PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe had me fooled

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-03-2005, 09:35 AM
After weeks of "not losing" games, Drew didn't show up on the biggest game in this franchise in years. I was crushed at the end of the game. The factors have all been laid out:

-at home
-against 2nd stringers
-playoffs on the line

and you get the worst performance since the New England game. This one hurts.

Pete Prisco said it best:
Goat of the Week

Buffalo QB Drew Bledsoe. A grim, dinosaur-like performance by a guy who, when confronted by a confusing, attacking defense (New England, Pittsburgh) looks too old to be really good anymore.

Iehoshua
01-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Sorry he fooled you.

I was honestly hoping he'd make a fool out of me and prove me wrong...

OpIv37
01-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Pete Prisco said it best:
Goat of the Week

Buffalo QB Drew Bledsoe. A grim, dinosaur-like performance by a guy who, when confronted by a confusing, attacking defense (New England, Pittsburgh) looks too old to be really good anymore.

I'm always confused when quarterbacks are accused of poor play against an elite defense. If the D let the QB's play well, they wouldn't be an elite defense. Sometimes the blame has to go to the QB- Bledsoe defintely blew a few throws yesterday- but did it ever occur to Prisco that maybe the #1 D just played a great game?

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-03-2005, 09:58 AM
I'm always confused when quarterbacks are accused of poor play against an elite defense. If the D let the QB's play well, they wouldn't be an elite defense. Sometimes the blame has to go to the QB- Bledsoe defintely blew a few throws yesterday- but did it ever occur to Prisco that maybe the #1 D just played a great game?

Pittsburgh played half starters and half backup players. Does that still make them elite?

Iehoshua
01-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Pittsburgh played half starters and half backup players. Does that still make them elite?

Shows they have great depth...

..or we're just that God-awful.

:ill:

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Shows they have great depth...

..or we're just that God-awful.

:ill:

I think it's kind of a combination of the two. Their depth is pretty good, but we didn't play or gameplan well at all yesterday :cynic:

FTG
01-03-2005, 10:42 AM

No. Some people just want to make excuses. We did not play an elite defense yesterday. Those guys are backups for a reason.