• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Lindell Story on Buffalonews.com

I am so confused by this article. It talks about how Lindell is fairly accurate this season and through his career. The numbers obviously support it, but it glances over the fact that the Bills don't use him in long field goal situations. And one thing that bugs me about this article is that it is reminescent of an article during the first superbowl run.

They talked to norwood the week before the Superbowl and he talked about how he would love to be the deciding factor in the game. I think we knew how that all ended up. Similarly we have a team scoring in the bunches and Lindell says he'd like to get a chance to factor into the game. If we lose a close one to the Steelers, I'm going to be so irritated.
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

IMO.... as long as he makes any and all the FG's and extra points - he's been a factor. The Bills do not need to put additional stress on my heart by having a close game. They should see if they can beat their current points average.
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Couple of things-

1- Have we NEEDED him to kick long Field goals? If the need isn't there, then why slam the guy for doing something we haven't asked him to do?

2- Weather is a factor- at least 4 games this year with 25-35 mph winds making 50 yard passes hard, let alone field goals.

3- Our defense and special teams are our strength. More good things happen to the Bills when we pin them inside their 10 yard line then attempting a very long FG that, if missed - gives the opposition the ball in great field position. Under GW, we would punt in these situations instead of trying a FG because our coach was a chicken****. Now we do it as a strategy- as we have a defense that creates points with turnovers, sacks, and great punt returns after we stop 'em.

4- For half the season we have been ahead by 2-3 scores - why risk long FGs for the reasons stated above?

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i have no beef with lindell.

i dont think he is great.. but i am not thinking "he is going to miss this" when he lines up.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• FTG
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
          i have no beef with lindell.

i dont think he is great.. but i am not thinking "he is going to miss this" when he lines up.
          I am
          Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
            My IQ Test results came back negative
            • Oct 2002

I used to think that...but hes been clutch lately. Im starting to like him.

Comment

• G. Host
              Banned
              • Jul 2002

Lindell kicked a 48? yard FG in SF but the Bills called a timeout before the kick. I think Lindell is better than some think and just needs so confidence.

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Lindell

I'd take Norwood any day.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

1.) I think Lindell has been fine this season.

2.) Anyone who thinks Norwood lost SB XXV for us must not have watched the game.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

2.) Anyone who thinks Norwood lost SB XXV for us must not have watched the game.
                    I don't think i said that Norwood lost us the game. He did miss the kick however.

Lindell missed a 43 yarder with no wind against Jacksonville and blamed the wind conditions. It was a perfect day outside. I agree with others that he has shown improvement, but at $4.2MM, you better have a vanderjagt like kicker. Not a middle of the road kicker who may or may not hit a kick outside 40 yards.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

agreed
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                      X