PDA

View Full Version : The reason we won six straight, and the reason we lost yesterday...

OpIv37
01-03-2005, 09:30 AM
The Bills won six straight teams because they played as a team. When the defense struggled early against Miami, the offense put points on the board. When Bledsoe threw three INT's against Seattle, the D and ST stepped up and we still crushed them.

Yesterday, nothing went right. Bledsoe certainly had his share in the loss, and for that he should be criticized. But the D got smoked by third-stringers. Moulds dropped 2 that hit him in the hands. Our ST had a turnover and Moorman had his worst game as a Bill. Mularkey blew it by not going for it on 4th and 1, then called that ridiculous trick play on 3rd and 1. The team had 12 penalties, and not a single one was on Bledsoe.

My point? Football is a team game and no one on this team stepped up yesterday. Bledsoe had a terrible game, but he didn't have much to work with either. All of the people who say we need to get rid of Bledsoe need to stop the knee-jerk reactions to a disappointing loss and think about the options:

1. Start Losman, who is never mentioned without the word "raw" being used
2. Pick up another overpriced washed-up veteran FA who will be Bledsoe with a different name (remember in last year's off-season when people wanted Brunell or Warner? Sticking with Bledsoe was definitely the better choice)

IMO the best option is to let Bledsoe and Losman compete for the starting job in 05, and Mularkey shouldn't hesitate to pull either one of them if it's necessary.

LtBillsFan66
01-03-2005, 09:33 AM
:bf1:

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 09:36 AM
Great post, OpIv37...couldn't agree more :10:

G. Host
01-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Good Post. :whistle:

Moulds80
01-03-2005, 10:48 AM
that was a great post, and it is true. everyone wants to blame the quarterback, but others have had their share in this loss.

dannyek71
01-03-2005, 10:49 AM
The Bills won six straight teams because they played as a team. When the defense struggled early against Miami, the offense put points on the board. When Bledsoe threw three INT's against Seattle, the D and ST stepped up and we still crushed them.

Yesterday, nothing went right. Bledsoe certainly had his share in the loss, and for that he should be criticized. But the D got smoked by third-stringers. Moulds dropped 2 that hit him in the hands. Our ST had a turnover and Moorman had his worst game as a Bill. Mularkey blew it by not going for it on 4th and 1, then called that ridiculous trick play on 3rd and 1. The team had 12 penalties, and not a single one was on Bledsoe.

My point? Football is a team game and no one on this team stepped up yesterday. Bledsoe had a terrible game, but he didn't have much to work with either. All of the people who say we need to get rid of Bledsoe need to stop the knee-jerk reactions to a disappointing loss and think about the options:

1. Start Losman, who is never mentioned without the word "raw" being used
2. Pick up another overpriced washed-up veteran FA who will be Bledsoe with a different name (remember in last year's off-season when people wanted Brunell or Warner? Sticking with Bledsoe was definitely the better choice)

IMO the best option is to let Bledsoe and Losman compete for the starting job in 05, and Mularkey shouldn't hesitate to pull either one of them if it's necessary.
Good post...I agree with you except for keeping drew. Drew is slated to make aload of $$$ next year. Cut him, bring in someone of the calibar of a trent dilfer, shaun king, tony banks, jeff blake etc.....(someone who will play just as crappy as drew, but for much less $$$) and spend that money you save to get some quality OL.

OpIv37
01-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Good post...I agree with you except for keeping drew. Drew is slated to make aload of $$$ next year. Cut him, bring in someone of the calibar of a trent dilfer, shaun king, tony banks, jeff blake etc.....(someone who will play just as crappy as drew, but for much less $$$) and spend that money you save to get some quality OL.

I didn't really think about the money issue- I'd like to keep Bledsoe around as a mentor to Losman and an insurance policy, should Losman get injured or developed slowly. But a player in that role shouldn't make big bucks.

The only drawback to bringing someone else in is that they will have to learn the Bills' system that Drew already knows. It's probably a price worth paying if re-signing Drew means we can't keep Moulds or upgrade our O-line.

G. Host
01-03-2005, 11:37 AM
The only drawback to bringing someone else in is that they will have to learn the Bills' system that Drew already knows. It's probably a price worth paying if re-signing Drew means we can't keep Moulds or upgrade our O-line.

Drew is already signed for two more years. Unhappily they gave Drew an extension last year rather than take chance and sign him afterwards. I think it was to give some salary cap relief. Bills will take cap hit letting go of Drew.