time. I'm walking around with my chest out lately. It feels good.

colin
12-31-2004, 08:53 AM
i think this has been a great season, starting bad and ending positive is a sign of a good team.

i think we will move travis, restructure bledsoe and prolly moulds, and let at least one of jonas and pat go for an upgrade (it would be nice to keep them both, but i don't know if it is possible).

we have stars at RB and WR, an improving young line, a vet qb and one on the bench learning, and most of our D is young enough to last a while, and the older guys are still studs (sam, lawyer, and troy should all last 3 more seasons at least). throw in top special teams and some very good coaching and i think we have a bright future to look forward to.