PDA

View Full Version : One thing I've learned from the lockout

FTG
12-31-2004, 11:14 AM
..........is that I absolutely hate Jay Mckee. He should just shut the F up. Everytime I hear him he sounds like a bigger ass.

Earthquake Enyart
12-31-2004, 11:22 AM
I hate the fact that he's a big, strong guy who plays like a pussy.

Ebenezer
12-31-2004, 02:56 PM
..........is that I absolutely hate Jay Mckee. He should just shut the F up. Everytime I hear him he sounds like a bigger ass.
it took the lockout for you to figure it out?

FTG
12-31-2004, 05:22 PM
it took the lockout for you to figure it out?

never paid any attention to what he had to say before. NHL players might as well face it. Most fans are 100% behind the owners and don't wanna hear the "just wanna take care of my family" BS from the players.

Ebenezer
12-31-2004, 08:41 PM
never paid any attention to what he had to say before. NHL players might as well face it. Most fans are 100% behind the owners and don't wanna hear the "just wanna take care of my family" BS from the players.
i agree...the NHL can start up again when the players embrace the concept of a salary cap.

The_Philster
01-01-2005, 06:29 AM
i agree...the NHL can start up again when the players embrace the concept of a salary cap.
http://www.gdnctr.com/hell_freezes.jpg

FTG
01-01-2005, 08:10 AM
http://www.gdnctr.com/hell_freezes.jpg

Then they can start up again with new players. There is going to be a salary cap wether the players like it or not. Most owners are losing less money by not playing so they will just wait the players out.

FTG
01-01-2005, 08:14 AM
There is going to be a salary cap wether the players like it or not. .

The sooner the players get that through thier thick skulls the better off they will be. They can continue to dig thier heals in and the eventually the NHL will just implement a system with new players or they can come to the table and have some sort of say over how the cap will operate.

Myers57
01-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Jay McKee may sound like an ass but the guy does do a lot for the community charity wise. Him and Marty Biron have been at a lot of events in the area especially during the holiday season.

As for starting with new players, it will never happen. The league will gladly wait the players out which may mean 2 season lost of hockey...

Maybe when this season is cancelled later this month the two sides will feel less pressured and will take advantage of the time to come up with proper proposals and negotiations to prevent the league from being in this scenario again next year...

Ebenezer
01-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Jay McKee may sound like an ass but the guy does do a lot for the community charity wise. Him and Marty Biron have been at a lot of events in the area especially during the holiday season.

As for starting with new players, it will never happen. The league will gladly wait the players out which may mean 2 season lost of hockey...

Maybe when this season is cancelled later this month the two sides will feel less pressured and will take advantage of the time to come up with proper proposals and negotiations to prevent the league from being in this scenario again next year...
as for starting with new players....don't bet the farm....a two year lock out could result in many of the players over 30 never coming back.