PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to say it

carybillsfan
01-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Okay, I think in week 17 we found out who the real pretenders were, unfortunately it was us. We beat a bunch of bad teams to make our run and then came out flat in the biggest game of the year. Now before I get criticized I'm not off the bandwagon, I wish I was so this heartbreak would end one day. So here's what I saw:

1. Penalties--stupid penalties cost us this game, now i've seen picks run in every game this weekend but only one was flagged.
2. Drew--my Patriot fan friends continue to remind what they told me when we got him he just can't carry the team in a big game.
3. Our defense--same old story here, a no-name qb comes in with under 2minutes left in the 3rd, and we force him to attempt 1, and only one pass. And I remind you that pass was well verthrown to a guy who was wide open.
4. Willis--The man played his heart out but why is he always getting dinged up, he missed a few crucial plays yesterday, like a third and one.
5. Our teams motivation, yesterday we were out coached and outplayed by a bunch of players that wouldn't have made our roster. We looked horrible yesterday.

I'm ready for a change if that means getting rid of these same old story players and getting guys in here who can play in big games so be it.

If we couldn't beat Pittsburgh's backups in Buffalo, how would we ever beat their starters in Pittsburgh?

JayWood
01-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Could not agree with you more Cary. Good teams win big games, i guess we were a average team at best that just got on a good roll against so-so teams. Our playoff stay would have been short lived, even had we won yesterday i never thought we were good enough to get past the first round.

With that said i think this team is on the right path to achieve for next season. The pieces are in place, and with willis and company i really think that MM game plan of smashmouth football will become even more effective next year. As much as i like drew as a person, in the end once again his ineffectivness in big games came back to bite us in the a$$ once again. It is time that this organization made a change. I thought that Drew was the perfect fit for MM schemes and offensive gameplan, but the guy has completley lost it. Time for a change Mr. Wilson, if you want to live to see a Bills Super Bowl championship you better get TD to open his eyes and see that Drew is done, and that he is what is holding this team back from success next season. We have a great core coming back please dont let one player get in the way.

Hey it was lots of fun watching this team this season. who would have thunk it that after a 0-4 start we would have returned to playing a "Huge" game in early January. The pride and excitment that this organization once had returned and i actually looked foward to watching them play every sunday. MM is a nice fit and took this team from 6-10 to 9-7 in his first season. Thanks guys for making it fun to once again be a Bills Fan...Looking foward to next fall!!! :clap:

jamze132
01-03-2005, 09:39 AM
There is a reason why Pittsburgh is 15-1. They have had to del with injuries all year and had different players stepping up each week. There backups could probably beat half the teams in the NFL on any given week. Throw into the mix that Drew chokes and our kicker is an a$$hole and you have a recipe for disaster.