PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Sabres Northern Virginia appearance

G. Host
01-02-2005, 09:05 PM
I heard from Jimmy, owner of Jimmy's Old Town Tavern, that some ex-Sabres stars will be appearing in a charity hockey game on March 20 (I think) against a local team in Northern Virginia. All the details are not out yet but if there is interest I'll post more info. There is supposed to be an autograph session at Jimmy's afterwards.

If there is more interest I'll post more details when available. :feedback:

Myers57
01-03-2005, 08:02 AM
Kool! Way to go with the charity work!

SkateZilla
01-03-2005, 03:59 PM
where in virginia!!!!.. I Live In Virginia Beach So..... couple hours Drive Max

G. Host
01-04-2005, 07:41 AM
Skating rink near Herndon. I'll post info when Jimmy gives all of the details.

G. Host
01-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Head from Jimmy more of the details - it will be on March 20 during the day. As soon as I got more details I'll post them.

G. Host
02-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Not all of the details yet but some:

'Nickel City Sunday' is coming March 20th, featuring a Sabre's Alumni game at Ashburn Icehouse and a "Meet the Players" reception afterwards at Jimmy's!

As soon as I get times confirmed I'll inform the Zone.

Ashburn is NW of Dulles airport in Loundon County

SkateZilla
02-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Word Up....

G. Host
02-10-2005, 08:41 PM
More Info:

Nickel City Sunday is happening March 20th.. there will be a game at the Ashburn Ice House at Noon...we have reserved the ice until 1:30pm.. after that we are hosting the "Meet the Players" reception at Jimmy's! Definite names are Rob Ray, Matthew Barnaby, Larry Playfair, Rick Martin, Fred Stanfield, Morris Titantic, and more to come! A total of 12 players, current and past!

We (Jimmy's) are printing tickets to sell in advance to help cover the costs.. the tickets will be $5.00 each and are good for the game and for a raffle prize, which should be an autographed jersey! We will also be selling raffle tix throughout the day for other prizes for a couple dollars each! All proceeds will benefit the Sabe's Alum College Fund!

There is no selling out..we will fit everyone into the Ice Rink, and people can pay that day as well when they get there, and everyone will be able to meet the players and get autographs at Jimmy's!

Labatt Blue is sponsoring the event as well!

We are working on the flier, tickets and collectors' t-shirts right now!

Myers57
02-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Sweet, I am actually applying for a scholarship from the Sabres Alumni Association!