PDA

View Full Version : Was this year a success?

Crisis
01-02-2005, 03:54 PM
This season in hindsight

McGahee's emergence - We now know what he can do, and his potential still. Hopefully he'll be 100% coming into next year.
Lee Evans developing good. Same as McGahee, I believe we've only scratched the surface of his potential.
We now have our rookie HC's offensive system implented, and ready to go for next year. As well as improvements on both sides of the ball due to coaching, hopefully coaching next year will take us to the next level.
We wont have Lindell next year - Speaks for itself.
Aiken showed some good signs of what he can do. He had a couple of bone-headed plays (not getting out of bounds) - but his emergence might be something crucial to this team in the future, who knows, may be even as early as next year
We have a dependable 3rd down back - that isn't named Travis Henry

Just trying to find positives out of a horrible day.

BillsFever21
01-02-2005, 03:56 PM
No success when you lose to a bunch of backups in the biggest game of the year.

imbondz
01-02-2005, 03:57 PM
of course it was a success, but i'm too pissed off to give a crap

Crisis
01-02-2005, 03:58 PM
No success when you lose to a bunch of backups in the biggest game of the year.

Did you realistically believe we had a chance at the playoffs at the start of the year?

[insert dumb Bledsoe joke here]

Jayhawk
01-02-2005, 03:58 PM
it wasn't a total wash of a season. I still would have liked the team not to **** up with stupid penalities

TheWingHead
01-02-2005, 04:00 PM
How could you not count it as a success, yeah this game today was horrifying, but you can't say one gameout of sixteen made it bad. This was our first winning season in six years. Thats a success in my book.

Bufftp
No, any season without a SB win is a failed season.
Think otherwise and you will be a loser.
because losing will become acceptable.
-Buff

FTG
It was a success because we found out we have some exciting young players.

It was not a success because we won just enough games to fool MM and TD and some fans into thinking Bledsoe can lead this team to big things next year

ricogarion
01-02-2005, 04:04 PM
This was a very succesful seasson just didn't go where it should or could of because of a poor start and then a painfully poor finale.

imbondz
01-02-2005, 04:05 PM
No, any season without a SB win is a failed season.
Think otherwise and you will be a loser.
because losing will become acceptable.
-Buff
LOL you should be a motivational speaker.

Jersey1031
01-02-2005, 04:07 PM
we won three more games than last year with a rookie coach...SUCCESS

Iehoshua
01-02-2005, 04:08 PM
What is the goal of a team in the National Football League?

Win the Superbowl.

We aren't winning the Superbowl.

Failure.

Bufftp
01-02-2005, 04:09 PM
LOL you should be a motivational speaker.
:roflmao:

I was doing my best Lombardi

BillsOwnAll
01-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Well ....At least the red sox won it for me.

Iehoshua
01-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Negged.

BSXIII
01-02-2005, 04:11 PM
I think this season was a success and the team and staff should be proud. The coaches have these guys playing as a team and they are getting better every week. Unfortunately they just ran out of time and came up a win short. I found the streak very exciting. Unfortunately, we ran into the best team in the league today and they brought it. The Bills didn't go down without a fight, but it just wasn't enough today.

Bufftp
01-02-2005, 04:20 PM
negged.

Cntrygal
01-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Success.

Iehoshua
01-02-2005, 05:12 PM
negged.
Pos'd for negging BOA-ston boy.

Dantheman1280
01-02-2005, 05:17 PM
It was not a success because we won just enough games to fool MM and TD and some fans into thinking Bledsoe can lead this team to big things next year[/QUOTE]

Yep I think next year is gonna suck the big one!

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 05:31 PM

justasportsfan
01-02-2005, 05:32 PM
If you're a bengals fan , cardinals fan or a recent bills fan who didn't live through the 90's then having JUST a winning season is a success. Otherwise, it's a failure.

london59
01-02-2005, 05:38 PM
To me this was a successful season because I have not looked at a single 2005 NFL draft website until today. Last year we were out of the playoffs by week 12, the year before that week 11, the year before that week 7. We actually fought until week 16 this year and we have a lot to look forward to with a new young QB on the horizon.

TigerJ
01-02-2005, 05:55 PM
I'm as bummed as anyone that we didn't win today. I didn't think Buffalo was quite ready to challenge for a Super Bowl. I think we took a lot of steps in the right direction this year, and I'm especially thrilled we did not take a step backwards in terms of record. I'm not sure what to think about the whole Bledsoe vs. Losman thing. I hope that there is an open competition at QB and let the best man win. I suspect that will still be Bledsoe. However, I hope that Losman makes sufficient strides that he at least makes it a competition, and that he is good enough that Mularkey feels lhe can shorten Bledsoe's leash a bit. If Bledsoe is proving ineffective, then yank him and give Losman a shot.

justasportsfan
01-02-2005, 05:58 PM
that Mularkey feels lhe can shorten Bledsoe's leash a bit. If Bledsoe is proving ineffective, then yank him and give Losman a shot.He's TD's puppet. He'll do what he's told.

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 06:00 PM
...Mularkey feels lhe can shorten Bledsoe's leash a bit. If Bledsoe is proving ineffective, then yank him and give Losman a shot.
Forget the leash. Use a noose. :;

Bledsoe has proved ineffective beyond all shadow of a doubt. There is absolutely no need to waste any more time and money to find out what we already know.

Halbert
01-02-2005, 06:04 PM
I can't count it as a successful season when you end the year with one of the biggest choke jobs in team history.

Take the best team in the history of the NFL and play them against the starters of the worst team in Bills history and they still should have won. To lose this game is completely inexcuseable by the current team.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 06:06 PM
I think what will be a determining factor is how Losman handles the offseason. If he makes it his goal to practice and learn the NFL system, he will come in take Drew's job away from him with ease. If he pulls a Rob Johnson and just takes the offseason as a holiday and does his own thing, he will play second fiddle to Bledsoe and we will be stuck with another year of frustration with Drew at the helm.

Gunzlingr
01-02-2005, 06:07 PM
of course it was a success, but i'm too pissed off to give a crap
ditto

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 06:07 PM
he will play second fiddle to Bledsoe and we will be stuck with another year of frustration with Drew at the helm.
I should neg you for even suggesting that as a possibility. :chuk:

:jk:

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 06:13 PM
I should neg you for even suggesting that as a possibility. :chuk:

:jk:

:ill: I know. The thought of it makes me ill, but I don't see anything else on the horizon.