PDA

View Full Version : I am so upset about this loss...

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 01:23 AM
that I cannot sleep...makes me wonder what some of the players go through after a game.

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 01:44 AM
that I cannot sleep...makes me wonder what some of the players go through after a game.

i guarentee you that alot of them could care less.. it is strictly a business to many of them.. they will collect there huge paychecks and head to their beach houses tomorrow and not look back.. there are a few guys that i can see giving a crap.. like tko..

worst part is..

you think you feel bad now.. wait till you do fall asleep and you wake up.. it is gonna be even worse..

the only thing i can compair it to is a trip i took to vegas where i lost 3 grand.. i woke up the next morning and just felt so awful.. remorseful, pissed, but unable to do anything about it..

i cant sleep right now either though for the same reason..

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 01:49 AM
i guarentee you that alot of them could care less.. it is strictly a business to many of them.. they will collect there huge paychecks and head to their beach houses tomorrow and not look back.. there are a few guys that i can see giving a crap.. like tko..

worst part is..

you think you feel bad now.. wait till you do fall asleep and you wake up.. it is gonna be even worse..

the only thing i can compair it to is a trip i took to vegas where i lost 3 grand.. i woke up the next morning and just felt so awful.. remorseful, pissed, but unable to do anything about it..

no, i won't feel bad tomorrow...the game is history...i go to work tomorrow and real life kicks in...that is their real life and if they don't care they should quit...and, sorry, i believe that most of them care...

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 01:49 AM
I'm just trying to focus my thoughts on next year. Willis looks great. Evans looks great. JP (I hope) will be great. That's exciting to think about. We could be the next Indy if we're lucky, and that means YEARS of being in contention, not just one season.

Of course FA'cy is going to rear it's ugly head and probably skuttle the D soon, but that's a fact of NFL life.

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 01:51 AM
no, i won't feel bad tomorrow...the game is history...i go to work tomorrow and real life kicks in...that is their real life and if they don't care they should quit...and, sorry, i believe that most of them care...

well i think you would be greatly disappointed..

i guess you dont see the guys on the sidelines laughing and joking around during losses.. this is a business to many of them.. a job.. do you take your work home with you? i know i dont.

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 01:57 AM
well i think you would be greatly disappointed..

i guess you dont see the guys on the sidelines laughing and joking around during losses.. this is a business to many of them.. a job.. do you take your work home with you? i know i dont.
yes, in fact I do...most of the people I work with do too...some of us don't stop because the clock hits 5PM...

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 02:04 AM
yes, in fact I do...most of the people I work with do too...some of us don't stop because the clock hits 5PM...

i dont really care what hours you work.. but when i leave the office or an interview.. i leave the bull**** there too.. i dont come home and kick my dog or piss and moan about how ****ting work is sometimes.. i am an insurance fraud investigator.. i see ridiculous tirds that lie to me all day to try and scam us out of money.. i dont need to waste the hours i am not at work worrying about work crap.

like most nfl player..

a close friend of mine, ken brown, played for the denver broncos for 2 years.. he is the one that told me what it was like, because i used to think the same thing, than players must take it so seriously, like fans do.. and he said fans worry about it way more.. when they are on the field they feel the emotions of the game, but when they leave, they leave.. they go home to their big houses, and model girlfriends/wifes and move on..

don137
01-03-2005, 04:40 AM
I am surprised that I am not more pissed off about the loss. I think it is because this loss proved to me that the Bills would of been a pretender in the playoffs and not a contender. You don't lose at home to 2nd and 3rd stringers and consider yourself a contender. Plus this loss reaffirmed my belief that the Bills will never be a contender with Drew as the starting QB.
There are only five teams with a legitimate chance of winning the super bowl (NE, Pitt, Sand Diego, Indy and Philly). The rest should of them not be in the playoffs. Atlanta probably would not make the playoffs if they were in the AFC yet they get a bye in the NFC.

hintexas
01-03-2005, 04:48 AM
In the highlight video of the game doesnt look like Jonas is crying on the bench. It looked like he cared. I dont think that you can look into Takeo's eyes and say that he doesnt care. I dont think that the Bills were going to win in the Playoffs if they couldnt beat Pitts backups so hopefully losing this way will make it hurt more for the players and they will do more in the offseason to come back next year and make the 2005 season have a real playoff run.

Typ0
01-03-2005, 05:19 AM

worst part is..

you know why this arguement is bogus? Because if they thought of it as business they would be pissed because going to the playoffs means more paychecks!

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 08:15 AM
you know why this arguement is bogus? Because if they thought of it as business they would be pissed because going to the playoffs means more paychecks!

the amount is fairly minimal.. but i see your point..

like i said.. for some, like tko, they probably do care alot.. but for most, this is a business, and they could give a crap.

BTW... i was right.. i feel awful this morning.. i am just sick about this loss.

LtBillsFan66
01-03-2005, 08:22 AM
That's a bunch of BS.

You don't get to that level of play and not care. These guys do. Their egos are huge - and it's what gives them the drive to become pro athletes.

CuseBilzFan
01-03-2005, 08:28 AM
In the highlight video of the game doesnt look like Jonas is crying on the bench. It looked like he cared. I dont think that you can look into Takeo's eyes and say that he doesnt care. I dont think that the Bills were going to win in the Playoffs if they couldnt beat Pitts backups so hopefully losing this way will make it hurt more for the players and they will do more in the offseason to come back next year and make the 2005 season have a real playoff run.

Yea Jennings was crying, that much I did see. Takeo probably took this loss personally. Wouldn't you? Man the Defense had to play offense in this one. I am about as pissed as everyone else. First time in 5 years we had a shot at the Playoffs and blew it.

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 08:35 AM
That's a bunch of BS.

You don't get to that level of play and not care. These guys do. Their egos are huge - and it's what gives them the drive to become pro athletes.

ok.. so why do you see players laughing after the game.. walking around on the field, high fiving their buddies from the other team and stuff?

i mean you can kid yourself and say that all of them care.. but the fact is, it is a job for many of them. just like when their contract is up, they will go to whoever offers them the most money... sometimes if the money is real close, or one spot offers more security than the other, and they have a chance to win as opposed to playing for a loser, then it may factor in..

all i know is my friend KB, he talks about the game now, like it was just loving the check... they players have to treat this as a business, because you dont have guarenteed contracts.. you could get cut in the blink of an eye.. teams will use you and spit you out.. play hurt and destroy your body or you wont play in the league long.. all players know it is like that too.

KB's mother died in the middle of his second season.. he went home for her funeral.. he missed half a week and a game.. now we are talking about a guy who was a back up LB to john mobley.. he played special teams.. he called shanahan and said "coach, i am really struggling with my mothers death.. can i please have another week?".. so he had 3 days to deal with his mothers passing.. he asked for a few more days.. shanahan's response? "be on the plane tomorrow or dont come back at all."

he never went back. he works for a bank now.. think the nfl is a warm loving place where everyone loves there job and wants to see there employer do well? come on man. be realistic.

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Yea Jennings was crying, that much I did see. Takeo probably took this loss personally. Wouldn't you? Man the Defense had to play offense in this one. I am about as pissed as everyone else. First time in 5 years we had a shot at the Playoffs and blew it.

like i said.. some guys i am sure do take the game very personal.. much like fans, we all handle the loss in different ways.. i can see tko being pissed for an entire offseason.. i can see moulds wanting to go to another team after having issues all season w/ bledsoe not getting him the ball..

but i promise you that there are more than were joking around on the way off the field.. you see it after every loss.

LtBillsFan66
01-03-2005, 09:31 AM
ok.. so why do you see players laughing after the game.. walking around on the field, high fiving their buddies from the other team and stuff?

i mean you can kid yourself and say that all of them care.. but the fact is, it is a job for many of them. just like when their contract is up, they will go to whoever offers them the most money... sometimes if the money is real close, or one spot offers more security than the other, and they have a chance to win as opposed to playing for a loser, then it may factor in..

all i know is my friend KB, he talks about the game now, like it was just loving the check... they players have to treat this as a business, because you dont have guarenteed contracts.. you could get cut in the blink of an eye.. teams will use you and spit you out.. play hurt and destroy your body or you wont play in the league long.. all players know it is like that too.

KB's mother died in the middle of his second season.. he went home for her funeral.. he missed half a week and a game.. now we are talking about a guy who was a back up LB to john mobley.. he played special teams.. he called shanahan and said "coach, i am really struggling with my mothers death.. can i please have another week?".. so he had 3 days to deal with his mothers passing.. he asked for a few more days.. shanahan's response? "be on the plane tomorrow or dont come back at all."

he never went back. he works for a bank now.. think the nfl is a warm loving place where everyone loves there job and wants to see there employer do well? come on man. be realistic.
What do you want them to do? Cry? I quit crying over games in sometime in little league. That didn't mean I did care if I won or not.

Earthquake Enyart
01-03-2005, 09:40 AM
Drew sure high tailed it off the field yesterday.

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 09:47 AM
What do you want them to do? Cry? I quit crying over games in sometime in little league. That didn't mean I did care if I won or not.

there is a big difference between crying after a loss and laughing.. i am not saying they should be crying.. but you dont laugh with the other guys and joke around while your guts are being ripped out.. ask patrick.. patrick posted this long story about how he used to take all the bills losses so hard.. until one day after a horrible loss, he saw some of the players and they were all happy and joking around like it was nothing.. so he decided then that if the games dont bother the players, then they shouldnt bother him.

BillsFever21
01-03-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm sure that worthless POS Bledsoe will be over it in a couple days. This is just a job to him and when his day of work is over he goes on with the second part of his life.

He never puts in the extra work it takes to be great. He'll head back to his million dollar ranch in Montanta and do some ice fishing and hunting without a blink of an eye and wait till next season.

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 10:15 AM
he will be relaxing on his 6000 square foot ranch in montana soon.. living it up on his hard earned 100 million.

BillsFever21
01-03-2005, 10:18 AM
He doesn't act like he cares during the game let alone during the offseason. He has 8.5 million reasons to laugh all the way to the bank this year.

Our biggest game in 5 years and he craps the bed against a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers. That should be the final piece of evidence to anyone that this guy won't ever get us anywhere.

unpaid_bills
01-03-2005, 10:31 AM
:clap:
Great point. I totally agree - to say they dont care is ridiculous. They prepare, workout, sweat and put hours in every day to be the best and get a Win. I think most people just listen to the media and "experts" a bit too much and buy into and start believing what everyone is saying should happen. Bottom line is they have to go out and play, execute and cant make mistakes like the Bills made regardless of who you are playing.

They made an interesting point on ESPN the Bills put alot of pressure on themselves to win, and play "perfect" as opposed to Pitt who had nothing to lose and played loose. I am not making excuses for the Bills and wanted to see them win as much as anyone. But this is the NFL the best of the best. The Bills will be competitive next year just like this year. They have to work hard in the off season. I dont think they gave up or do not care.

FTG
01-03-2005, 10:53 AM
I do think most of them care but get over it pretty quick. There are very few that this will bother for a long time IMO

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 11:13 AM
i dont really care what hours you work.. but when i leave the office or an interview.. i leave the bull**** there too.. i dont come home and kick my dog or piss and moan about how ****ting work is sometimes.. i am an insurance fraud investigator.. i see ridiculous tirds that lie to me all day to try and scam us out of money.. i dont need to waste the hours i am not at work worrying about work crap...

apparently, from the way you carry on around here, you care more about a Bills game - which should have zero impact on your life - than you do your job.

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 11:40 AM
apparently, from the way you carry on around here, you care more about a Bills game - which should have zero impact on your life - than you do your job.

i am off today.. but get over yourself and the judgement of others like you enjoy doing.. you dont know **** about me so dont ****ing act like you do.

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 11:40 AM
and i mean that in the nicest way possible, you intrusive .....

:D

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 11:42 AM
.... i removed this so as not to make fun of fat people just to prove a point about eb and his assumptions..

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 11:46 AM
i am off today.. but get over yourself and the judgement of others like you enjoy doing.. you dont know **** about me so dont ****ing act like you do.

Doesn't take much of a Sherlock Holmes to figure this out when you admit to leaving your job at the end of the day and not taking it home but you persistently harp on the same things about the Bills...the tone of your posts also is a big clue...

.... i removed this so as not to make fun of fat people.

I'll still answer that...at this stage in my life I do care about eating more than potential heart attacks...sorry.

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 11:56 AM
I'll still answer that...at this stage in my life I do care about eating more than potential heart attacks...sorry.

dont apologize to me.. it is your life.. if you dont care enough about it and the people that you will leave behind, so be it...

i care about the bills too much and dont obssess about my job enough, in the world according to eb.. and you dont care about dying young or being overweight.. to each their own i guess.. pretty sure mine is a bit healthier.. you dont die from being a bills fan...