PDA

View Full Version : Productive pointers and predictions

G. Host
01-02-2005, 11:49 PM
You have to feel a little bit for the Bills, who fought back valiantly after a sluggish 0-4 start. They had every opportunity to win their game against the Steelers, but a costly turnover sealed it, and they were defeated by Pittsburgh's backups. You're only adding salt to their wound when you bring up the fact that the Jets lost. Had Buffalo won, they would be playing next week. more (NFL.com) (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8060536)

Levy is right offense and defense each had every opprotunity to win the game and they blew it. When we had a turnover so soon in game I had a bad feeling and it has been a miserable day since. Of course if we DID get into playoffs there probably would have been a nationally televised disaster like 62-7 distruction of Dolphins at hands of Jacksonville.

The Bills need to regroup and not be an upper level 'B' team next year.
:gobills:

BSXIII
01-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Of course if we DID get into playoffs there probably would have been a nationally televised disaster like 62-7 distruction of Dolphins at hands of Jacksonville.

Eventhough this team played poorly today, they showed they will not go down without a fight. However, it's funny you bring that game up. My freshman year in college, the kid across the hall from me wall papered part of his room with pictures from that game. I laughed every time I walked in there. Seeing that butthole Marino's career end like that was priceless.

G. Host
01-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Good news for the future according to Marv from same article:
Buffalo: Not because I coached there, but the Bills have a lot of pieces in place. You can start with Willis McGahee, a great defense on the rise and a fine coaching staff, but they have other components, too. They have a superb kicking game, the addition of wide receiver Lee Evans proved to be big and I like the way J.P. Losman plays.

I haven't see J.P. Losman do ANYTHING of note but if Marv likes him and Marv has forgotten more about football than everyone on the Zone has ever learned, that is good enough for me!

cordog
01-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Marv has forgotten more about football than everyone on the Zone has ever learned, that is good enough for me!

What? You mean some people here arent going to be head coaches or GMs? Coulda fooled me.

BSXIII
01-03-2005, 12:06 AM
What? You mean some people here arent going to be head coaches or GMs? Coulda fooled me.

Too bad, imagine if they ran other teams? The players that would be cut after their team "choked". How exciting would FA be each year with all these knee jerk reactions?

cordog
01-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Too bad, imagine if they ran other teams? The players that would be cut after their team "choked". How exciting would FA be each year with all these knee jerk reactions?

Well just by going from the reactions this year the bills would have cut
Bledsoe
S.Adams
L. Fletcher
Lindell
T. Vincent
M. Williams
T. Teague
I. Reese

and would have fired
J. Gray
T. Clements
and probably M. Mularkey
and also T. Donahoe

ArcticWildMan
01-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Well just by going from the reactions this year the bills would have cut
Bledsoe
S.Adams
L. Fletcher
Lindell
T. Vincent
M. Williams
T. Teague
I. Reese

and would have fired
J. Gray
T. Clements
and probably M. Mularkey
and also T. Donahoe

I'd be happy if we had just cut Bledsoe. :D

G. Host
01-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Another Marv quote which I think applies:
If you're coaching a team, don't get caught up! If coaches play on the strings of emotion after they've been after this for months and months, you won't get your players prepared for the game. Emotion is nice, but it won't block Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila.

I think the Bills HAVE been playing on emotion with comebacks and turnovers over last two months and coming in wounded against Steelers with minimal TE help did not help.

ArcticWildMan
01-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Another Marv quote which I think applies:
If you're coaching a team, don't get caught up! If coaches play on the strings of emotion after they've been after this for months and months, you won't get your players prepared for the game. Emotion is nice, but it won't block Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila.

I think the Bills HAVE been playing on emotion with comebacks and turnovers over last two months and coming in wounded against Steelers with minimal TE help did not help.

Yet anothr reason to be disappointed in Bledsoe. The man has never shown leadership like other QB's around the league. That was one of the biggest knocks against him when he was with the Pats. The players said he was like a zombie and never got fired up. I want a guy like Favre who weears his emotions on his sleeve for all to see, not some emotionless automation going through the motions like Drew.