PDA

View Full Version : Pete Prisco is calling us fans, Bandwagon jumpers!

Michael82
01-01-2005, 05:13 AM
They must have some really good places to hide in the Buffalo area. If I'm ever on the run from the mob, Buffalo is my choice to stay out of harm's way.

Why Buffalo?

Think about it. When the Bills were 0-4, you couldn't find a damn fan anywhere. They never wrote. They never complained. They never sent a nasty e-mail.

Now they're everywhere.

The Bills were moved down one spot in the SportsLine.com Power Rankings this week, despite winning 41-7 in San Francisco, and it made the city hotter than any wing sauce they serve up.

Lava hot.

The Bills are a nice story, winning nine of their past 11 games and six in a row to get back into playoff contention. With a victory and some help, the Bills will make the AFC playoffs. Rallying from 0-4 to do so would be a heck of an accomplishment.

But the Bills fell because I moved the Broncos ahead of them this week. Denver is ahead of them in the tiebreaker in the AFC, so they moved ahead. If Denver wins, they're in. Buffalo would be out. It's that simple.

So relax, Bills fans. I know you're passionate about your team, but where were you in September?

Going over the Falls in a barrel? Hiding out in Toronto? Smothered in wing sauce? It was too early to be buried in snow.

But you certainly were hiding somewhere because nobody heard anything from you. Now we can't get you to stop.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8048619

Michael82
01-01-2005, 05:13 AM
Respond to Prisco right here....
http://cbs.sportsline.com/columns/writers/prisco

Philagape
01-01-2005, 06:42 AM
Considering the venom on this board after the Baltimore loss, I don't disagree at all about the fickleness of fans. To many of us here, the season was over at that point.

The_Philster
01-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Where do you get your piss-poor information? I read your comment on Bills fans being banwagon jumpers and it's the most un-informed piece of drivel I've ever read. We're not a big city as far as the national media goes and if anyone cared to pay attention to Western NY, they'd see some of the most die-hard football fans in the NFL. Do yourself a favor and refrain from writing about the Bills because it's obvious you haven't a clue what you're talking about when it comes to us. response sent

shotgun
01-01-2005, 06:47 AM
i guess he dose not listin to wgr55 or watch our tv stations ...or go on billszone.com because i seen lots of *****ing .... even from my self ..

GO BILLS

Michael82
01-01-2005, 07:23 AM
response sent
Go Phil! Maybe next week he will ***** about our replies to him. :snicker:

Bills 4 life
01-01-2005, 07:48 AM
Prisco is a nobody. All their guys kinda suck. Esp him and Mejia..they both are clueless.

mybills
01-01-2005, 08:17 AM
What a moron. If he only knew how many people have asked me over the last 30 years why I am a Bills fan, and heard my answer, "LOYAL FANS DON'T JUMP OFF THE WAGON WHEN THINGS GET TOUGH".

Just because we don't get all *****y in public like some fans do, doesn't mean we fell off the earth. It's called quietly being patient, and it's called class. Something this guy needs to learn.

FTG
01-01-2005, 08:32 AM
There are a lot of bandwagoners. See the thread about how bills merchandise is flying off the shelves now that they are winning. Still, he does not have to be such an ass. Every city in the league would be the same way. There are people who just won't care until there's excitement and a winner in town.

As to his rankings................any moron can ranks teams based on thier record and playoff ranking. Anyone who thinks Denver is better than Buffalo right now is not to intelligent.

don137
01-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Selling out 7 of 8 games despite the horrid start and less than enticing matchups is far from being on the bandwagon. Just because fans didn't notify the national media that we sucked in the beginning of the season does not mean fans stopped watching and cheering for them. Its not like the team was a hot story the first half of the season. I never read Prisco's coluumns because he continually shows hows little he knows about football. This is just another example.

FTG
01-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Read his response to the last email and you will see why he writes columns like this:

I really wonder how you got this job. Do you understand the fact that almost every NFL message board bad-mouths you.

Derek: I wouldn't have it any other way.

JayWood
01-01-2005, 09:06 AM
What a ****** moron. Yeh we were all upset the way the seaon started and maybe we did write this team off but i never saw anyone jumping off the bandwagon. Unlike the stuck up to good for anyone Patriot fans down here, or i should say pathetic excuse to be football fans, i mean these guys only go to the games because there law firm has season tickets or some politican tries kissing ass so they give there seats to big wigs. When i think of true fans i think of the Buffalo Bills. HEY AFTER 4 STRAIGHT SUPER BOWLS LOSSES IF WE HAVENT GOTTEN OF THE BANDWAGON BY THEN, I WOULD SAY WE ARE ALL ON FOR THE LONG RIDE. PRISCO WAKE UP AND SEE THE BIG PICTURE, TRUE FOOTBALL FANS ARE LOCATED IN WESTERN NEW YORK AND ARE PART OF BUFFALO NATION. WE ALL BILLIEVE. Great response Phil!!! I also gave mr prisco a piece of my mind :fury:

lordofgun
01-01-2005, 09:45 AM
HEY AFTER 4 STRAIGHT SUPER BOWLS LOSSES IF WE HAVENT GOTTEN OF THE BANDWAGON BY THEN, I WOULD SAY WE ARE ALL ON FOR THE LONG RIDE. PRISCO WAKE UP AND SEE THE BIG PICTURE, TRUE FOOTBALL FANS ARE LOCATED IN WESTERN NEW YORK AND ARE PART OF BUFFALO NATION. WE ALL BILLIEVE.
Except for the punctuation, I'd think you were the guy who's selling fake autographs. ;)

The_Philster
01-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Except for the punctuation, I'd think you were the guy who's selling fake autographs. ;)
:spit:

jamze132
01-01-2005, 11:47 AM
I asked him why we sold out 7/8 games this year and informed him that Buffalo has some of the most loyal fans in all sports. Of course we are going to be more excited right now due to the fact that us loyal fans have had a rough 15-20 yrs. Then I called him an A$$ Pirate.

Moulds80
01-01-2005, 12:32 PM
response sent

phil just owned him! :clap: :clap:

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2005, 01:16 PM
I sent one as well. :D

Where is the list of responses?

Iehoshua
01-01-2005, 01:40 PM
response sent
:bf1:

DraftBoy
01-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Reply sent and I hope he reads it and responds

RedEyE
01-01-2005, 03:26 PM
He's probably a Jets fan.

Michael82
01-01-2005, 08:44 PM
I sent one as well. :D

Where is the list of responses?
I'd love to see what you wrote. :snicker:

LtBillsFan66
01-01-2005, 08:50 PM
I agree with him. It's not only Buffalo though. Most "fans" of every team are fair weather fans.

thebuffalobills4
01-01-2005, 08:53 PM
prisco gives the bills no resepect what so ever.he hates us and the fans of buffalo because we are loyal.i hope he burns in hell with his boy friend. :bikerbabe

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2005, 10:31 PM
I'd love to see what you wrote. :snicker: Basically I said to show me a fan base that bangs their chests when their team is 0-4. I also said that on net forums many, many Bills fans were vocal about changes they felt were needed, while other fans said give it time. There was never a point where fans were apathetic like you'd find in another less loyal fan base, e.g., LA. Bills fans are always there, just they will agree/disagree on what is best for the team.

I ended by saying he's not seeing a bandwagon, he is seeing a circling of the wagons. :;

SheltonforPresident
01-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Has Pete said anything positive about the Bills?

CuseJetsFan83
01-01-2005, 11:14 PM
hell even as a biased jets fan, i must admit my 2 previous experiences with the ralph has given me the view of one of the most rabid bunch of football crazed fans ive ever seen, and despite getting completely razzed, i loved EVERY damn minute of it. i can take a loss like a man, the better team won that day

to the upper 300's over to each end zone...... EVERY seat filled....... granted some didnt... bad games/etc.

but those rivalry games.... man i wouldnt even sell my ticket when i was offered 200....... and i was only sec 222

football is life to me......... but its nice to see when reality sets in, that it sometimes is JUST a game.

bob the football fan
01-01-2005, 11:26 PM
WHERE ELSE WOULD YOU RATHER BE THAN RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!!!

I want to get this off my chest RIGHT NOW!!! I became a Bills fan in 1979. The Bills were to win their first divison Title since joining the NFL ten years before. My first game at the Ralph(Rich Stadium as it was known then) was in December 1980 in Driving snow. My Dad and I were up so high and the snow was falling so fast that we could barely see the field ,let alone the football. I have lived through the 1984 & 85 seasons wining a total of FOUR times in thirty two games. It was awful to watch this team play. (When you had the chance). After Kay Stephenson (The only coach worse than Gregg Williams) and Hank Bullough(Who was not much better). Bills fans finally got our saviour as Marv Levy was chosen by Bill Polian to become head Coach. Four divion Titles, two wild card spotsand four consecutive Trips to the Super Bowl followed.

Then the lean years came. Johnson V Flutie, The Music City Miracle, no playoffs hope and dispair in abundence. It's been Five years and finally the playoffs are a win, and some help away from reality.

It's easy to be a fan when your team is successful. But a real fan is one who sticks with the team when nothing is going right. Hey I could have given up when the Bills were in the midst of theirn worst 32 game streach in team history. Guess what, I knew that it was only a matter of time when my team would be a winner. Through thick and thin I stuck by My Bills. I was finally rewarded with the Bills of the early 1990's. I know that things looked bleak earlier in the season but I was not going to give up following my team. Just like the players, I enjoyed the wins was disappointed with the loses and then looked forward to the following week. Even if the Bills fail to make the playoffs tomorrow, I will be proud of what was accomplished and look forward to the opening of Training Camp next August. That's the way it is and the way it will always be.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob the football fan
01-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I know the Bills did not win the Divison Title until 1980.

Iehoshua
01-02-2005, 12:16 AM

I want to get this off my chest RIGHT NOW!!! I became a Bills fan in 1979. The Bills were to win their first divison Title since joining the NFL ten years before. My first game at the Ralph(Rich Stadium as it was known then) was in December 1980 in Driving snow. My Dad and I were up so high and the snow was falling so fast that we could barely see the field ,let alone the football. I have lived through the 1984 & 85 seasons wining a total of FOUR times in thirty two games. It was awful to watch this team play. (When you had the chance). After Kay Stephenson (The only coach worse than Gregg Williams) and Hank Bullough(Who was not much better). Bills fans finally got our saviour as Marv Levy was chosen by Bill Polian to become head Coach. Four divion Titles, two wild card spotsand four consecutive Trips to the Super Bowl followed.

Then the lean years came. Johnson V Flutie, The Music City Miracle, no playoffs hope and dispair in abundence. It's been Five years and finally the playoffs are a win, and some help away from reality.

It's easy to be a fan when your team is successful. But a real fan is one who sticks with the team when nothing is going right. Hey I could have given up when the Bills were in the midst of theirn worst 32 game streach in team history. Guess what, I knew that it was only a matter of time when my team would be a winner. Through thick and thin I stuck by My Bills. I was finally rewarded with the Bills of the early 1990's. I know that things looked bleak earlier in the season but I was not going to give up following my team. Just like the players, I enjoyed the wins was disappointed with the loses and then looked forward to the following week. Even if the Bills fail to make the playoffs tomorrow, I will be proud of what was accomplished and look forward to the opening of Training Camp next August. That's the way it is and the way it will always be.

:bf1:

SABuffalo786
01-02-2005, 03:12 AM
Don't bother responding to the clown. It's exactly what he wants. Not even worth the effort. He knows he's a useless hack and that we're the best fans in the NFL. No need to reaffirm it to him.

Jan Reimers
01-02-2005, 05:05 AM

Great job. Hope you sent this to Prisco. I emailed him a few thoughts of mine.

SABURZFAN
01-02-2005, 06:03 AM
Prisco can suck my ass. :mad:

SABURZFAN
01-02-2005, 06:18 AM

:roflmao:

mybills
01-02-2005, 07:35 AM
Through thick and thin I stuck by My Bills.

And I appreciate it! :up:

Ebenezer
01-02-2005, 07:41 AM
I am so proud of the fans on this board....good job guys....

I was in Florida for two weeks...talk about bandwagoneers...check out the attendance at the Jags game last week...their own newspaper was shocked at the poor turnout...and they have only had their team 10 years and are getting the SB this year.

Cntrygal
01-02-2005, 05:13 PM

rep. :up: