PDA

View Full Version : BIG Game!

WG
11-24-2002, 12:30 AM
This game will define the Bills' season. I have little faith that we can make the playoffs, even with a win unless we absolutely rout the Jets. They are the weakest of the next 5 opponents that we face.

If we lose, this will mark the third game in a row that we've lost and the onset of a second half collapse with a first half success rooted in meager victories over 2nd-rate teams. We simply cannot keep boasting that we're a good team based solely on the yardage marks of our passing game.

The Jets are a relatively young team w/ few, if any, marquee players other than a struggling Curtis Martin. On paper, we should seemingly beat this team. If we can beat them by more than 10 points, then perhaps we have a legitimate shot at winning a couple more games to go .500 or so. Such a win could quite possibly be a sign of an upswing in performance and a turnaround to very dubious performances over our last 4 games. If we cannot win, then one or two more wins against clearly superior competition may be difficult to come by.

justasportsfan
11-24-2002, 03:23 AM
As long as we prioritize the pass instead of the run, we'll be so much more dangerous. Although I have respect for Henry, he is not much of a scoring threat like Thurman was unless we are at the redzone. We need to pull away through Db's arm and then run to keep the lead.

Novacane
11-24-2002, 07:32 AM
If we lose today I think it is the beginning of the end for Greg
Williams

WG
11-24-2002, 07:58 AM
I also think it will be the beginning of the end of the season too.

just,

I hear ya. But Henry was an animal in week 1 v. the Jets up at RWS. Also, while Bledsoe has been a significant upgrade this season, the passing game really hasn't been particularly effective except in 4 or 5 games or so. It certainly hasn't been particularly effective in the last 4 games, that much is certain.

I'm not so sure we need the long TD threat out of Henry. Good, long ball-control games are much preferred. Henry's cuttin' it up out there w/ what, a 4.8 YPC avg. or something like that. That's outstanding. We need to utilize him more between the 20s and make sure that he at least gets some touches inside the RZs.

If this coaching staff has so little faith that he can't avoid fumbling in the RZ, then we need to trade him. He's of far less value if he can't be depended on in the RZ.