PDA

View Full Version : HAIL MULARKEY

mybills
01-02-2005, 05:03 PM
for getting us THIS far! :hail: Mularkey.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 05:15 PM
I'll second that. He knew he was handcuffed with Drew and still found a way to make us respectable.

Next year is going to be great!!!!

FTG
01-02-2005, 05:17 PM
I'll second that. He knew he was handcuffed with Drew and still found a way to make us respectable.

Next year is going to be great!!!!

If he does not bring back the statue

mybills
01-02-2005, 05:19 PM
:hail: Drewless Bills 05 :up:

mybills
01-02-2005, 05:20 PM
:hail: Lindelless Bills 05! :up:

london59
01-02-2005, 05:20 PM
It kills me that Drew was just good enough to stay the starter all year but when it came time to win a big game he just couldn't do it. Drew stole valuable playing time from Losman IMO.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 05:24 PM
It kills me that Drew was just good enough to stay the starter all year but when it came time to win a big game he just couldn't do it. Drew stole valuable playing time from Losman IMO.

Can't argue that. We could have started Losman after he came back from the injury so he could gain experience but it would have all but killed our playoff hopes. It was a risk we took and now we have a young QB that has a whopping 10 minutes of playing time for the season that is supposed to be our starter next year.

I don't begrudge trying to make the playoffs with Drew, but that experiment has failed and now we may pay the price with a green QB next season.

mybills
01-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Why would that surprise you? He did the same thing in NE. :shakeno:
That's why I didn't ***** want him! :mad:

mybills
01-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Screw Losman, I was yelling for Matthews

BCeagle76
01-02-2005, 05:32 PM
i say mularky lets JP and bledsoe battle for the starting spot next year, if JP deserves to start in the nfl then he can surly beat out blew dreadso in training camp

mybills
01-02-2005, 05:42 PM
I'll bet he will.
How 'bout putting 15 minutes on the clock..I bet JP will get more than 1/10! :snicker:

mybills
01-02-2005, 05:43 PM
oh wait, wasn't that Drews stats for the whole first half?????

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Can't argue that. We could have started Losman after he came back from the injury so he could gain experience but it would have all but killed our playoff hopes. It was a risk we took and now we have a young QB that has a whopping 10 minutes of playing time for the season that is supposed to be our starter next year.

I don't begrudge trying to make the playoffs with Drew, but that experiment has failed and now we may pay the price with a green QB next season.
This is exactly the reason I was so adamant about getting rid of Drew before the season. I just knew he wouldn't take us to the next level, and now we've got a green QB to boot.

cordog
01-02-2005, 05:48 PM
I doubt Drew comes back next year. I wouldnt be disappointed if he did, but i think they will go with JP. We have a good D, have a good running game, need another peice on the O-Line. We dont need a QB to win the game for us. I think JP can atleast do that. Look at Roethisburger. He hasnt put up Peyton #s but gets the job done.

cordog
01-02-2005, 05:49 PM
This is exactly the reason I was so adamant about getting rid of Drew before the season. I just knew he wouldn't take us to the next level, and now we've got a green QB to boot.

Drew wasnt the whole reason we lost today. He did play bad, but so did the whole team. It was pretty embarrassing.

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Drew wasnt the whole reason we lost today. He did play bad, but so did the whole team. It was pretty embarrassing.I agree. I don't place all the blame on Drew (never have), but you have to admit it is pretty coincidental that when he plays good teams in big games, he loses. The history is there regardless of the various circumstances or teams involved. At some point you just have to say he can't get it done, and that point is now.

mybills
01-02-2005, 06:03 PM
the first one I blamed was Clements..for that kick return fumble. :mad:
He later redeemed himself.

cordog
01-02-2005, 06:04 PM
I agree. I don't place all the blame on Drew (never have), but you have to admit it is pretty coincidental that when he plays good teams in big games, he loses. The history is there regardless of the various circumstances or teams involved. At some point you just have to say he can't get it done, and that point is now.

Yeah i agree totally, and im a drew lover (so to speak). I just think with the D and the running game, you dont need a peyton manning to run the offense. You just need someone to manage the game. I know he is still a rookie pretty much, but you gotta get him in there sometime. Look at what NE did with brady. They won the super bowl with a bunch of 5 yard curls and screen passes.

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Yeah i agree totally, and im a drew lover (so to speak). I just think with the D and the running game, you dont need a peyton manning to run the offense. You just need someone to manage the game. I know he is still a rookie pretty much, but you gotta get him in there sometime. Look at what NE did with brady. They won the super bowl with a bunch of 5 yard curls and screen passes.
I agree - ya don't need a Manning to win. More than anything IMO you need leadership and the "knack" to win. Drew doesn't have either and you can't learn that stuff. You either have "it" or you don't. Ben is one of those guys who has "it", even though his stats aren't Manning-like, he is a winner.

mybills
01-02-2005, 06:14 PM
:hail: Mularkey

cordog
01-02-2005, 06:16 PM
I agree - ya don't need a Manning to win. More than anything IMO you need leadership and the "knack" to win. Drew doesn't have either and you can't learn that stuff. You either have "it" or you don't. Ben is one of those guys who has "it", even though his stats aren't Manning-like, he is a winner.

Oh yeah, and the same with Brady and Montana, Kelly, etc. Kelly put up some big numbers a few years, but they are all just leaders. Drew, i believe is a leader on this team, but not a guy thats gonna get on the others and get in peoples faces. Another words, i just dont see him as the type to rally the troops. I remember watching Kelly go to the bench, tell all the coaches to get out of there, and proceed to reem the guys out. Drew isnt that guy.

mybills
01-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Hey, this is a :hail: Mularkey thread!

:D

Mahdi
01-02-2005, 07:28 PM
I doubt Drew comes back next year. I wouldnt be disappointed if he did, but i think they will go with JP. We have a good D, have a good running game, need another peice on the O-Line. We dont need a QB to win the game for us. I think JP can atleast do that. Look at Roethisburger. He hasnt put up Peyton #s but gets the job done.
Totally agree.....I think that our offense under mularkey needs only a qb who can be consistent and accurate ...nothing spectacular...and I think JP can do that ..not to mention the fact that he can make plays with his legs.

The_Philster
01-02-2005, 10:09 PM
I agree. I don't place all the blame on Drew (never have), :faint:
but you have to admit it is pretty coincidental that when he plays good teams in big games, he loses. "he" doesn't lose anything...the entire team is at fault...you said it yourself you don't place all the blame on Drew but here you are giving him the win or the loss. Yes, the QB is the most high profile player on the team. Yes, he handles the ball on every offensive snap. But Hell no is he responsible for every play that happens on the field.

G. Host
01-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Hey, this is a :hail: Mularkey thread!

:D

No all threads are *****ing threads and the mods ought to combine them all into one thread. :winkpunch