PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls & Goats

DaBills
01-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Balls:

1) Defense as a whole. Can't blame them late since they were on the field for 6 hours.

2) Clements on that INT.

3) ST coverage and returns. Gave the O good starting positions.

4) WM. He IS the starter next year, no doubt.

Goats:

1) Duh.

2) penalties that KILLED drives.

3) The Jills. (We never blame them for anything.)

:shocked:

Jersey1031
01-02-2005, 04:03 PM
hey the JILLS are hot. maybe they got distracted by the cheerleaders. THATS WHY LINDELL MISSED!

hintexas
01-02-2005, 04:08 PM
I think the coaches deserve a goat for not calling more long passes down field. If Drew can throw a long pass to Lee Evans when everyone knows they need a long pass they why are they not taking shots down the field earlier in the game?

Charlieguide
01-02-2005, 04:11 PM
I strongly disagree with giving props to the defense. They looked decent in the third quarter, that's it. Giving up points to Maddox was bad enough, but allowing that final drive -- all rushing and penalties, NO PASS ATTEMPTS, vs. PRACTICE SQUAD PLAYERS -- was absolutely pathetic. That drive brings into question the coaching ability of Mularkey and Gray, regardless of the rest of the season. It also brings into question the heart of every player on the defense, and I'd take a long hard look at cutting any player that gave up yards in that drive.

Other goats:
1) coaching staff: they were not outplayed, the were out-schemed and out-motivated

2) offensive line: if they can't block backups, who CAN they block? Drew should not have seen pressure AT ALL in this game!

3) Moulds: has he caught a pass over the middle all season? Every drop I've seen has been a crossing pattern, and today it cost us two first downs. And these were GOOD throws!

DaBills
01-02-2005, 04:16 PM
I strongly disagree with giving props to the defense. They looked decent in the third quarter, that's it.

I agree to disagree, lol. The D did what it was supposed to. Forced TO's and scored points off them. Forced 3-and-outs enough, not the enitre game, but enough to give the O repeat chances to even the score.

The SB Ravens and '85 bears D I would expect to be monsters all game. Can't expect the Bills to hold down Pitt the entire game. Not all their 1st half was second string either. They kept Deuce from the big runs too.

Our secondary is an issue, but overall, the O tanked more than the D failed.

FTG
01-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Balls..............no one. If you lose to 3rd stringers you don't deserve one

Goats

Bledsoe.............big shock he sucked in a big game

Lindell..............I hate him

Mularkey.........how could this team not be ready to play today

defense.........they quit after the missed FG. NO excuse for that

ScottLawrence
01-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Goats-Bledsoe-He went up against scrubs, Maddox went up against a top defense and still outplayed Bledsoe.

Penaltys.

Play calling.