casdhf
01-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Anyone know where we pick?

mypoorfriendme
01-02-2005, 09:15 PM
20 last time i heard, of course not until the second round as of now

G. Host
01-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Will be determined by final calculation of "Strength of Schedule" to break ties between 9-7 teams Buffalo, Jacksonville and Baltimore.

BillyT92679
01-02-2005, 09:26 PM
I guess it's where Dallas picks now.

VR n Chains
01-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Will trading Travis Henry bring a 1st round pick?????

Dantheman1280
01-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Yea I know exactly where we are picking, we are on the couch watching the playoffs picking our ass

G. Host
01-02-2005, 09:46 PM
It is also where we pick the other rounds. Donahoe will just use the money previously spent on a first round pick for a free agent. Many 1st round picks are overrated and over compensated anyways.

G. Host
01-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Will trading Travis Henry bring a 1st round pick?????
IMO only if we include our 2nd round pick. Henry has not shown much this year and teams quickly discount previous years.

Ickybaluky
01-03-2005, 09:54 AM

The playoff teams pick after the non-playoff teams, so StL, Sea and Min will all pick after #20 because they made the playoffs.

Buffalo's pick, which goes to Dallas, is slotted 18th, based on strength-of-schedule tie-breaker over Baltimore and Jacksonville.

Here (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/draft/update) is the list for non-playoff teams.

The SOS tie-breaker is for the first round. Teams rotate the next rounds. So in the 1st round, it will go:

#18 - Dallas (from Buffalo)
#19 - Jacksonville
#20 - Baltimore

In the 2nd round, it will go:

#50 - Baltimore
#51 - Buffalo (19th pick in round)
#52 - Jacksonville

In the 3rd round it will go:

#82 - Jacksonville
#83 - Baltimore
#84 - Buffalo (20th pick in round)

In the 4th round, the Bills will once again have the 18th pick in the round, but the number of that pick will depend on whether any 3rd round compesatory selections are awarded. If no 3rd round compensatory picks are awarded, then the Bills will pick #114 in the 4th round. All later round picks are moved back if compesatory picks are awarded at the ends of rounds 3-7.

casdhf
01-03-2005, 12:25 PM
The playoff teams pick after the non-playoff teams, so StL, Sea and Min will all pick after #20 because they made the playoffs.

Buffalo's pick, which goes to Dallas, is slotted 18th, based on strength-of-schedule tie-breaker over Baltimore and Jacksonville.

Here (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/draft/update) is the list for non-playoff teams.

The SOS tie-breaker is for the first round. Teams rotate the next rounds. So in the 1st round, it will go:

#18 - Dallas (from Buffalo)
#19 - Jacksonville
#20 - Baltimore

In the 2nd round, it will go:

#50 - Baltimore
#51 - Buffalo (19th pick in round)
#52 - Jacksonville

In the 3rd round it will go:

#82 - Jacksonville
#83 - Baltimore
#84 - Buffalo (20th pick in round)

In the 4th round, the Bills will once again have the 18th pick in the round, but the number of that pick will depend on whether any 3rd round compesatory selections are awarded. If no 3rd round compensatory picks are awarded, then the Bills will pick #114 in the 4th round. All later round picks are moved back if compesatory picks are awarded at the ends of rounds 3-7.

Thanks...I'm glad someone could quit pissing and moaning long enough to answer my question. A Pats fan no less :peace:

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-03-2005, 12:33 PM

With their first pick in the 2005 draft, the Bills select from Tulane, quarterback JP Losman.

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 12:39 PM
With their first pick in the 2005 draft, the Bills select from Tulane, quarterback JP Losman.
and it only cost a 2nd and a 5th rounder to get him to study for a year!

JWatts
01-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Someone better tell the NFL then they're wrong. NFL has Dallas picking 20th (our original choice). Here's the first round before the playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8063536

NapalmDeath
01-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Someone better tell the NFL then they're wrong. NFL has Dallas picking 20th (our original choice). Here's the first round before the playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8063536

All the asteriks by the teams mean subject to change

JWatts
01-03-2005, 09:43 PM
the only subject to change is if they make the Superbowl.

Within a tied segment, non-playoff clubs are given priority over playoff clubs. Priority of playoff clubs within a tied segment will be based on their advancement in the playoffs, but they will not drop out of their tied segment unless they participate in the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl champion will select 32nd and the runner-up 31st.

TigerJ
01-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Since Buffalo has the weakest strength of schedule rating among the three non playoff teams with a 9-7 record, their pick in the first round (traded to Dallas) will be ahead of the picks of Jacksonville and Baltimore. That will rotate according to a pre-set formula so that Buffalo will be picking 19th and 20th in the second and third rounds. I don't know what the rotation is, so I can't tell you in which round the pick 19th etc. It will rotate the same way throughout the draft. Buffalo will pick 18th again in the fourth and seventh rounds.

Jersey1031
01-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Are we getting any compesatory picks this year??

cordog
01-03-2005, 11:40 PM
and it only cost a 2nd and a 5th rounder to get him to study for a year!

Trade didnt turn out too bad afterall, well so far. I gotta question for any draft gurus out there. I know its early and all the juniors havent declared, but how does Losman stack up against what is coming out, and where do you think he would be taken if he was coming out this year?

Dozerdog
01-03-2005, 11:47 PM
If Leinert stays at USC, I'd say Maybe Utah's Smith woud be #1, Losman #2

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 11:49 PM
and it only cost a 2nd and a 5th rounder to get him to study for a year!If Dallas gets the 18th pick, that's better than the 22nd pick we got for our #2 and #5. And remember, Dallas got Julius Jones with our #2. So you can downplay the cost all you want, it was not a cheap deal. Hopefully it will pan out.

cordog
01-03-2005, 11:53 PM
If Leinert stays at USC, I'd say Maybe Utah's Smith woud be #1, Losman #2

so you think he would be a top 10 pick with this years crop?

cordog
01-03-2005, 11:57 PM
If Dallas gets the 18th pick, that's better than the 22nd pick we got for our #2 and #5. And remember, Dallas got Julius Jones with our #2. So you can downplay the cost all you want, it was not a cheap deal. Hopefully it will pan out.

Lets remember, this years draft is suppose to be pretty weak, especially compared to last years. The cost wasnt bad either. Look what NYG and CLE gave up just to move a couple spots. We moved like 21. But it either be a good move or a bad move because of what losman does on the field. Cant really analyze it till we see him.

Dozerdog
01-03-2005, 11:59 PM
so you think he would be a top 10 pick with this years crop?

Folks-

Drafts vary in strength from year to year.

If JP played another year at Tulane and went in the draft- who knows where he would wind up- probably in the top 10 because this year is a weak draft. Put some of the top 10 guys in this year's draft into last year's draft, and some of them wouldn't be touched until the 2nd round.

Did the Bills get value for their trade? We will have to wait and see.

cordog
01-04-2005, 12:01 AM
Folks-

Drafts vary in strength from year to year.

If JP played another year at Tulane and went in the draft- who knows where he would wind up- probably in the top 10 because this year is a weak draft. Put some of the top 10 guys in this year's draft into last year's draft, and some of them wouldn't be touched until the 2nd round.

Did the Bills get value for their trade? We will have to wait and see.

I know what you mean, i was just curious how he stacks up against what is out there this year.

Mr. Cynical
01-04-2005, 12:11 AM
But it either be a good move or a bad move because of what losman does on the field. Cant really analyze it till we see him.Agreed. :smile: See my sig. :;

cordog
01-04-2005, 12:33 AM
Agreed. :smile: See my sig. :;

gottcha

Dozerdog
01-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Too bad we couldn't send JP to NFL Europe for 4-5 games ......

But with the $$$ he's making- no way they risk a prospect to injury