X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hintexas
    • Mar 2003

Free Agents

I know that we are all in shock over the Bills not making the playoffs. But since the Bills dont even have (as of now) a first round draft pick the only way I see them getting better (other then growing together and expanding on their own talents) is through free agency. Does any one have a list of players available in free agency that can help the Bills get stronger for next year.
    I think the Packers have two players that I would love to see come to Buffalo together as free agents TE Bubba Franks and Guard Marco Rivera. I also think that New England has a couple of players that are going to be free agents?
  • BSXIII
    Never trust a man wearing a sombrero
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by hintexas
    I know that we are all in shock over the Bills not making the playoffs. But since the Bills dont even have (as of now) a first round draft pick the only way I see them getting better (other then growing together and expanding on their own talents) is through free agency. Does any one have a list of players available in free agency that can help the Bills get stronger for next year.
    I think the Packers have two players that I would love to see come to Buffalo together as free agents TE Bubba Franks and Guard Marco Rivera. I also think that New England has a couple of players that are going to be free agents?
    I'd love to see Bubba Franks, as I think this team needs a receiving threat at TE. I like Campbell and Euhus, but they aren't exactly threats after they catch the ball. As for the Pats, Adam Vinatieri is a FA after this season. He would have been good for 2 wins easily this year. He may be the most clutch player in the league. If the center goal post went straight up, both his Super bowl Winning kicks probably would have hit hit. He is cluch from within 50 even in crappy weather. That is key in a ball control offense.
    I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• BSXIII
      • Apr 2004

Here are the Pats FA's.
      I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• Marvelous
        • Feb 2004

Bubba Franks is a free agent??
        < if so.
        Man that would make me feel so much better going into next year with Drew again. We haven't had any TE production since Fluite to Riemersma. Big Riem kinda disapeared after Fluite left. I like Euhus but imo his injury might have pushed his progression back to far.

Cheers to Bubba Franks:):):)
        GO BILLS!!! NE
        Magical Trevor

Comment

• cordog
          eat, drink, and be merry
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Sippio
          Bubba Franks is a free agent??
          < if so.
          Man that would make me feel so much better going into next year with Drew again. We haven't had any TE production since Fluite to Riemersma. Big Riem kinda disapeared after Fluite left. I like Euhus but imo his injury might have pushed his progression back to far.

Cheers to Bubba Franks:):):)
          Before we start talking TEs we need to talk about signing PW and JJ then available O-line. We still need 1 maybe 2 depending on JJ.

Comment

• BSXIII
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by cordog
            Before we start talking TEs we need to talk about signing PW and JJ then available O-line. We still need 1 maybe 2 depending on JJ.

I think Bubba Franks could help the team the most. I live in New England and saw a lot of Bledsoe's games with the Patriots. He is a completely different player with a top tier TE. Franks could do wonders for this offense.
            I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• cordog
              eat, drink, and be merry
              • Apr 2003

Im not saying i wouldnt like Bubba Franks, I just think there are more pressing issues with this team. I wanna see P. Williams get signed, I would like to see some moves on the O-Line. Did you see Pitts O-Line today? They're great! The QBs had all the time in the world. When Willie Parker has 100 yds and Jerome Bettis rushes for 100 every game he starts, you know the line has played great.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by BSXIII
                I think Bubba Franks could help the team the most. I live in New England and saw a lot of Bledsoe's games with the Patriots. He is a completely different player with a top tier TE. Franks could do wonders for this offense.
                Oh please!!! We can't waste another season with Bledsoe in the hopes he becomes "a completely different player with a top tier TE." Put the pipe down for cripes sake.

Good QB's take advantage of what they have around them. NE doesn't have 1/4 of the talent we have at WR and RB yet Drew couldn't take advantage of it. WTF makes you think the addition of a different TE will suddenly transform him into a great QB?

Drew had more tools than a majority of QB's in the league and he still stunk it up. Wasting a few more million on another player will not turn a turd into a gold nugget.

Comment

• BSXIII
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                  Oh please!!! We can't waste another season with Bledsoe in the hopes he becomes "a completely different player with a top tier TE." Put the pipe down for cripes sake.

Good QB's take advantage of what they have around them. NE doesn't have 1/4 of the talent we have at WR and RB yet Drew couldn't take advantage of it. WTF makes you think the addition of a different TE will suddenly transform him into a great QB?

Drew had more tools than a majority of QB's in the league and he still stunk it up. Wasting a few more million on another player will not turn a turd into a gold nugget.

Try watching how much time NE's o-line gives brady to pass. He never gets touched. The few times he has faced pressure he showed he was very mortal just like any other QB facing pressure(Miami and Pitt). Watch the playoffs. You're gonna see some overhyped QB's choke far worse than Bledsoe did today. I guarentee it, and if it doesn't happen feel free to call me out on it!
                  I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Try watching how much time NE's o-line gives brady to pass. He never gets touched. The few times he has faced pressure he showed he was very mortal just like any other QB facing pressure(Miami and Pitt). Watch the playoffs. You're gonna see some overhyped QB's choke far worse than Bledsoe did today. I guarentee it, and if it doesn't happen feel free to call me out on it!

LOL!!!! WHo is going to choke like Bledsoe did today? It isn't possible.

Comment

• BSXIII
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                      LOL!!!! WHo is going to choke like Bledsoe did today? It isn't possible.
                      You're on. It has happened every year and will this year as well.
                      I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

You're on. It has happened every year and will this year as well.

Well, Drew was the first choke of the playoffs, so I guess you're right. Pennington is the only other QB who you could even consider comparing to Drew so far but his play would have won the game for us, so that comparison is a joke.

Comment

• Marvelous
                          • Feb 2004

Artic, we just gotta assume Donahoe will stick with Drew.
                          If we are stuck with him next Franks would be a great pickup along with lineman.
                          Lineman & or Jonas Jennings are a must...
                          GO BILLS!!! NE
                          Magical Trevor

Comment

• hintexas
                            • Mar 2003

But does anyone know of a list of 2005 free agents?

Comment

• JWatts
                              • Jul 2002

This is the only site I've found so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X