PDA

View Full Version : All the Drew supporters please sign in...

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 02:39 PM
So we can laugh at you.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 02:43 PM
Somebody????

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 02:54 PM
"It is a team game"

"Drew didn't let the Steelers offense score"

"Funny, I thought there were 10 other players on the Blils offense"

"The weather was terrible"

....some of the quotes you will see soon.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 02:55 PM
"It is a team game"

Yep. I'm sure that I will see some good ones. I can't wait.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 02:59 PM
You know what man? For a mod you are terrible at times. I can't believe you are a mod and are also allowed to goad others into arguments.

It IS a team game by the way.

Iehoshua
01-02-2005, 03:01 PM
You know what man? For a mod you are terrible at times. I can't believe you are a mod and are also allowed to goad others into arguments.

It's even more terrible there are those who still insist on defending an inept player.. Just my opinion!
:peace:

Devin
01-02-2005, 03:01 PM
no witty comments.....no funny comments....just plain and simple....

I hate Drew Bledsoe.

FTG
01-02-2005, 03:02 PM

I did'nt hear you *****ing when Dozer started a goading thread last week I guess it's ok from Drew supporting mods :up:

FTG
01-02-2005, 03:03 PM

I hate Drew Bledsoe.

ditto.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 03:03 PM

:wail: Reality sucks, doesn't it?

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 03:04 PM
I did'nt hear you *****ing when Dozer started a goading thread last week I guess it's ok from Drew supporting mods :up:

Yep. But I'm suddenly a horrible mod because I dare post about how bad Drew played.

illusionone
01-02-2005, 03:05 PM
So we can laugh at you.
I think you mean Bills fans

kgun12
01-02-2005, 03:06 PM
"It is a team game"

The biggest game of the year (only cause drew sucked so bad in the first 4) and Bledsoe looked like a F***ing rookie. I can't believe people defend him. BTW if you care to check he really wasn't all that good during the win streak. 51.7 passer rating for the Cleveland game! He sucks and it's time he goes bury his head in the sand. Oh wait that's what he has been doing for the last yea and a half!

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 03:06 PM
I think you mean Bills fans

Well right now, the Jets and Broncos are probably Drews biggest fans!!

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 03:10 PM

I guess it is a little different when you are starting a thread and say "so we can laugh at you"

Must feel GREAT to feel superior and be right all the time.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 03:12 PM
I guess it is a little different when you are starting a thread and say "so we can laugh at you"

Must feel GREAT to feel superior and be right all the time.

Any Drew supporters need to be laughed at. They are in denial.

hemi13
01-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Find something else to ***** about. We were beat my a bunch of second stringers!!!!!!

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 03:41 PM
***BUMP*****

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm going to keep bumping this until all the Drew lovers are home from the game.

fushetti
01-02-2005, 04:40 PM
I've been a huge Drew apologist. I like the guy, but he's not good anymore.
With that said, I think the Bills offensive coaches choked as well.

Is Losman ready yet? I don't know. I'll be interested to see what happens.

honey
01-02-2005, 04:44 PM
You can laugh at me - I've been a Drew fan for a long time. I'm pissed off today, though. I hope Losman gets the start next year. :mad:

honey
01-02-2005, 04:45 PM
And, cherno - AWM is awesome, he's not a bad mod at all. :(

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 04:45 PM
:lolpoint: Honey

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 04:46 PM
And, cherno - AWM is awesome, he's not a bad mod at all. :(

Thanks Honey. Cherno is just pissed about the loss, it's cool.

Tatonka
01-02-2005, 04:48 PM
i support TKO nailing drew w/ a karate chops to drew's throwing arm so drew can never lift it above his shoulder again...

does that make me a "drew supporter"?

Iehoshua
01-02-2005, 04:52 PM
i support TKO nailing drew w/ a karate chops to drew's throwing arm so drew can never lift it above his shoulder again...

does that make me a "drew supporter"?
Remember this back in preseason '02 when Takeo was still a Bengal?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0811/1416821.html

''I caught Bledsoe and I slipped off him and he was falling,'' Spikes said. ''I was trying to go for the extra effort and pick him up and trying to dump him..."

Oh if only...
:snicker:

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks Honey. Cherno is just pissed about the loss, it's cool.

:D

I DO still think it is baiting to start this thread that says you will laugh at those who supported the QB for this team.

I know we are ALL pissed about us not winning. I don't remember Dozer's thread either but I think there are a LOT of threads that are started to bait the other.

I will support whoever is the starter next year. I will say that I wouldn't mind seeing someone else under center next year. Especially if we could get something for Drew in a trade or he takes another huge paycut to be a backup. I just don't see any of those things happening.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 04:53 PM
I'm going to keep bumping this until all the Drew lovers are home from the game.

Might as well bump it tomorrow. I saw MBB at the bar last night and I don't think he will be back home until tomorrow.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Might as well bump it tomorrow. I saw MBB at the bar last night and I don't think he will be back home until tomorrow.

I'm mainly referring to another mod who has been MIA today and I assume was at the game. ;)

BSXIII
01-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Drew could have played better, but so couldn't a lot of guys. Pittsburgh was getting great pressure rushing 4 men, and when they rushed 5 guys had people coming in unblocked. Take into account the Bills are playing without their top 2 TE's and Moulds is struggling. No QB is gonna do well agaist a defense as good as Pittsburgh's in that situation.

honey
01-02-2005, 04:58 PM
I feel really bad, I supported Drew from the get go and he's not lived up to my expectations. I'll support whoever is put in next year, but I'm hoping it's Losman or Matthews. :(

McGaheehee
01-02-2005, 04:58 PM

I hate Drew Bledsoe.
Short but Sweet. Works for me :)

honey
01-02-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm mainly referring to another mod who has been MIA today and I assume was at the game. ;)
Ohhhhh, clumpy.....:snicker:

justasportsfan
01-02-2005, 04:59 PM

It IS a team game by the way.yup, Willis did his part, the D got some TO's what did Drew do? Nothing. It's time to move on. 3 years has passed how much longer are you willing to wait before the bengals and Cardinals beat us to a sb? SD is a lot closer than we are.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Ohhhhh, clumpy.....:snicker:

Nope.

Begins with D..... ;)

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 05:01 PM

Oh, there were a couple of those.

honey
01-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Dozer and cp? :snicker:

BillsFever21
01-02-2005, 05:03 PM
A few of our favorite homers should be back from the game soon. They are probably planning out their excuses on the ride home.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Dozer and cp? :snicker:

Also happens to be one of the biggest Lindell supporters as well. I smell a lot of roasted crow being served. :snicker:

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 05:05 PM
yup, Willis did his part, the D got some TO's what did Drew do? Nothing. It's time to move on. 3 years has passed how much longer are you willing to wait before the bengals and Cardinals beat us to a sb? SD is a lot closer than we are.

Yep and SD drafted Rivers to be their QB of the future. I would hate to be in that position. What do they do next year? Yes D got turnovers, but gave up a few drives that I didn't think they would. ST really screwed it up missing a chip shot field goal and fumbling once. Their coverage units weren't that good either and they had a crapload of penatlies again.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Also happens to be one of the biggest Lindell supporters as well. I smell a lot of roasted crow being served. :snicker:

What about Mikey?

BillsFever21
01-02-2005, 05:06 PM
What about Mikey?
Who cares what Mikey thinks. He changes his mind 3 times a year on whether he likes or hates a certain player.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 05:07 PM
What about Mikey?

What about him? Is he a Drew/Lindell lover? I don't pay attention to his posts. :dance:

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 05:11 PM
A few of our favorite homers should be back from the game soon. They are probably planning out their excuses on the ride home.
:lmao:

Pos rep coming.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 05:13 PM

I bet they post as Drew haters. They'll play it off like they never were Drew boot lickers and hope we don't notice.

Iehoshua
01-02-2005, 05:14 PM
I bet they post as Drew haters. They'll play it off like they never were Drew boot lickers and hope we don't notice.
Impossible.

The DLC membership roster is well documented. I can smell one of'em a mile away. They cannot hide now.

http://maialino.clarence.com/archive/images/lord-of-the-rings-ii-eye-of-sauron.jpg
I see them...

justasportsfan
01-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Yep and SD drafted Rivers to be their QB of the future. I would hate to be in that position. What do they do next year? Yes D got turnovers, but gave up a few drives that I didn't think they would. ST really screwed it up missing a chip shot field goal and fumbling once. Their coverage units weren't that good either and they had a crapload of penatlies again.What? A playoff appearance? I would love to be in their position. Having a probowl qb and a potentially good qb waiting? The position we are in is, we have an overpaid hasbeen who's only reason for being in here is because of a Gen. Mgr/Pres. who is too stupid to admit his mistake by insisting on Drew w/ a potentially good player (JP) waiting and no playoffs.

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Impossible.

The DLC membership roster is well documented. I can smell one of'em a mile away. They cannot hide now.

http://maialino.clarence.com/archive/images/lord-of-the-rings-ii-eye-of-sauron.jpg
I see them...
:lmao:

The Fellowship of the Drew.

paladin warrior
01-02-2005, 06:09 PM
DREW is a DROP DEAD

mybills
01-02-2005, 06:10 PM
I feel really bad, I supported Drew from the get go and he's not lived up to my expectations. :(

Hey :evil: quad, mom was prego with trips and your dad came along. Get it now? :D

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey :evil: quad, mom was prego with trips and your dad came along. Get it now? :D

:huh:

don137
01-02-2005, 06:23 PM
I just don't get why so many people love Drew. Its not good when the best you hope for is that your QB does not make mistakes that are costly to the outcome of the game. Drew can not win in crunch time or play without multiple costly mistakes ina big game. He does not have great touch on short and medium passes, he is immobile and has no pocket awareness. Not exactly traits you want in your QB..

cordog
01-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Ill sign. Im not ashamed to admit that I support Drew.

McGaheehee
01-02-2005, 06:27 PM
To tell you the truth, im not sure you could find anyone in Western NY, outside of Steelers, Jets & Broncos fans, that are fans of Drew right now.

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 06:27 PM
I just don't get why so many people love Drew. Its not good when the best you hope for is that your QB does not make mistakes that are costly to the outcome of the game. Drew can not win in crunch time or play without multiple costly mistakes ina big game. He does not have great touch on short and medium passes, he is immobile and has no pocket awareness. Not exactly traits you want in your QB..
I and other "haters" have been saying this since the offseason. I don't get it either but hopefully now the DLC will finally see him for what he is....an overpriced backup QB at best.

McGaheehee
01-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Whoops. Spoke too soon.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 06:29 PM

You're probably the only one with enough guts to admit it. All the others will either claim they never supported him or just not post here.

cordog
01-02-2005, 06:33 PM
I support him because i want the bills to win, not because i'm in love with him or anything. If they cut him tomorrow, I would say, good luck to you, and i would move on to our next QB.

McGaheehee
01-02-2005, 06:34 PM
I think the thing that made it worse today, besides being the biggest game in 3 years, was how bad he passed. He was picked once and there were two other times on top of that where he SHOULD have been picked. His passes were consistently low OR way high and flying away from the recievers. I remember 2 specific receptions where Moulds had to jump AND grab the ball as it was moving AWAY from him. Aside from the hideous passing, his complete inability to sense pressure or recognize a Blitz is astounding. The guy cant see it coming, which is beyond me b/c if Im a QB and I suddenly see 2 guys rushing me from the secondary, I think Id sorta pick up on the fact that a) Im being Blitzed and b) Id better do something about it. But Bledsoe? He just stands there holding the ball for too long, gets sacked or fumbles the ball for the defense to take it in for a score. Whatever all the Drew fans say, today he completely stunk.

Lindell? Hes a whole other slice of crap pie for another day. But Drew blew.

cordog
01-02-2005, 06:38 PM
I heard on the way home on the radio that on a few plays the recievers were suppose to adjust their routes because the Blitz was coming, and they never did, thats why a few of those passes looked like that. I remember the lee evans one for sure. Bledsoe did throw some bad ones today, but some of them were on his receivers.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 06:38 PM
What? A playoff appearance? I would love to be in their position. Having a probowl qb and a potentially good qb waiting? The position we are in is, we have an overpaid hasbeen who's only reason for being in here is because of a Gen. Mgr/Pres. who is too stupid to admit his mistake by insisting on Drew w/ a potentially good player (JP) waiting and no playoffs.

Brees was almost released at the beginning of this year. One of the main reasons why San Deigo is winning is because of their defense.

I'm just saying that when they lose, and they will lose (maybe even to the Jets), they will have a high first round pick just wasting away on the bench.

All I'm saying is that in the biggest game of the season at home, the whole team took a major dump, especially our ST. Drew came up short again too, he deserves a bunch of the blame, but not all of it.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Brees was almost released at the beginning of this year. One of the main reasons why San Deigo is winning is because of their defense.

I'm just saying that when they lose, and they will lose (maybe even to the Jets), they will have a high first round pick just wasting away on the bench.

All I'm saying is that in the biggest game of the season at home, the whole team took a major dump, especially our ST. Drew came up short again too, he deserves a bunch of the blame, but not all of it.

I posted this in another thread but it actually fits your comment better...

And the rest of the team has carried him all season. This game the rest of the team was flat and all he had to do was play solid football and we win. One freaking game out of the entire year where we needed him to really step it up and he failed miserably.

Lindell is to blame as well but we all knew he sucked and his miss shouldn't surprise anybody around here. That missed FG could have easily been overcome if Drew just does the basics correctly. Instead, Drew goes into "stupid" mode and does his damndest to give the game away.

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Nobody is placing ALL of the blame on Drew. At least not me. But as I said to cordog, you have to admit that it is pretty coincidental that when playing against good teams in big games, Drew loses. And this is irrespective of the circumstances or teams involved. At some point you just have to say he can't do it, and that point is now.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 06:42 PM
You're probably the only one with enough guts to admit it. All the others will either claim they never supported him or just not post here.

What? I supported him all season and if he is our starter next season I will support him then as well. I just don't happen to think that every win or loss happens to fall at the QBs feet. Many here will only agree with half of this.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 06:43 PM
What? I supported him all season and if he is our starter next season I will support him then as well. I just don't happen to think that every win or loss happens to fall at the QBs feet. Many here will only agree with half of this.

Well, we won 9 games this year in spite of Drew. When we finally needed him to step up he failed miserably.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Nobody is placing ALL of the blame on Drew. At least not me. But as I said to cordog, you have to admit that it is pretty coincidental that when playing against good teams in big games, Drew loses. And this is irrespective of the circumstances or teams involved. At some point you just have to say he can't do it, and that point is now.

I happen to think that the six previous games were pretty big as well since if we has lost one of them we would have been eliminated from the playoffs. Then the JP era could have begun earlier.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 06:46 PM
I happen to think that the six previous games were pretty big as well since if we has lost one of them we would have been eliminated from the playoffs. Then the JP era could have begun earlier.

And Drew did nothing in those six to help us win. Look at the Seattle game...3 INT's for cripes sake. We won IN SPITE of having Drew .

BSXIII
01-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Bledsoe is taking way too much of the blame. He didn't play great by any stretch of the imagination, but 15-1 teams tend to do that to QB's. He struggled early on, but had his moments also. The long sustained drive in the third quarter that resulted in a missed field goal went really well. The fumble/interception (whatever it was ruled) was the result of a very good play by the Steelers defense. They confused the o-line, had 2 guys come in unblocked, one defender hit him as he was about to throw and the second defender caught the ball in mid air and returned it. Besides that, he moved the offense well in the 2nd half, and I felt if they had another possession would have scored and won the game.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Well, we won 9 games this year in spite of Drew. When we finally needed him to step up he failed miserably.

See, no credit for any wins but full blame for every loss. I know if Clements knocks down that ball in the first game we would be in the playoffs, but if Drew justs hits that one pass in that same game on 3rd and whatever we would have put it away. We can put the blame on different people for just about every game.

A TRUE Drew hater won't even give the guy credit for ANY Bills victory. It would be like admiting that he doesn't suck ALL the time. :shakeno:

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 06:48 PM
The other games were against horrible, losing teams. And the one game agsint a winning team (Seattle) he threw 3 picks. It just supports the argument even more that he can't win big games against *good* teams.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 06:49 PM
And Drew did nothing in those six to help us win. Look at the Seattle game...3 INT's for cripes sake. We won IN SPITE of having Drew .

He did nothing the Miami away game to help us win?

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 06:51 PM
See, no credit for any wins but full blame for every loss. I know if Clements knocks down that ball in the first game we would be in the playoffs, but if Drew justs hits that one pass in that same game on 3rd and whatever we would have put it away. We can put the blame on different people for just about every game.

A TRUE Drew hater won't even give the guy credit for ANY Bills victory. It would be like admiting that he doesn't suck ALL the time. :shakeno:

Show me what he did that was so special that any other 2nd stringer couldn't do?

The entire offense of our team was based on Drew not making mistakes. That mentality is exactly what teams use when a starter goes down to injury and the backup comes in.

We won games because Drew didn't make enough mistakes to cost us the game. That is a pathetic way to lead a team.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 06:52 PM
The other games were against horrible, losing teams. And the one game agsint a winning team (Seattle) he threw 3 picks. It just supports the argument even more that he can't win big games against *good* teams.

Miami went on to beat NE. I don't take the horrible losing teams arguement. Obviously we won't change each other's minds. I understand, you don't want him as QB, he didn't do a thing to help them win one game, there is no way he could ever direct a winning football team and he could never beat a team with a winning record.

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 06:55 PM
he could never beat a team with a winning record.Let me ask you this.....how many times this year did he beat a team with a winning record? Is that the kind of QB you want on your team? If so, then yes, we are of very different mindsets. I truly can't believe you are still clinging on at this point. Did you ever give up on RJ? Or do you think he should still be here?

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Show me what he did that was so special that any other 2nd stringer couldn't do?

The entire offense of our team was based on Drew not making mistakes. That mentality is exactly what teams use when a starter goes down to injury and the backup comes in.

We won games because Drew didn't make enough mistakes to cost us the game. That is a pathetic way to lead a team.

That is how to be successful. Not to make mistakes. Because we don't have a Brett Favre, Dan Marino or John Elway we just dump all over the guy? People are too damned spoiled by having Kelly.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 07:08 PM
That is how to be successful. Not to make mistakes. Because we don't have a Brett Favre, Dan Marino or John Elway we just dump all over the guy? People are too damned spoiled by having Kelly.

Kelly hasn't played in almost a decade. We hardly expect his kind of play.

Hell, give me a Trent Dilfer. At least he doesn't make the mistakes Drew does.

The Ravens are proof that you don't need a Farve to win, just a QB that can maintain. Something Drew can't do.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Let me ask you this.....how many times this year did he beat a team with a winning record? Is that the kind of QB you want on your team? If so, then yes, we are of very different mindsets. I truly can't believe you are still clinging on at this point. Did you ever give up on RJ? Or do you think he should still be here?

Actually, I never gave up on Flutie. I never wanted Johnson, but I supported him when he was our QB. I wasn't going around saying "Well, I HOPE he wins but in all likelihood, he will blow it".

I would LOVE to have a QB slinging it around the field and beating winning teams consistantly, but HOF QBs like Montana, Marino, Elway, etc. don't come around very often. If you can find a decent QB that gives your team a decent chance to win, you keep him.

I know we have different outlooks on things. I don't go around spoiling everyone else's good mood by telling them that they will never win the lottery, that they probably will not get a better job and that the Bills probably won't make the playoffs. I don't have an overly optomistic view of things, but I like to actually have hope without others trying to rain on my parade.

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Are you REALLY saying you think Drew did a good job this year and deserves to start next year? Do you think he is worth $6M+? Remember, all those QBs you mentioned make the same kind of money. If Drew made $1M then you can expect less. However he was bought and brought here as a FRANCHISE QB.

Do you think Drew is a franchise QB?

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 07:16 PM
I f you can find a decent QB that gives your team a decent chance to win, you keep him.
Referring to my post above, do you pay a "decent" QB $6M+? And I dunno about you, but I want better than decent. Doesn't have to be HoF'er, but I'm not satisfied with decent chances to win.

I know we have different outlooks on things. I don't go around spoiling everyone else's good mood by telling them that they will never win the lottery, that they probably will not get a better job and that the Bills probably won't make the playoffs. I don't have an overly optomistic view of things, but I like to actually have hope without others trying to rain on my parade.
I guess we also have different views on what an internet forum is. A forum to me is a place to exchange different opinions, not somewhere where everyone meets to blow sunshine up their butts just for the sake of it. If there is something to cheer about, I cheer. If there is something I think is wrong, I jeer.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Kelly hasn't played in almost a decade. We hardly expect his kind of play.

Hell, give me a Trent Dilfer. At least he doesn't make the mistakes Drew does.

The Ravens are proof that you don't need a Farve to win, just a QB that can maintain. Something Drew can't do.

Dilfer isn't even starting anymore. His nine game stats in Baltimore's SB year

1502 yards, 12 TDs, 11 INTs . Doesn't look like he did much of anything at all.

His career numbers 17,031 yards 95 TDs, 105 INTs. But he is a SB winning QB so he MUST be better.

The Ravens our out of the playoffs too this year. I guess they could have used a LITTLE bit better QB.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Are you REALLY saying you think Drew did a good job this year and deserves to start next year? Do you think he is worth $6M+? Remember, all those QBs you mentioned make the same kind of money. If Drew made $1M then you can expect less. However he was bought and brought here as a FRANCHISE QB.

Do you think Drew is a franchise QB?

Let's see.
Two part question first, yes and I don't know, I would think it will be found out in TC.
No.
No.

I don't get all hung up on the money as some others do. It wasn't MY idea to pay him that money. He is getting paid what he is and I have no effect on it. As a matter of fact, if they paid Losman that kind of money I don't think it would elevate his play either. I don't think he gets much more than about half of NFL QBs make. McNair really sucked this year, should he take a pay cut?

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Dilfer isn't even starting anymore. His nine game stats in Baltimore's SB year

1502 yards, 12 TDs, 11 INTs . Doesn't look like he did much of anything at all.

His career numbers 17,031 yards 95 TDs, 105 INTs. But he is a SB winning QB so he MUST be better.

The Ravens our out of the playoffs too this year. I guess they could have used a LITTLE bit better QB.

What did Dilfer do that year that Drew didn't do this year? NOT make mistakes that cost his team.

Go back and watch Dilfer and compare him to Bledsoe. It's not even a contest. Dilfer didn't choke in big games like Drew does.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 07:25 PM
I guess we also have different views on what an internet forum is. A forum to me is a place to exchange different opinions, not somewhere where everyone meets to blow sunshine up their butts just for the sake of it. If there is something to cheer about, I cheer. If there is something I think is wrong, I jeer.

I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion or your chance to post it. I just think to see week after week how he will blow it starts to grate on the nerves. You know, the Bills were NOT going to win the SB this year, so you were bound to be right. Also, the way the Bills offense is fairly conservative, it was a good guess that he was never going to put up gaudy numbers.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 07:34 PM
What did Dilfer do that year that Drew didn't do this year? NOT make mistakes that cost his team.

Go back and watch Dilfer and compare him to Bledsoe. It's not even a contest. Dilfer didn't choke in big games like Drew does.

It was one season and even when he did have a bad throw or bad game the defense bailed him out. Brad Johnson also won a SB with a great defense and didn't have good numbers.

All I'm saying is that the whole team was a big letdown today. From Drew on down. Damn, as a player if you think the offense won't score then defensively you have to step it up. They really didn't against a team that was resting a lot of its starters.

Drew threw a few really bad balls today. Actually, I thought the only INT wasn't as bad as some of the others. That one was to the TE who let the LB step in front (through) him to take the ball away. It was a good play by the LB. McGahee was very good at times and at other times looked was stuffed at the line leaving us in third and long. They converted a lot of their third downs and we couldn't convert ours. Some were because of drops (although a couple of them were probably going to be short of a first down anyway)and some were just bad or screwed up plays.

DaBills
01-02-2005, 07:38 PM
"But he is a SB winning QB so he MUST be better"

SB win does not mean a QB is necessarily better. Dilfer just never did the things to directly affect the game in a negative way that Drew does. And Drew got props during his recent win streak too because he seemed to be on track. Today, he did not do the things well he did in those wins.

That fumble/int play is a perfect example. This wasn't a 1-sec and it's a jail-break on Drew. He had at least 4 secs, (Tivo it and count), where he locked in downfield on the WR without ONCE looking to his right or even moving out of the way!

I can see a left-handed QB like Young getting blindsided, but this is prototypical Drew. That was the play of the game that killed a drive and momentum.

To be fair to Drew, there were also a few plays where the OL got overwhelmed. On one play, only 3 rushed and our 6 couldn't stop the NT from coming around and sacking him. Disgusting enough but Drew just stands there. Since you asked, these are the cases where Drew directly contributes to killing drives and/or losing the game.

DaBills
01-02-2005, 07:49 PM
From Drew on down. Damn, as a player if you think the offense won't score then defensively you have to step it up. They really didn't against a team that was resting a lot of its starters.

Drew threw a few really bad balls today. Actually, I thought the only INT wasn't as bad as some of the others.

All INTs are bad. TO's will kill you. All things being equal, whoever wins the TO battle usually wins, unless your O can overcome that, (Like a Warner with the Rams. They didn't care about INT's because they knew they'd score so damn much.)

The D came out stronger than the O early. Count how many times the D kept Pitt out of the endzone and the game within reach. Or ST giving Drew good starting position, only to squander it. Drew is not a QB that can afford to take a quarter or two to warm up. I know we're in trouble when Drew misfires on the first two drives. We don't have that luxury because other teams get up on us that way.

He's been that way all year. He didn't even sustain a drive early. He went 3-and-out, doing all the things he does when the team loses: INCs behind guys, (only 3 drops by WR's today, so keep that excuse), locked in on guys deep, firing balls at guy's feet.

I though these are basic mechanics things for a QB, aren't they? He throws a fade and a deep out. Aside from that, what else does he got? A screen pass is supposed to be a soft touch, not a ****ing rocket.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 07:49 PM

SB win does not mean a QB is necessarily better. Dilfer just never did the things to directly affect the game in a negative way that Drew does. And Drew got props during his recent win streak too because he seemed to be on track. Today, he did not do the things well he did in those wins.

That fumble/int play is a perfect example. This wasn't a 1-sec and it's a jail-break on Drew. He had at least 4 secs, (Tivo it and count), where he locked in downfield on the WR without ONCE looking to his right or even moving out of the way!

I can see a left-handed QB like Young getting blindsided, but this is prototypical Drew. That was the play of the game that killed a drive and momentum.

To be fair to Drew, there were also a few plays where the OL got overwhelmed. On one play, only 3 rushed and our 6 couldn't stop the NT from coming around and sacking him. Disgusting enough but Drew just stands there. Since you asked, these are the cases where Drew directly contributes to killing drives and/or losing the game.

Qbs get sacked. It's part of the game. I think as the season wore on Drew got sacked quite a bit less. I sometimes think it is incredible that he didn't see the guy coming at times from his right. He must have very poor periferal vision. That was one play. He didn't make enough positive plays, on that I won't argue with you. I also only saw him pass deep once. Maybe that was because they kept getting to him very quickly and they didn't have time to let the play develop. I was more upset about how we couldn't run on them at will. I think McGahee got all of his yards on two drives.

bob the football fan
01-02-2005, 08:04 PM
[FONT=Times New Roman]WHERE WOULD YOU RATHER BE THAN RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!!!

I do not care about all those who want to send Drew Bledsoe out of town on a rail. I think that he is the best QB at this point to get the Bills to the playoffs in '05. JP Losman will not be ready, next season. The bottom line in my opinion is this. Tom Donahoe and Mike Malrakey must decide if the 2005 Buffalo Bills are ready to seriously contend for the playoffs. If they are then they MUST keep Drew. If Mr Donahoe and Coach Malarkey feel that this team is two years or more from being a legitimate playoff contender than the Bills should at least move Drew to Second string, or let him go. I beileve the Bills will be in the Playoffs next season so I think that the Bills MUST keep NO. 11

BTW, just like the previous six victories, this loss was a team effort and to blame one person is nothing less than stupid.

11 Penalties/ 3 turnovers/8:53 minute drive/Missed field goal

All of this was not done by just one person.
All three phases failed, not just one person
Too many lost opportunities means no playoffs

IT WAS NOT JUST ONE PERSON!!!!

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 08:11 PM

:10:

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 08:13 PM
I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion or your chance to post it. I just think to see week after week how he will blow it starts to grate on the nerves. You know, the Bills were NOT going to win the SB this year, so you were bound to be right. Also, the way the Bills offense is fairly conservative, it was a good guess that he was never going to put up gaudy numbers.Where did I say anything about "gaudy numbers"? I didn't. I said he would CHOKE in a big game against a good team. I was right. It was an easy call, given his history.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 08:15 PM
All INTs are bad. TO's will kill you. All things being equal, whoever wins the TO battle usually wins, unless your O can overcome that, (Like a Warner with the Rams. They didn't care about INT's because they knew they'd score so damn much.)

The D came out stronger than the O early. Count how many times the D kept Pitt out of the endzone and the game within reach. Or ST giving Drew good starting position, only to squander it. Drew is not a QB that can afford to take a quarter or two to warm up. I know we're in trouble when Drew misfires on the first two drives. We don't have that luxury because other teams get up on us that way.

He's been that way all year. He didn't even sustain a drive early. He went 3-and-out, doing all the things he does when the team loses: INCs behind guys, (only 3 drops by WR's today, so keep that excuse), locked in on guys deep, firing balls at guy's feet.

I though these are basic mechanics things for a QB, aren't they? He throws a fade and a deep out. Aside from that, what else does he got? A screen pass is supposed to be a soft touch, not a ****ing rocket.

Pitt gets a field goal after our ST screw up.
Bills go three and out with Drew throwing behind a receiver and almost being INT then gets sacked on third and 10.
Pitt fumbles on next possession and Bills take it in 5 plays from midfield on four McGahee runs and one Bledsoe pass.
Buffalo then has a poor kickoff, lets the guy return it 20 yards and adds another STs penalty. Pitt then scores in 6 plays from Buffalo 49.
Bledsoe INT on ensueing possession and defense holds them to a field goal after they have first and goal at 2.
Buffalo's next possession at their 18, two straight McGahee runs yield no gain and on third and 10 Moulds drops the pass.
Next Pitts possesion was somewhat crucial. Buffalo intercepts and gets the ball at the Pitts. 46. After an offsides by Pitt, the Bills get a double foul called on them and are put at 1st and 20. Bledsoe almost throws another INT, then hits Reed right in the numbers (dropped) and then on third and 20 throws short to Evans. Missed opportunity and was majorly hurt by another penalty.
Now Pitt takes the ball all the way from its 18 to our 13 converting converting 3 3rd downs (9, 10, and 4 yards) and getting a field goal.
Bills next possession a McGahee run and Blesoe pass set up 3rd and 1 where McGahee is stuffed for a 1 yard loss.
The rest of the half is a Pitts three and out and Buffalo driving for a field goal.

I don't see how Bledsoe was put in a good position to succeed here. Our one possession after the Spikes INT was screwed up by an illegal crackback block.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 08:16 PM
I think one of the biggest plays of the game was the missed field goal. We HAVE to get a kicker that doesn't make everyone cringe when he is lining up for a field goal.

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 08:21 PM
I don't get all hung up on the money as some others do. It wasn't MY idea to pay him that money. He is getting paid what he is and I have no effect on it.
Well if you want to put it that way, anything you or I or anyone not directly related to the Bills organization says has any effect, so that's a moot point. The reason I and others get hung up on money is because that *does* have an effect on the team. Wasting that kind of money on a player who at best is "trying not to lose" is stupid.

As a matter of fact, if they paid Losman that kind of money I don't think it would elevate his play either.
Who said anything about money elevating a QBs play? See my reply above.

McNair really sucked this year, should he take a pay cut?
Er, um...he was injured for half the season. What's Drew's excuse?

DaBills
01-02-2005, 09:17 PM
I don't see how Bledsoe was put in a good position to succeed here. Our one possession after the Spikes INT was screwed up by an illegal crackback block.

Where he's not put in a position to succeed is missing WRs when he has time, or throwing into a crowded middle. Not once, twice but three times. Why force it? Does he have to throw until it he makes it, even at the expense of a drive?

How about a screen pass. The flats were wide open. Or a sweep left with WM? We ran the end around to the left and gained 15. Then we don't run left again for a while.

Granted, you can blame an OC or coach in this case due to possible poor choice in play calling, but Drew's the one out there. He should be telling MM this is what I see, let's run plays that exploit the situation, not run into Pitt's strengths.

The_Philster
01-02-2005, 10:30 PM
It's even more terrible there are those who still insist on defending an inept player.. Just my opinion!
:peace:It's more terrible than that when some people just ignore posts by people and put words in their mouths, so to speak. Who's defending Drew? He plays poorly, everyone says so...even this mythological DrewLoveCrew that some moron invented
I support him because i want the bills to win, not because i'm in love with him or anything. If they cut him tomorrow, I would say, good luck to you, and i would move on to our next QB.Same here. If he's in there at QB, I couldn't call myself a Bills fan if I wanted to see him play poorly. He played poorly today. Do I want him back? Right now, I don't know. It's nothing short of foolish to come to rash judgements like that...but I don't think I'd be upset to see him go. His season has been up and down most of the year...I don't know if he can be consistent for us if he returns in 2005 as the starter.

chernobylwraiths
01-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Where he's not put in a position to succeed is missing WRs when he has time, or throwing into a crowded middle. Not once, twice but three times. Why force it? Does he have to throw until it he makes it, even at the expense of a drive?

How about a screen pass. The flats were wide open. Or a sweep left with WM? We ran the end around to the left and gained 15. Then we don't run left again for a while.

Granted, you can blame an OC or coach in this case due to possible poor choice in play calling, but Drew's the one out there. He should be telling MM this is what I see, let's run plays that exploit the situation, not run into Pitt's strengths.

I didn't like the playcalling in this game at all. I for one DON'T want Drew calling the plays unless it is the two minute no huddle type. Jeez, if Drew was calling the plays then I would expect even MORE crap than what I am reading about him. Plus, if the coaches can't see from up in the booths and on the sidelines what is happening, then there is something wrong. Coaches have a LOT more knowlegde of what the defense is doing than the QB. Expecially if everyone thinks the QB can't read a defense.

BSXIII
01-02-2005, 10:46 PM
I didn't like the playcalling in this game at all. I for one DON'T want Drew calling the plays unless it is the two minute no huddle type. Jeez, if Drew was calling the plays then I would expect even MORE crap than what I am reading about him. Plus, if the coaches can't see from up in the booths and on the sidelines what is happening, then there is something wrong. Coaches have a LOT more knowlegde of what the defense is doing than the QB. Expecially if everyone thinks the QB can't read a defense.

This is one of the most overlooked things that us critics must keep in mind. The coaches in the booth get a much, much, much (X10) better look at the game then we do from watching the CBS broadcast. We see a side angle of the LOS and the QB, and really never get to see what is going on down the field.

Anyhow, I thought the the coaches did try to mix it up going with 5 WR a couple times, and looking deep, but it wasn't working. I think they gave up too soon, but the Bills spent most of the year utilizing three step drops and quick passes, so that is what they were most comfortable with. It wasn't until the last few weeks that they really started opening things up. They tried doing some of that today, but IMO gave up too soon.

cordog
01-02-2005, 11:33 PM
It's more terrible than that when some people just ignore posts by people and put words in their mouths, so to speak. Who's defending Drew? He plays poorly, everyone says so...even this mythological DrewLoveCrew that some moron inventedSame here. If he's in there at QB, I couldn't call myself a Bills fan if I wanted to see him play poorly. He played poorly today. Do I want him back? Right now, I don't know. It's nothing short of foolish to come to rash judgements like that...but I don't think I'd be upset to see him go. His season has been up and down most of the year...I don't know if he can be consistent for us if he returns in 2005 as the starter.

Thats exactly how I feel. I want whoever will give us the best shot at winning under center. If its drew, so be it, if they feel Losman is ready to get in there, great. Its not my job to figure it out. Someone with alot more knowledge than me gets paid a great deal to make this decision.

cordog
01-02-2005, 11:34 PM
Everyone here is getting on Drew, and rightfully so. He played bad. But did anyone see L. Smith and M. "pussywillow" Pucillo try and i mean "try" to play RG??? Absolutely sickening. We missed Villarial today.

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 11:47 PM
There is a huge difference between "supporting the QB of your team" and "saying the QB of your team sucks".

As a fan you want your team to win. As such you *support* all the players on your team in as much as you *want* them to play well. However, saying that a certain player, e.g., Drew, is not going to help your team succeed is giving your opinion on what you *feel* or *think* will happen. It's not what you *want* to happen.

Some people just can't seem to grasp the difference.

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 01:14 AM
There is a huge difference between "supporting the QB of your team" and "saying the QB of your team sucks".

As a fan you want your team to win. As such you *support* all the players on your team in as much as you *want* them to play well. However, saying that a certain player, e.g., Drew, is not going to help your team succeed is giving your opinion on what you *feel* or *think* will happen. It's not what you *want* to happen.

Some people just can't seem to grasp the difference.
...but as usual you don't seem to understand that the way you post portrays that you are more happy with being right about DB than you are disappointed in the fact that the season is over.

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 01:16 AM
...but as usual you don't seem to understand that the way you post portrays that you are more happy with being right about DB than you are disappointed in the fact that the season is over.
and btw...the problem is that you are not cynical...you are negative.

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 01:30 AM
and btw...the problem is that you are not cynical...you are negative.
as opposed to ignorant.. :puke:

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 01:33 AM
as opposed to ignorant.. :puke:
true...your ignorance and classlessless is just as bad.

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 01:34 AM
true...your ignorance and classlessless is just as bad.

can i get a mod to warn mr. power monger?.. or is it ok for mods to attack the poster and not the post?

its ok eb.. i forgive you.. your probably upset because your bledsoe rookie card collection went down in value today.

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 01:45 AM
and btw...the problem is that you are not cynical...you are negative.Well they *are* related. :;

cyn·i·cal (shttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/ibreve.gifnhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/prime.gifhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/ibreve.gif-khttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/schwa.gifl)
adj.

Believing or showing the belief that people are motivated chiefly by base or selfish concerns; skeptical of the motives of others: <CITE>a cynical dismissal of the politician's promise to reform the campaign finance system.</CITE>
Negative or pessimistic, as from world-weariness: <CITE>a cynical view of the average voter's intelligence.</CITE>
Expressing jaded or scornful skepticism or negativity: <CITE>cynical laughter.</CITE>
Anyway, I tend to look at the history of things and put more credence into trends than other people. And if those trends are negative, so be it. It doesn't reverse them by talking positively. In this case the trend proved out to be correct. If you think I am more happy to be right than seeing the Bills win you're way off. But given the Bills did lose, I have no problem restating the reasons that I got so much **** for during the year.

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 01:50 AM
Believing or showing the belief that people are motivated chiefly by base or selfish concerns;

see, that is the point...if you were to say that Bledsoe was throwing games because he was on the take (and meant it) or that he hated the pressure of winning so he loses then that is cynical...your posts are nothing but negative rants...which is your right...but it gets rather tiring...we got it...DB sucked today...blame the other 30+ guys who sucked today too...

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 01:53 AM
see, that is the point...if you were to say that Bledsoe was throwing games because he was on the take (and meant it) or that he hated the pressure of winning so he loses then that is cynical...your posts are nothing but negative rants...which is your right...but it gets rather tiring...we got it...DB sucked today...blame the other 30+ guys who sucked today too...

it gets tiring reading you post all the time about how tiring it is.. you post on other peoples posting style as much as he posts about dredsoe.

which is worse?

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 01:55 AM
see, that is the point...if you were to say that Bledsoe was throwing games because he was on the take (and meant it) or that he hated the pressure of winning so he loses then that is cynical...your posts are nothing but negative rants...which is your right...but it gets rather tiring...we got it...DB sucked today...blame the other 30+ guys who sucked today too...You picked *one* of the three definitions, and the one which least applies in this situation. And you didn't get it if you think I'm saying "DB sucked today". He has sucked for years. Yes the team didn't play well today either but it gets tiring to read posts defending him all the time as well. It goes both ways.

My "rants" will stop when people admit Drew should be cut. If they don't...which is their right...then I have the right to respond. Chicken and the egg scenario which isn't likely to stop until he is gone.

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 02:07 AM
You picked *one* of the three definitions, and the one which least applies in this situation. And you didn't get it if you think I'm saying "DB sucked today". He has sucked for years. Yes the team didn't play well today either but it gets tiring to read posts defending him all the time as well. It goes both ways.

My "rants" will stop when people admit Drew should be cut. If they don't...which is their right...then I have the right to respond. Chicken and the egg scenario which isn't likely to stop until he is gone.
I haven't defended Bledsoe today.

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 02:08 AM
it gets tiring reading you post all the time about how tiring it is.. you post on other peoples posting style as much as he posts about dredsoe.

which is worse?

what can I say...it's part of my irresitable charm...

you know...I think you have bored me to the point where I can now go to sleep...:D

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 06:14 AM
I haven't defended Bledsoe today.
No one has...but yet the stupid posts continue. Interesting :scratch: Kinda throws a hole in their arguments defending their posting style.

DaBills
01-03-2005, 11:59 AM
The QB always takes a disproportionate share of the blame in a loss, as he does the credit in a win. Like it or not, the that's the way it's always been.

cordog
01-03-2005, 12:02 PM
The QB always takes a disproportionate share of the blame in a loss, as he does the credit in a win. Like it or not, the that's the way it's always been.

Thats exactly right. Look at Big Ben. Hes not lighting up the scoreboard. That whole team is just great. The D is great. The O-line is great. Great recievers, etc. etc.

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Thats exactly right. Look at Big Ben. Hes not lighting up the scoreboard. That whole team is just great. The D is great. The O-line is great. Great recievers, etc. etc.
and that team is very ripe for the picking...I wouldn't be surprised if Pitts loses its first playoff game.

cordog
01-03-2005, 12:13 PM
and that team is very ripe for the picking...I wouldn't be surprised if Pitts loses its first playoff game.

I agree. A rookie QB, i dont care how good he is, in the playoffs. Not a good recipe. I think they will end up losing to Belichick. Its hard enough to beat the Pats once, i dont think it can happen twice.

DaBills
01-03-2005, 12:47 PM

We're all pissed that we are watching the Jets instead of us this week. I don't know anyone on here that is so happy over a player's failure that that comes ahead of the team not winning/making the playoffs. Drew gets the majority of the crit because he's the leader.

Mr. Cyn or Mr. Neg now, (not sure what the name will be after this thread), is just voicing his opinion. I and others like him believe that DB is not the right choice for next year, nor this year. But that decision was/is out of our hands.

It also means we have to listen to the coaches and positive spin types for another year who say "it'll turn around 'next year' when the team develops more" or some other PR bs. We're sick of it. Others are sick of hearing us. We get it. And so here we are, both sides in the Zone. Ain't it great? Where else would you rather be?

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Mr. Cyn or Mr. Neg now, (not sure what the name will be after this thread), is just voicing his opinion. I and others like him believe that DB is not the right choice for next year, nor this year. Problem is...there are only a few of you who feel the need to bash Bledsoe in what seems like every post. The excessive negativism is what rankles people so much....not the opinions.

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Problem is...there are only a few of you who feel the need to bash Bledsoe in what seems like every post. The excessive negativism is what rankles people so much....not the opinions.

don't speak for everybody...what "rankles" me is not that DB gets blame but that there are certain posters that ONLY blame DB. Does anybody truly think DB was the reason for the loss yesterday?? Does anybody truly think the Bills win with JP at QB??

Blame DB. That's fair. Criticize DB. That's fair. But be fair and name the other 30+ that played like dog crap yesterday. How many posts by the DB bashers call out other players??

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 01:28 PM
don't speak for everybody...what "rankles" me is not that DB gets blame but that there are certain posters that ONLY blame DB. Does anybody truly think DB was the reason for the loss yesterday?? Does anybody truly think the Bills win with JP at QB??

Blame DB. That's fair. Criticize DB. That's fair. But be fair and name the other 30+ that played like dog crap yesterday. How many posts by the DB bashers call out other players??
That's another thing that bugs me a lot as well. The bashers expect to be taken seriously when the QB is the only one they bash? It's ridiculous

Iehoshua
01-03-2005, 01:39 PM
That's another thing that bugs me a lot as well. The bashers expect to be taken seriously when the QB is the only one they bash? It's ridiculous

See my sig.. :D

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 02:16 PM
See my sig.. :D

Good sig...you still need to put a bunch of defenders and some linemen there too...

Iehoshua
01-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Good sig...you still need to put a bunch of defenders and some linemen there too...

"NAMES, Lieutenant....!"

cordog
01-03-2005, 02:29 PM
L. Smith, M. Pucillo, to name a few.

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 02:36 PM
"NAMES, Lieutenant....!"
We still need a LDE...or better yet...flip Schobel over to LDE and get a real RDE...Posey is lackluster at best...still not completely sold on McGee yet...liked what I saw and I hope he continues to improve.

Smith, Pucillio need to go...now. You can even add Reed to that cast.

finsrclowns
01-03-2005, 02:37 PM
I think we made strides this year. Yesterday showed we have a ways to go. The game was very winnable, but I have to give Pittsbugh credit. Most games are won at the line of scrimmage. I give Pitt the edge on both sides of the line, which is remarkable considering they really had nothing to play for and they played a lot of backups.

I think the coaches and TD will do what's best for the team as concerns the QB. IMO they will very likely bring Drew back as the starter next year. If so I support that decision. I think some moves will be made in the offseason to bolster the offense.

It's easy to focus on the negative. I'm an optimist. Yesterday a lot of people in my row cleared out when Pitt scored near the 2 minute warning. I still felt we had a decent chance to win. I honestly think if we had recovered the onsides kick we would have pulled it out. Yesterday wasn't our day for a lot of reasons, the QB being only one piece of it. Pitt is a better team overall and they played better yesterday, subs notwithstanding. Our two bug a boos this year were third down defense and third and long offense- both showed up yesterday as big problems and both are rooted in getting pressure/avoiding pressure on the QB. I think we can get up to their level next year with Drew as QB but we need to upgrade the OL and DL.

DaBills
01-03-2005, 02:41 PM

Please name the 30+ you're speaking of. I know I criticized a few.

Problem areas always get attention, not the areas that are doing well. That's going to happen. Players can have off-games, sure, I'm realistic. But some players seem to have more than others. Like McGhee, or Jennings and the OL's holding calls, or Drew. At what point do you say WTF when it's the same people though?

And win with JP at the QB slot? We'll never know I guess. Ralphie will probably give him another year. Drew has already gotten three seasons to lead this team without being challenged once for the QB slot. Who gets that handed to them in this league anymore except maybe Favre? Whenever JP gets in, there will be obvious growing pains, mistakes and losses of course.

But at this point though? Yes, I'd rather see them from a rook who doesn't know better than from a vet who should.

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 03:00 PM

Blame DB. That's fair. Criticize DB. That's fair. But be fair and name the other 30+ that played like dog crap yesterday. How many posts by the DB bashers call out other players??For the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000th time......

I NEVER BLAMED ONLY DREW.

Why do you keep saying this? Show me where I say "it is all Drew's fault". You can't, because I never did. I think he is the BIGGEST problem, not the ONLY problem. Can't you see the difference in those two adjectives? :idunno:

Sure I can say "the oline needs work" or "the dline stunk". Great. Now what?

You like to point out that "it is a team game" and "the team failed". What I would like to hear is your FIRST, most IMPORTANT move as GM to make the team better. Not, "work on the line" or "fix the secondary". I mean your very FIRST move. You don't replace 10 players in one move.

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 03:03 PM
For the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000th time......

I NEVER BLAMED ONLY DREW.

Why do you keep saying this? Show me where I say "it is all Drew's fault". You can't, because I never did. I think he is the BIGGEST problem, not the ONLY problem. Can't you see the difference in those two adjectives? :idunno:

Sure I can say "the oline needs work" or "the dline stunk". Great. Now what?.When you dedicate, for example, one post per week to other areas and the other 100 posts to Bledsoe...it's kinda hard to see you guys blaming players in adddition to Bledsoe...it's an obsession with you guys.

Iehoshua
01-03-2005, 03:05 PM
it's an obsession with you guys.
That's a subjective statement... For instance, to me, you are obsessed with defending Drew. In reality are you obsessed? Doubtful but that's how it comes off...

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 03:08 PM
That's a subjective statement... For instance, to me, you are obsessed with defending Drew. In reality are you obsessed? Doubtful but that's how it comes off...

no...but I'm sickened by stupidity...and I hate to say it, but that's what I call it when it looks like people are blaming just the QB...and I won't name names, but I've seen plenty of posts that have pointed out Bledsoe as the sole problem.

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 03:22 PM
For the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000th time......

I NEVER BLAMED ONLY DREW..

Haven't seen too many posts from you guys this season calling out other players...have you ever started threads about other players (other than Lindell) calling them out??

You like to point out that "it is a team game" and "the team failed". What I would like to hear is your FIRST, most IMPORTANT move as GM to make the team better. Not, "work on the line" or "fix the secondary". I mean your very FIRST move. You don't replace 10 players in one move.

Did you even take 10 minutes to read our front page today??

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2005/01/03/up_my_flagpole_the_offense_in_review.php

My first move is listed in my column. TD has to address the LT position, first and foremost. Personally, I would try to resign Jennings. That might be a moot point, I don't know because I don't have info like that. If JJ leaves, TD better find a replacement PDQ because there is nobody on this team that can play LT and they are not going to get a starter in the draft. And right now without that LT it won't matter who is the QB. Williams hasn't shown enough, Price is too injury prone and who really knows what Teague can do out there.

The complete list of what I think TD has to do will be in Part III of the season review...

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 03:27 PM
My first move is listed in my column. TD has to address the LT position, first and foremost.
So you think LT is THE most important FIRST move to make, ahead of the QB situation. I disagree completely, but at least I know where you stand.

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 03:40 PM
So you think LT is THE most important FIRST move to make, ahead of the QB situation. I disagree completely, but at least I know where you stand.
Tell me what you do if JJ walks?? That is a huge hole...Bledsoe will be dead and JP will run more than Flutie without a strong LT.

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Tell me what you do if JJ walks?? That is a huge hole...Bledsoe will be dead and JP will run more than Flutie without a strong LT.
Bledsoe is already dead. I don't disagree LT is a critical piece of the oline, but if Drew starts again next year it won't matter if we had the next coming of Pace or Odgen at LT. Drew needs to go as the first move to move this team forward.