PDA

View Full Version : Please help

mybills
01-03-2005, 07:46 AM
Can somebody please tell me when this rule went into effect? Was I in a coma or something? Since when does the ball NOT have to cross inside the pilon as seen here?
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10009/steel.JPG

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10009/normal_DSCF0974.JPG

mybills
01-03-2005, 08:02 AM
Bills 24
Steelers 22

mybills
01-03-2005, 08:45 AM
When and why was this rule changed???? :mad:

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 09:27 AM
When and why was this rule changed???? :mad:

when we let an idiot like McAuley referee a game. This is the same moron who threw a flag on Henry Jones in 98 on the Hail Mary pass in Foxboro...the only person interfered with on that play was T. Smith if anyone

OpIv37
01-03-2005, 09:33 AM
the goal line extends to infinity- as long as the receiver doesn't step out of bounds or his knee doesn't touch the ground before the ball crosses the line, it's a touchdown even if the ball crosses the line out of bounds.

In football (unlike basketball and some other sports), the ball can be out of bounds as long as the player is in bounds.

mybills
01-03-2005, 12:54 PM
ok, I don't EVER want to see another player flying towards the goal line and trying to <b>stretch the ball to the inside</b> of the pilon, EVER AGAIN! :mad:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-03-2005, 12:59 PM
I can see this becoming an issue......guys leaping out of bounds at the two at an angle and stretching the ball across the "infinite plane". To me, it is a bogus rule and should be changed. What is the purpose of the pylons with the rule as is?

Ebenezer
01-03-2005, 01:19 PM
I can see this becoming an issue......guys leaping out of bounds at the two at an angle and stretching the ball across the "infinite plane". To me, it is a bogus rule and should be changed. What is the purpose of the pylons with the rule as is?
did I miss something here...like the Steelers wouldn't have scored on the next play??