PDA

View Full Version : SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT...

bob the football fan
01-01-2005, 05:55 PM
WHERE WOULD YOU RATHER BE THAN RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Well, I dont know about Yall, but I am really looking forward to tomorrow's game. It's nice that the Final game of the year actually means more than it has in the past five years. I believe that the Bills will win tomorrow and the other things that need to happen will. With the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series, something last done eighty six years ago a question begs to be asked. After making the playoffs, is this the year the Bills win it all???
There are some paralells. Red Sox :Manager Terry Francona(First year with the Red Sox) Bills: Head Coach Mike Malarkey(First year as Head Coach with Bills. The Red Sox won the World's Championship, as a Wild Card entrant. The Bills would enter the Playoffs with a wild card spot. The Red Sox players were led by Johnny Damon a confident team leader who believed in his teams abilities. The Bills are led by Takeo Spikes, who has the players, as well as the fans believeing that just about anything is possible.
The Red Sox, overcame a three games to none deficit, to beat the Yankees, and advance to and win the World Series. Hopefully by 7:00 PM, the Bills will have overcome a 0-4 start to reach the playoffs.
Maybe I will be wrong, and the Bills trip to the playoffs will somehow be derailed. At least it's something to think about.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :feedback: :feedback:

MustWin
01-01-2005, 06:02 PM
AMEN BRUTHA!!!

LETSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOO BUFFFFALLLLLOOOOOOO!!!

Jersey1031
01-01-2005, 06:49 PM
I absolutley hate the red sox and anything to do with them, and would never compare them to the BILLS. that aside we are due for a miracle too though:pray:

bob the football fan
01-01-2005, 07:22 PM
The reason I use the Red Sox is because as I said there were paralles(SIC) between the Sox's season, and the season the Bills are having.
BTW i'm a Yankees fan(since '78)

Jersey1031
01-01-2005, 07:37 PM
i understand, im a hardcore yankee fan too. i just really hate the red sox...hah

:monkeyp:boston...

Jersey1031
01-01-2005, 07:41 PM
nothing against you**

BSXIII
01-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Great post! I’m a Red Sox fan, and have also picked up on a lot of parallels between the 2 teams. Much like the Bills, the Red Sox knew going into the season that they were a very talented team, but were never able to pull it together and get the results they wanted. They just seemed to be too up tight, unable to take the pressure or play as a team. Then when they had their backs to the wall and just about everyone gave up on them, they loosened up and everything seemed to fall into place. And for once, fate seemed to be on their side.

Like the Bills, the Red Sox had a history of underachieving and coming up short, and it seemed like everyone was convinced that was their fate. Since their last World Series win in 1918, the Red Sox were 0-4 in the World Series, losing in a decisive 7th game each time. Early in the season they were living up to their reputation as they always found ways to beat themselves. IMO, a lot of it was due to each player trying to do too much. For example rather then making a routine defensive play, a fielder would try to pull off a spectacular double play. A relief pitcher would give up too many walks trying to make a perfect pitch. Hitters would swing for the fences when simply advancing base runners would do, and they had a severe case of over aggressive base running, especially late in the game. I’m sure we can all think of times where we’ve seen the Bills do similar things.

Now here is where I see the main similarity. It was when both teams looked like they were going to succumb to their fate that they loosened up a bit and really came together as a team. They started doing the routine things rather than trying for the spectacular and trusting their teammates to do the same. All of a sudden things just started falling into place and with every game their confidence and performance got higher and higher. The lucky bounces that have always killed the team were all of a sudden going in their favor, and they had a certain confidence that they could overcome anything. The Bills are showing signs of this now, let’s hope it keeps up.

BILLIEVE

Mr. Miyagi
01-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Good post Bob. I hope you're right too. :miyagi:

Maybe Prisco is on the right track. This entire thread is full of posters I've never heard of before. :eek: Not that there's anything wrong with it. :up:

bob the football fan
01-01-2005, 10:43 PM
I have been a member of this board since August of '03. I am in and out due to problems with my computer. Just got back after having it looked at and repaired

jamze132
01-02-2005, 08:53 AM
I'm a Mets fan and know what it's like to lose. I expect it. It has been too long since one of my teams have won a championship so I will be fine with whatever happens today at The Ralph.

Morgoth
01-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Where would I rather be? If you put a gun to my head and I had to choose... I'd say knee deep in Thai hookers loaded on vicodin and Jack Daniels. That's just off the top of my head it may be a little misguided.