PDA

View Full Version : You know what it is about Drew...

RedEyE
01-02-2005, 05:46 PM
He simply lacks a feel for the rush. A good professional QB knows how to, and when to tuck and run, bounce away from the rush, or just quickly get rid of the football. Bledsoe lacks the Pro QBs internal sixth sense.

I've watched a lot of football in my time, and it's just so obvious that the man cannot feel that blind sided pressure.

Good QBs have it. They feel the time crunch and just know precisley when the pocket starts to crumble without having to look in the direction of the break down. They slide to the side, or run forward, or better yet just get rid of the damn biscuit so the defense isn't munching on it for breakfast.

I feel the season was an overall success, but had we taken care of business early, the must win situation wouldn't have never existed.

Drew: Pros: Strong Arm. Better than average accuracy
Cons: Immobile. Inability to handle/read the blitz. Tends to lock on a receiver rather than "look the defense off".

In my opinion, get a better offensive manager throwing and leading this team downfield and the Bills will be a more difficult team to beat.

I'd also like to address, on Pittsburghs last scoring drive, there was a blatent, and I MEAN BLATENT, holding call missed on a 3rd and short play inside the 50. The play was run to the Bills right side, Parker took the handoff right, the Steelers receiver made a 5 yard pull to block out Clements and Clemnts read the play the whole way. The WR grabbed his jersey and nearly pulled it off the shoulder pads of 22. NO CALL. Clements would have easily have stopped that run cold.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Pros: Better than average accuracy

WTF QB have you been watching all season? :huh:

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2005, 05:50 PM
He has a strong arm but that's it. He can be accurate only on 40+ yard throws. Anything else and he's less than 50%. Accuracy is definitely not his strength (57% career).

RedEyE
01-02-2005, 05:52 PM
WTF QB have you been watching all season? :huh:

I didn't say great, I said better than average. I know it's a stretch.

Out of 32 starting QBs in the league, his downfiled accuracy would be in the 15 to 16 range.

If he looked off the D once in a while, it would even probably increase.

Iehoshua
01-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Accuracy = average... borderline below avg...

McGaheehee
01-02-2005, 06:16 PM
He simply lacks a feel for the rush. A good professional QB knows how to, and when to tuck and run, bounce away from the rush, or just quickly get rid of the football. Bledsoe lacks the Pro QBs internal sixth sense.
How about he just plain sucks.

Pros: Strong Arm. Better than average accuracy
Cons: Immobile. Inability to handle/read the blitz. Tends to lock on a receiver rather than "look the defense off".

Heres my take:

Pros: The NFL has a system where you can cut loose crap players like THAT.
Cons: You cant cut'em loose the day OF their ineptitude.